Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  GTA & Eastbound CARAVAN INFO FOR 2015 S. Ontario Fiero Picnic...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
GTA & Eastbound CARAVAN INFO FOR 2015 S. Ontario Fiero Picnic... by OHNIKO
Started on: 06-08-2015 11:53 PM
Replies: 4 (205 views)
Last post by: seq on 07-01-2015 09:50 PM
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HERE'S the event info: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095508.html

GT link: http://www.gtfieros.com/php...topic.php?f=13&t=645

GT caravan link: http://www.gtfieros.com/php...topic.php?f=13&t=712

(Personally, I don't mind an early start on Sat. say meet up at 6;00 or even earlier & get rolling at 7am at the latest? . Google says it's about 3.5 hr to the park location, not including stops.
I might consider leaving even earlier than 6am to try and be there for the park opening time (tba).

Please bring your FRS radios (& extra batteries) for the day; those help a lot when cruising in a group. FRS channel set up will be the month & day.

Adam or others in east end of GTA; could you suggest a meet up spot just east of Toronto etc just off the highway that works for a meet-up spot? (preferably a place for us who'll need to top up on food/gas & empty out!

------------------
RATE ME IF YOU LIKE MY CRUISES!!!
1985 RED & SILVER CUSTOM GT 2.8 V6...IT LOOKS NICE!

Original 18" x 8" Motegi Roja's, 225-40-ZR18's front, 265-35-ZR18's rears, rear adjustable coil-overs, KYB shocks, 2.5" drop, K&N filters, Holley side scoop, upgraded front & rear sway bars, poly, fully loaded, tinted, & some other nice custom stuff...

1985 GT Blue Beast, N* powered, fastback conversion project!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, suggested & easiest meet up point is the eastbound OnRoute, Port Hope. Meet up 6-6:30 am.

It has food, washrooms, gas etc.

(It's about 1.25 hrs from Mississauga to that point, and another 2 hrs or so from Port Hope to the park; total approx. 3.25 hrs acc to google maps)
I plan to gas up again in Port Hope & hopefully won't need to again? :lol:

Our departure time from the OnRoute Port Hope will be at 7am if you want to stick with me.
If people don't want to venture up & onwards that early, a second caravan group can always follow afterwards of course.
I'll leave it up to you as to those 2nd group details.

Don't forget your GPS radios & cell phones. GPS channel for the day will be the date 7-4

Hope this helps!
PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The event is coming up fast. Nice to see the good forecast!

Pete

------------------

88 3800 turbo...10 sec Quarter Mile Member.

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't get to Port Hope that early. I am checking if anybody wants to meet around Pickering at 0730.

To quote my post on gtfieros

Any interest in meeting in the Pickering area? I'm not overly familiar with the area, but I think the Canadian Tire at Brock Rd is convenient (adjacent to 401 exit/onramps, and a parking lot, and gas and Tim Hortons nearby...)

Nick has a start time of 0900 in Gananoque, and Google Maps says it's 2.5 hours from Pickering. So leaving 0800 should get us there for 10:30-1100. After the start, but at least we'll be awake.

Anybody else on-board for this?

The only caveat is that I'm only going to wait around if somebody else wants to meet at this time. If everybody else is trying to hit Port Hope at 0630, then I'll just hit the 401 as soon as I get up. Please reply and let me know.

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So there doesn't seem to be any interest in meeting in Pickering (either on PFF or GTFieros). There will be a second meeting at the Onroute in Port Hope, though.

Meet at 0900, leave at 0930.

I also have FRS radios. I'll probably be using the same channel as OHNIKO on the way to Gananoque ("Probably", because I've never used them before. No idea what I'm doing)

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay