Thanks to those who post problems and solutions by john-t-b
Started on: 05-07-2015 09:07 PM
Replies: 3 (159 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 05-09-2015 01:14 AM
john-t-b

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john-t-bSend a Private Message to john-t-bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a major oil leak in my 86 GT. 2-3 qts. every 2-3 days.

This is my son's daily driver (for now) without it my wife has to get him to and from school.
I looked under towards the starter, around the oil pan and on and on. I even at one point thought it was the transmission fluid coming out. So I changed the trans fluid and filter. It didn't hurt but didn't help either.

Then did a search here and found this //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/124595.html

I took a look at the bottom of the dist where it meets the block. Just a small amount of oil so, like a idiot, I ignored it......A week or so later still looking and almost ready to bring it to the mechanic i popped the hood while it was running and the "little" pool was now a "lake". Parts store and a new o-ring. Unfortunately work is so busy right now it took another week and 6 more qts. of oil before I got to it. Very glad I did get to it though. The oil leak has stopped annnndddd it doesn't run as rough now that I have all the plug wires connected in the correct order on the dist. The guy I got it from messed a couple of them up.....and now it pures and doesn't pee oil.

Thank you phonedawgz and others.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by john-t-b:

I took a look at the bottom of the dist where it meets the block. Just a small amount of oil so, like a idiot, I ignored it......A week or so later still looking and almost ready to bring it to the mechanic i popped the hood while it was running and the "little" pool was now a "lake". Parts store and a new o-ring. Unfortunately work is so busy right now it took another week and 6 more qts. of oil before I got to it. Very glad I did get to it though. The oil leak has stopped...

Hope you got the high temp O-ring.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah! The distributer O ring is a very common thing to go wrong on the V6. Glad it all worked out!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Hope you got the high temp O-ring.

Yeah. Get this //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum9/HTML/000034.html

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page