Started on: 03-22-2015 03:10 PM
Replies: 8 (426 views)
Last post by: dennis_6 on 03-24-2015 09:43 PM
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any transmission that used dogbox engagement that will bolt in a Fiero or any dog box gear conversions for Fiero 4 or 5 speeds?
Drove semi for 7 years, and preferred floating gears, to clutch shifting. I think it would be fun in my fiero.

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 03-22-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There were a couple of "dogbox" Getrags floating around on the forum. Haven't seen one in a while, though.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, haven't really been able to find any information,other than Todd used to have a few back in the day.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Thanks, haven't really been able to find any information,other than Todd used to have a few back in the day.

I'm guessing these were the Getrags with the straight cut gears that were used for the IMSA race cars, behind the SD4?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

I'm guessing these were the Getrags with the straight cut gears that were used for the IMSA race cars, behind the SD4?

Those were the ones. I think Todd sold at least one of them. I forget any/all of the details, though.

Dennis... You might contact legutt on the forum. He bought out an entire (deceased) racer's estate.
He might have one, hiding someplace. He's got a little bit of everything. Good guy to work with.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Those were the ones. I think Todd sold at least one of them. I forget any/all of the details, though.

Dennis... You might contact legutt on the forum. He bought out an entire (deceased) racer's estate.
He might have one, hiding someplace. He's got a little bit of everything. Good guy to work with.

Thanks for the heads up, I will do just that.
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought one from Toddster. Along with it came boxes of webster gears still in the wrap. Between moves and everything else, I haven't had much time to play with it. It should be going in my race car this season if all goes well. I'll split it open beforehand to pics and info (and to make sure it's ok. Sold as a 'never used spare', but who knows).

Edit: I know legutt at least has one, in the IMSA racer he has for sale.

[This message has been edited by kwagner (edited 03-23-2015).]

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

I bought one from Toddster. Along with it came boxes of webster gears still in the wrap. Between moves and everything else, I haven't had much time to play with it. It should be going in my race car this season if all goes well. I'll split it open beforehand to pics and info (and to make sure it's ok. Sold as a 'never used spare', but who knows).

Edit: I know legutt at least has one, in the IMSA racer he has for sale.

That IMSA is a lil out of my price range. There are helical cut gear boxes that use dog engagement. I wonder what it would take to convert a Muncie or getrag over to that.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2015 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still digging, found this...

I emailed PBS Engineering about webster gears made for the fiero 4 speed manual transmissions. Here is the reply.

Collin Westphal

PBS Eng. forwarded your request to us.

We have made a conversion for the 4 speed Fiero transaxles using straight cut spur gears with "Dog Clutch" engagement. These conversions are intended for Racing. Our design would not allow a 1st gear ratio much lower than 2.69 : 1. The other ratios are within the range we can produce. We no longer inventory these conversion kits, but will be happy to quote on a special order basis.

Thanks for your interest.
Mike Ruckman
Webster Gears Inc.
Ph: 415-388-1494
e-mail: webgears@aol.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050410-2-056633.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors