Watch out for theft by Zack_White86gt
Started on: 03-06-2015 03:45 PM
Replies: 55 (1116 views)
Last post by: tebailey on 03-12-2015 09:47 AM
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree with Roger, if you leave stuff in your car the low life scum bags will snag it. It's not right, but that's just the way it is. Used to be a time when the cops would go after those useless wastes of humanity, but now days they can't be bothered. So they have little fear of being caught.
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So aybody try a fake alarm led? I suppose theres no way to know if it deters.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-11-2015 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Theres very little of this planets humanity left. Im not saying it should be stolen...your stuff should stay your stuff. The reality of the way IT IS, no matter how outlandish it might seem to you, is thieves WILL take any opportunity to take stuff thats not theirs....everytime they can. Again, if your that dumb, good luck keeping your stuff. So screw you again. Your the type that will whine the first time somethings stolen out in open view from your unlocked car. Im smart enough to NOT leave anything in view and lock up whenever I cant see it.

Just because someone MAY take, or try to take something, of yours, doesn't mean anyone deserves it. What you said is exactly the suggestion that people should have their nice things stolen. That is exactly what it means, when you say someone deserves to have their stuff stolen. It's like saying women in bikinis at the beach deserve to be raped, because their thighs are in open view. So screw yourself again. You're the type that will make wild assertions about what type someone else is, on the Internet, when they disagree with some wildly stupid statement you made, because you have no idea what the person is about, and are set in your ways.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-11-2015 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by tebailey:

I have to agree with Roger, if you leave stuff in your car the low life scum bags will snag it. It's not right, but that's just the way it is. Used to be a time when the cops would go after those useless wastes of humanity, but now days they can't be bothered. So they have little fear of being caught.

It happens, but there's a big difference in pointing out the fact that **** happens, and that saying people deserve **** to happen to them, just because they were in a hurry and forgot to lock their door or some other stupid trivial thing.

Yeah, people don't really have respect for anything any more; but it doesn't mean anyone deserves to be violated because people suck.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Just because someone MAY take, or try to take something, of yours, doesn't mean anyone deserves it. What you said is exactly the suggestion that people should have their nice things stolen. That is exactly what it means, when you say someone deserves to have their stuff stolen. It's like saying women in bikinis at the beach deserve to be raped, because their thighs are in open view. So screw yourself again. You're the type that will make wild assertions about what type someone else is, on the Internet, when they disagree with some wildly stupid statement you made, because you have no idea what the person is about, and are set in your ways.

Come on you guys...get a room....

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your just twisting what I say around to suit you. Thieves DONT deserve what they steal. The truth is they WILL steal at any opportunity. If you offer it up to them so easily, your asking for it to be taken. Girls never deserve to be raped, but when she lays in a park naked and smiling with her legs spread at anyone that passes, she just might get it. I just say things like they are and never sugar coat it for you. If you take your brand new Corvette and park it in a ghetto alley at 2 am, expect it to be gone when you get back the next morning...thats reality. Ive been around too many years and KNOW what happens. Ive been a theft victim myself.You cant help if someone breaks into somewhere to get something. Im talking about leaving out bait and not expecting results. In most cases, insurance wont pay for things stolen out of an unsecured vehicle. They also usually dont pay for a stolen car you leave your keys in. Your lucky if the cops even bother to look for it. Im glad you live such a safe sheltered life that you can leave everything in the open and unlocked and no one ever bothers anything. For most, that ship sailed 40 years ago.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-11-2015 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your just twisting what I say around to suit you.

Im glad you live such a safe sheltered life that you can leave everything in the open and unlocked and no one ever bothers anything. For most, that ship sailed 40 years ago.

I'm not twisting what you say around at all:

I hear every week on the news to NOT leave items visible in your car...yet millions leave expensive clothes, laptops and whatever sitting right on the seat, usually not even locking the doors. Those people deserve being robbed.

I SAID IF your stupid enough to leave your purse and laptop on your car seat and even leave it unlocked, you DO deserve what you get.

Those are your exact words. I added the emphasis in bold here is all, to show you that they are your exact words.

You however, keep making wild assumptions about me, simply for disagreeing with your viewpoints. The OP's car was locked. It takes very little effort to get into a locked Fiero, as we all know, by pulling the door glass away from the seal. What you basically stated in your posts, is that he deserved to have his car broken into and stolen, because he drove it to school, and someone else saw it sitting there and decided they wanted it. I wholeheartedly disagree with that sentiment of yours, and stated so. Instead of analyzing what you actually posted, you got defensive, and replied with the assertion that you are right, in an offensive manner.

The fact is, nobody deserves to have their stuff messed with, whether it was parked on a school campus or on the side of the street in downtown Columbus, nor whether it was locked or unlocked, or if there is an aftermarket stereo, or some item left on a seat. What people deserve, is to have their stuff left alone. Of course, there are plenty of assholes in the wild, who like to **** all over everything. But just because they do, doesn't mean the people they **** on, deserved it.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do agree that no one deserves to be robbed, but if you leave valuables in plain sight in your vehicle don't be SURPRISED if you get robbed. The only ones that deserve anything are the low life thieves, they deserve to be shot. And some of them are, just had one near here 3 weeks ago. Cops shot him.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I did. Thieves were breaking into my remote located barges at will. I put a digital keypad on one of them with a flashing red led. They smashed the hell out of it. Didn't slow them up a bit. Maybe they were someone I had told about my plan.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Might help or not...

If people leave easy targets to smash and grab then likely blinking light or real alarms won't save your stuff.
If its a joy rider then maybe.

You want them to turn off when you drive. Flashing lights can be very annoying very fast. Even small light/led Could be problem at night. Flashing lights and driving and cops could be bad too.

Fact is most people ignore car alarms because so many are false alarms, like Boy scream Wolf so many times than people turn them out. In big cities is common to see Tow Trucks w/ car on the hook and alarm screaming all the way to a shop or impound lot.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post03-11-2015 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have not used one on my Fiero yet. but have in my T/A 's and HHR and 71 c-10 pick up..
it'll stop the joyrider,and the thug that rather move on to an easier "hit".
A thug that likes what they see might chance it, for a smash and grab..

PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-11-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Sadly the o/p most likely knows the #$%^ that did this.. as this sound like someone that's pissed at him.. not that, that makes it right.. but not many are going to steal a fiero for parts, and someone looking to joyride would've had it running in ten seconds after getting in it.. The radio.. last minute grab.. and why I'd say it's someone he knows.. that knows what is in it, and planned on moving it to get it all..
The Fiero aftermarket kits that have the radio's an inch out of the dash don't help matters, The other g.m. kits work, just have to bend the back bracket, or move it back.

All cars tilt columns from the 70/80/90's are easy targets no matter the make.. cars with no frame around the glass you might as well not look as you can pull the glass away from the seal enough to reach in and unlock the door.. locks are for keeping honest people honest..
When I have to park at a place known for theft, I have a piece of paper I tape to the steering wheel, in marker, tow truck driver, "note" no brakes . if I was parking at a campus, the grant anti theft works well, hard for them to drive it with no steering wheel.. That and the blinking led on the dash keeps the riff raft at bay.. the pro will not care if there is an alarm or not.. many have tow trucks, roll up. load it on and they are gone..
Fiero's might get hit if they have fancy wheels as they fit Hondas and Subaru's.. a radio in a car like that would have a removable face plate making it worthless without the face.. and I'd sure as hell not leave the face in the car..
Zack_White86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zack_White86gtSend a Private Message to Zack_White86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Sadly the o/p most likely knows the #$%^ that did this.. as this sound like someone that's pissed at him.. not that, that makes it right.. but not many are going to steal a fiero for parts, and someone looking to joyride would've had it running in ten seconds after getting in it.. The radio.. last minute grab.. and why I'd say it's someone he knows.. that knows what is in it, and planned on moving it to get it all..
The Fiero aftermarket kits that have the radio's an inch out of the dash don't help matters, The other g.m. kits work, just have to bend the back bracket, or move it back.

All cars tilt columns from the 70/80/90's are easy targets no matter the make.. cars with no frame around the glass you might as well not look as you can pull the glass away from the seal enough to reach in and unlock the door.. locks are for keeping honest people honest..
When I have to park at a place known for theft, I have a piece of paper I tape to the steering wheel, in marker, tow truck driver, "note" no brakes . if I was parking at a campus, the grant anti theft works well, hard for them to drive it with no steering wheel.. That and the blinking led on the dash keeps the riff raft at bay.. the pro will not care if there is an alarm or not.. many have tow trucks, roll up. load it on and they are gone..
Fiero's might get hit if they have fancy wheels as they fit Hondas and Subaru's.. a radio in a car like that would have a removable face plate making it worthless without the face.. and I'd sure as hell not leave the face in the car..

The sad thing is that I most likely do not know the person that did it. I do not drive my Fiero often to campus and this was the first time that I have driven it to school in about 3 months. Most people I know on campus have never seen my car and they do not know I have an aftermarket radio in it. This guy must have been looking for a Fiero for whatever reason. I only usually drive it in the winter to warm it up and that is only on nice days.

[This message has been edited by Zack_White86gt (edited 03-11-2015).]

cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zack_White86gt:

Having the broken neutral safety switch was essentially my kill switch. I believe he would have taken the whole car and not just the radio, but he was unable to figure out why it would not start.

Now you have publicly made anyone who wants to steal your car aware of the kill switch! Not a good idea.

[This message has been edited by cyrus88 (edited 03-12-2015).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-12-2015 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zack_White86gt:

The sad thing is that I most likely do not know the person that did it. I do not drive my Fiero often to campus and this was the first time that I have driven it to school in about 3 months. Most people I know on campus have never seen my car and they do not know I have an aftermarket radio in it. This guy must have been looking for a Fiero for whatever reason. I only usually drive it in the winter to warm it up and that is only on nice days.

You most likely know the person and here is why, and I could be wrong but 9 out of 10 times when a car is hit at a school or their home ,it's someone you know..
and being it's a school campus, I'm sure all those you talk to in passing are all tight friends,? Right.
Do you talk about the car to people you know at the school, as most of us tend to talk all about our pride and joy at any opening we get.. so the fact that you don't drive it all the time to school doesn't matter..
You talked about it, it's not a common car, it's safe to say if they spot it on campus that it is yours. or do you keep it a secret that you own a fiero and you've done this that added this that, . and it's safe to say,you've in passing while talking the car up also said, ya, it's got an alpine c/d and an amp. kenwood speakers, nothing fancy, just tunes.. (I have no idea of what brands you have/had but it's to make the point). most of the people you are friendly with on campus you really don't know all that well, but you know them.. you've talked to them and more than likely told them about your car..and like most in the car hobby we tend to sound like a John Force interview ,were he list of sponsors, We list of, ya I got a 86 Pontiac Fiero, I've added koni shocks,toyo tires,msd coil/bla,bla,bla,bla. "cool dude,what you got for tunes" well the factory radio was a cassette player so I changed that to an alpine and added a sweet Rockford Fosgate amp I picked up on criagslist, and some kenwood speakers. "cool man" ..
WE all do it.. most times without even knowing it.. never knowing whom also is in ear shot..

Sure most that are into cars can safely bet without getting near a older car will have an aftermarket radio, At a school campus it's almost guaranteed!!!
So, ya if they pulled the door glass out, reached in ,unlocked the door and ripped out the radio.. and would be gone.. That didn't happen.

And sure a person looking for a Fiero (unlikely but it could happen) could've tried to jack it, the problem with that is, a car thief out looking for a fiero would've had it running and it be long gone,as they'll know how to break the column and also know to check the shifter for a faulty neutral safety switch, the standard "kill" switches ,as it was a common thing with 70-80's gm cars..

The joyrider, without a clue would've broke the column,and when couldn't get it running,might take the radio just because, but they tend to slash the crap out of the interiors of cars if they don't get to take it for a joyride..

It's also a safe bet that those you know, know you would not be driving it in bad weather..As you drive the other car, what ever that is..

It's most likely someone you know, you might not be "tight" with them but you know him/her.

The radio thief wouldn't bother with the column.. and the amp would be gone, or at least unplugged/wires ripped off it, from try'n to get it.. and went in on the pass side as the amp would most likely be on that side,
The guy/gal out on the hunt for a certain model car, or a bunch of the same style car, would've been off with it, These types, are in, and gone, they know the little tricks, kill switches, and know of neutral safety switches,etc.. after25 seconds if it would not start, he/she would be gone, they don't bother with an aftermarket radio that they'll get 20 bucks for at a pawn shop.

The joyrider,They already know how to boost the cars they target.. but may not know or chance try'n to find the "Why" it not start.. hard to tell in the photo's but did they even break the column enough to start it with a screwdriver??

And the meth head that break into a car for a dime, wouldn't have had tools with him/her and wouldn't touch the column.

not taking away from any part of it totally sucking that someone tried to jack your car cause it does royally suck..
but someone looking for a fiero, would've followed you home, as they can come back later and less chance of getting caught on camera..but those going to the school, know their is no camera, people you know, will know when you'll be in class, and when the lot will have almost no one in it..
Hope they catch the son of a _________!!!!.. but don't be shocked if they do, and you know them..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 03-12-2015).]

tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back when I was in high school, a friend of mine had a 64 Chevy rag top that someone sliced the top and stole the radio. Funny side of the story is the thief didn't know him and tried to sell him his radio. That got settled REAL quick.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock