need a pic of the auto shift cable please by WickedFieroGTP
Started on: 03-05-2015 07:52 PM
Replies: 9 (197 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 03-06-2015 08:36 PM
WickedFieroGTP

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a pic of an installed auto shift cable in the park position, where it attaches to the trans bracket and neutral safety switch. Like the one below.

[This message has been edited by WickedFieroGTP (edited 03-05-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure exactly what you are trying to see, but here is one.

I need to install the shift cable repair kit that Rodney sent me. Hopefully this weekend.
WickedFieroGTP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Not sure exactly what you are trying to see, but here is one.

Thanks. I replaced my motor and cant get the shift cable to line up correctly. From your picture it looks like the bracket on mine is to short. In my pic the shift handle is in park and the trans is in park. Look how off they are.

jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your bracket does look shorter. Are you sure you didn't get it mixed up with another during the swap? Is your tran the stock 3 speed?

Jim
WickedFieroGTP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock 3 spd. I don't think I mixed them up. What I think happened is the previous owner had that bracket mounted one bolt forward on the trans. It will work there but it would only be secured by one bolt. I just didn't realize it when I pulled it off to paint it.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something is WAY off in your picture. The cable mount is totally different than the one on my 86 Auto.

In the photo below, the yellow outline shows the outline of your mounting bracket compared to mine.
Also look at the green area. That is a raised are on the transmission, and the green area's on both pictures are in the same place in both pictures. What differes is how far your cable mounts into the bracket compared to mine.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-05-2015).]

WickedFieroGTP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, you're correct. I had to go out and dig around in the parts shed. I found the correct bracket. The funny thing though is that the bracket in the pic is the one that was installed on it to begin with. It must have been positioned differently at one point because I drove it before replacing the motor. Anyway, I found the correct bracket. Thanks for the pic. It definitely shed some light on the issue.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad he picture helped!

Now that your engine is in it, and you are able to shift it, it sounds like you need to drive it down to the Daytona Show in a few weeks

It's going to be a great weekend!

2015 Daytona Show Web Site
WickedFieroGTP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to , but the Navy is sending me out of town in a few days and I will not be here for the show. Thoroughly, p'ed me off. I was looking forward to making again this year. I retire from the Navy next year though, so there shouldn't be any more last minute field trips that should cause me to miss the next show.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are actually 2 different shift cables....with different hardware.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/134747.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock