RIP Hulki by Rik
Started on: 03-05-2015 01:09 PM
Replies: 69 (2267 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 03-17-2015 08:25 PM
Rik

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw the news that Hulki Aldikacti passed away. Thanks for all you did to bring our little cars to life.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That took me by complete surprise...

I have Hulki's White 88 GT. That car will not be leaving this Fiero lover!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 03-07-2015).]

paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to attend the sevice Sat. Fred is going to try and make it. The two of us have visited Hulki many times, not at shows, but at his home. What a great person to have known. He will be missed!

A large amount of my (FIERO) collection was given to me by Hulki.

Ron T
Historian

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

Rik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A cherished piece of my collection is this sun visor signed by Hulki...https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203606411016107&set=p.10203606411016107&type=1&theater
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rik:

A cherished piece of my collection is this sun visor signed by Hulki...https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203606411016107&set=p.10203606411016107&type=1&theater

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A major part of Fiero history. I never did get to meet him.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-05-2015).]

Rik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting that for me Fred...PIP doesn't work on Macs
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hulki with Jerry at the 25th show.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So terribly sad for his family and those who were close to him. Ron, you and Fred were both so lucky to have had a friendship with a man so integral to our history. He signed the back of my driver's seat at the 20th and had some neat things to say about my 85GT. I'll treasure that moment always.

~ Jen

------------------
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4
MAFOA Newsletter Director

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rip good friend. I was talking about him yesterday recalling memories from the 20th show.

In the parking lot, Hulki was telling me about my car. He walked me over to a few Fiero's near by, then back to mine, pointed to the black lip under the front hood near
the raditor support, and said these cars didn't leave the factory that clean ! He had a huge grin on his face when he was telling me this. The excitment he had for our
cars was fantastic.

He will be missed in the Fiero world, sad day, Love the memories we all have that knew him.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-05-2015).]

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad to hear this.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, no! It's as if a page has been turned in history.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP, Hulki. Thank you for giving me my favorite car of all time.

I've had three Fieros, and like many many others here, I get what Hulki was trying to do with the Fiero, and I'm glad General Motors let him do it, even if they held him back a bit. The car still turned out great in my opinion.

This really makes me sad today.
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Hulki... thank you sir, for everything.

Tell Zora hi for me.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sad news. RIP and thank you.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I met Hulki at the 25th. I am glad I got to thank him in person for bringing the Fiero to life. He commented that he was amazed and humbled by how much of a following his little car attracted.
My condolences and prayers go to his family.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never met him but I am VERY grateful for all he has done for us and our cars RIP Hulki I do have something to remember you by.... a signed fiero wheel-well !!!
THANK YOU HULKI !!!

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A sad day for the Fiero world.
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also had the honor of meeting him at the 25th. He and John Callies complimented me on the Pace Car I owned at the time.
We all owe him a debt of gratitude. What a brilliant & kind man. My condolences and prayers to his family.
Thank you Hulki.
LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R.I.P.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

R.I.P.

Fixed it for you

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-05-2015).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just read about this. R.I.P Hulki. You will not be forgotten.

Rob
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
from the 20th Anniversary

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He seemed like such an awesome guy. Well, Todd M. will be the lucky guy up there with Hulki.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He was so good to us.

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2015 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for posting that great video. What a great way to remember him for those of us who never had the privilege to meet him in person. That includes me.

His comments at the 38 minute mark made me laugh and cry at the same time...

What a great, great man we have lost... truly the father of the Fiero.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 03-05-2015).]

OneSlowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The first time I saw a Fiero it was across the street from my house at a shop. I was too young to drive at the time but the shop owner let me sit in it and I knew right then and there that I would own one some day. I'm glad I've had the opportunity to be part of the Fiero owning crowd. Thanks to the man that made it happen! R.I.P.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hulki always had time to talk to me no matter what he was doing. I will miss talking to him as there was never a shortage of interesting conversation.

I will be on the road tomorrow night to be in Michigan Saturday morning.

Hulki was the catalyst that has kept me going all these years pursuing the history of the Pontiac Fiero. Every time I have gone to Michigan, he would have some one lined up to go meet that worked with the Fiero program. He introduced me to dozens of people.

Most importantly, Hulki was a friend who welcomed me in to his home when ever I was in town.

I will be paying my last respects wearing the Fiero crest lapel pin that he gave me. He wore this pin on his suit coat when ever he was addressing his peers during the meetings trying to get the Fiero program in to production.

Fred
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R.I.P.,thank you for making my life better. I love my fiero. You will be missed always.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sad...thank you for all the joy you have brought us
PFF
System Bot
rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R.I.P. Hulki, You always had great stories to tell, and most of us were ready to listen at any time. I met him at the 20th and 25th. He always had time to talk.
paced84 and Fred, you said you were going to the service. Please pass our condolences to the family, for those of us that can't make it. He was a big part of our
family, and he will be missed.

Bob
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rgeeinc:
... Please pass our condolences to the family, for those of us that can't make it. He was a big part of our
family, and he will be missed.

This. Please.

Thank you.

Steve
Zack_White86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zack_White86gtSend a Private Message to Zack_White86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never got the honor to meet him, but thank you Hulki for everything you did. The Fiero and this community would not be here without you.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Like the vast majority of us, I never met the man. However, all of us who love these silly little plastic cars owe a debt of gratitude to Mr Hulki Aldikacti.

RIP kind sir.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got to meet him once and did not really know who he was at the time. He showed up at a show unannounced in Pontiac and looked around and only a few people knew him or that he was there. He came over and he checked my car out and we alked about the changes I had made. He approved of what I did with the car and later when I found out who he was I was glad to find he approved of what I had done.

He was to have been at the dinner that night but never showed up. I would have liked to hear what he had to say.

This points out that if you have any questions on the car you had better ask them soon of those who are left. Most are getting up in age and may not have as good of a memory as in the past.

Fred this is why we need to put that book together. The future is going to have to rely on those who collected info like you, Paul and others. Even if it is not a full published book the story needs written down and shared. I think after what GM went through the Fiero story would be a cautionary tail of how GM worked and did not work that lead to the bail out. It shows the real contrast of those inside GM that were the problem and those who were no the problem. Today GM is finally in the hands of mostly the people that were not the problem. Note cars like the Z/28, Z06 and coming Mid Engine C8 and 6th gen Camaro will point this out. Old GM would have never built these cars.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 03-06-2015).]

flyntus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R.I.P Hulki Aldikacti
PePe-LePu_For_2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always wanted to attend one of the big national shows just for a chance to shake his hand and say thanks for the decades of enjoyment that my Fieros have brought me. No chance of that now. R.I.P. Hulki.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R.I.P.

What a legacy he has left. He changed many lives...some in small ways...some big. Altered the face of the world.....at least a little.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Hulki
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock