Started on: 03-05-2015 01:09 PM
Replies: 69 (2268 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 03-17-2015 08:25 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember meeting him at the 20th and watching him sign our cars, etc. I wish I had more time and was older to have more in depth conversations. When I met him I was only 21 years old at the time, so of course my interest was not where it is now. I applaud the people like Fred, Paul, etc that have tons of information about him and our cars. It's truly amazing the things that I learned just from John Callies back in 2013 at the 30th. I enjoyed talking to him and just hearing a guy like that say he really liked my car kind of made my car worth it. You don't get that from just car people in general it's not the same meaning because they just think it's odd I didn't build a muscle car. Rest in Peace Hulki.

-Amir

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

IP: Logged
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rik:

Just saw the news that Hulki Aldikacti passed away. Thanks for all you did to bring our little cars to life.

Where did you see the news? I just searched but couldn't find anything.

RIP Hulki. Tho' I never met you, you helped provide me with many years of joy, anger, frustration, and friendship.

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Where did you see the news? I just searched but couldn't find anything.

See here: http://obits.dignitymemoria...74322731&mid=6350304

The funeral home is ~8 miles from my home. I'm torn if I should go. I never had the opportunity to meet him in person even though I have owned Fieros for the past 28 years.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is really sad news. Many good memories of Hulki and his continued support with the Fiero community. I know he was good to all of us. My condolences to his family in their time of loss. All of us will miss Hulki.

Rest in peace, Sir. Thank you for all the enjoyment, good times and friendship you brought to the world. It is certainly a better place because of you.
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting that meeting video, I watched the whole thing and it made me realize how much I have missed being a relative newcomer to the Fiero scene. Rare87 I really like the headlights on your car where did you source those?
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred, ho[pefully you or Ron can put a little Fiero something in his casket with him. He will be truly missed.
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Terrible news, RIP. I'm thinking of going to pay my respects. He's given us all so much, it's virtually unfathomable in the GM system as it is.
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R.I.P. Hulki

-ryan
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R.I.P.

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SuperchargedV6

1966 posts
Member since Jan 2006
double post so I edited with a picture.

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 03-06-2015).]

ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That picture is worth 1,000+ words. Thank you for sharing, even if it was by "accident."
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That fiero is in Montreal now .... is the signature still in it??
Danyel
GTMN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Truly sad news and a huge loss to the Fiero community. I had the opportunity to meet and speak with Hulki for a few minutes at the 25th in Pontiac. He was the nicest guy, who sincerely appreciated our love for his cars.
My prayers and condolences to him and his family.
Mark
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was sadden when I heard the news. Like the others have said, he was a great man that contributed a lot.

It is unfortunate that he passed away in winter. It would have been nice to have a lot of Fieros show up for a tribute at his funeral.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-07-2015).]

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2015 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The memorial service is today at 11 am, so it should be going on right now. For those of us that can't be there this might be a nice time to take a moment of silence and reflection with those that loved him.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

That fiero is in Montreal now .... is the signature still in it??
Danyel

Yes along with John Callies. Rick B

zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

His comments at the 38 minute mark made me laugh and cry at the same time...

What a great, great man we have lost... truly the father of the Fiero.

I wonder what V8 they had in the car that he mentioned. Maybe a new swap for the Fiero

R.I.P. Hulki, I never got to meet him personally but he seemed like a great guy and had a good sense of humor. I feel like my signature is more valid than ever after loosing someone like him.

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a beautiful service, aside from his large family there were many, many of his peers from his time in the industry as well as many Fiero folks there. He will truly be missed by all. Thanks for making the drive up, Fred, it was good to see you.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone....

I just got off the phone with John Callies and let him know about Hulki's passing as well as this thread. He asked me to post this:

"I am so sorry to hear about Hulki passing. Not only was Hulki a great person but what about his engineering skills. Not only could he design, but he could execute the design against all the odds being against him. Without Hulki's determination and drive along with John Schinella design, there would never have been the fun we have all had with the Fiero.
God Bless Hulki and his family.
Sincerely,
John Callies"

I'll work with John to get him on as a PFF member.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AS I said earlier, it's sad to see him go. The picture of him at the shows he went to had to give him a good feeling. Imagine how he must have felt looking at all of the cars cars he created, and saying "Wow".
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did drive up to attend Hulki's memorial. The family and close friend funeral was on Friday,so the memorial on Saturday was a public celebration of life. The service was beautiful. I am happy that I made the effort to attend as I probably would have regretted later not going. Hulki was a wonderful person and always treated me like family when ever I stopped to see him. The times spent with Hulki will never be forgotten. The conversations that we had were never a dull moment. Hulki was a true car person at heart. His passion for the automobile carried him through the automotive industry for 43 years professionally and for a lifetime personally. His passion for the little "P" car is the main reason that we are all fortunate enough to enjoy our Fieros today. Many people that had worked for GM have told me that with out Hulki and his methods of persistance, the Fiero would have been another stillborn project to be swept under the GM corporate rug. I will miss him. The family was very receptive to the Fiero people who came to the memorial and the door is open for me to remain in contact with Hulki's family in the future.

The reflection eulogy of the memorial service was touching. I have included it in this post for all of the Fiero Community to see. Hulki embraced the Fiero Community that we all have built and continue to remain strong after all of these years. The pictures that were shown at the memorial included dozens of photos from the 25th Anniversary Show taken by his son in law. The comment was made by one of his daughters that she could see the pride in his expression from his eyes when he was with the Fiero people.

For years, I tried to get Hulki to accept a nomination to the Automotive Hall of Fame for his achievements in the Automotive Industry. In 2007, we were sitting at his kitchen table filling out the application for the nomination. At about 3/4 of the way down the application, he stopped. He could'nt finish. It was not his style to take on the publicity that was involved in being accepted to the institiution. I accepted his decision, his wife did not and kept trying to get him to go through with it. That was the kind of guy Hulki was. He was just a guy pursuing his passions professionally and felt he did not do anything that warranted that kind of recognition.

Here is the reflection speech as given by Hulki's son in law:

Fred
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing that Fred.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Thanks for sharing that Fred.

X2..

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred... That was really nice of you to do and to share with us. I didn't know him like you did, but I can say from my experience in the car industry that what he did was exceptional by any measure.

Thanks for attending and representing those of us from the Fiero community that could not attend.

Paul
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

It was a beautiful service, aside from his large family there were many, many of his peers from his time in the industry as well as many Fiero folks there. He will truly be missed by all. Thanks for making the drive up, Fred, it was good to see you.

Thank you for attending and representing the Fiero Community.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Thanks Fred!
Fieros_Forever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was shocked to hear of Hulki's passing. I sometimes think that we believe that icons will always be with us. It takes something like this to remind us of the how frail life is and how we should treasure everyone at every chance that we get.

I was never fortunate enough to meet Hulki, as he was never in any shows anywhere near my area, but I did extensive research on the Fiero when I became a member thirteen long years ago. And of course, Hulki was a large part of that.

I want to thank the members that attended the memorial, and represented the forum. It is just another reason that I am proud to be a Fiero owner.

I sat in Squirt tonight, and we had a belated moment of silence. Then I started him and gave a few revs in Hulki's honor. I know that he is looking down, and that he was proud to see something that he loved with such passion, still being loved by those who's lives he influenced. The torch has been passed, but the original torch bearer will always be in our memory.

R.I.P. Hulki Aldikacti. You will be truly missed.

May your road be forever winding, your fuel tank forever full.

-Bobby Jenkins

-FF
1986 Fiero 2M6
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieros_Forever:

May your road be forever winding, your fuel tank forever full.

-Bobby Jenkins

Amen, Bobby! Good one!

And thanks to you, Fred, for sharing the son-in-law's memorial comments.

JC

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pictures from the 25th...

Not my plate, but signatures by two of the best....
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Pictures.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock