Started on: 02-17-2015 10:31 PM
Replies: 25 (1428 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 02-26-2015 07:19 AM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all,

It is with great sadness that I am giving you the news that Troy Ritchie had passed away on the weekend (Feb 14/15, 2015)
I saw him only 10 days earlier and knew about his upcoming 24 Hour Motorcycle Ice Race.

He was the lead rider in the Ice Race when he lost control resulting in a tragic accident.
He was flown to UOA in Edmonton in critical condition, where Doctors operated for 24 hours trying to save him.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/cana...race-crash-1.2959997

Many of us from Calgary met Troy on several occasions when we had Spring Meets in Red Deer with the Edmonton Fiero owners.
Troy had hosted BBQs at the time when he had his own transmission shop - T.R. Transmissions in Red Deer.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040223-1-029406.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...041015-1-041581.html

Troy was a motor-sports enthusiast and had pushed his Fieros to performance many here only dream about.
Several of us even had an awesome ride in his black and purple wheel-standing nitrous-powered V8 Fiero GT beast.

Troy was well-respected for his good nature, humor, knowledge and sportsmanship by all of us who knew him. He will be missed.

His Fiero
http://calgaryfieros.shawwe...w/troy_wheel_hopper/
http://calgaryfieros.shawwe...iew/troy_121mph_run/

Rest in Peace Troy...

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-01-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad news indeed.

R.I.P. Troy

The Fiero community will miss you.
DeckGod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeckGodSend a Private Message to DeckGodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy was one of the best.
He will be missed.
My deepest condolences to Troy's family
Paul Mantei
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry to hear that.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Troy..... prayers to his family !
Danyel
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a great guy. At least he was doing what he loved. RIP
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad news, condolences to his family.
Edmonchuck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EdmonchuckClick Here to visit Edmonchuck's HomePageSend a Private Message to EdmonchuckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sad news.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Troy
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thoughts and prayers to Troy and his family. My condolences.
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too had just talked with troy before the race.. He didn't participate in the race last year and was disappointed and was hell bent on being there to do his part for the team this year.. he showed me the bike and we had chatted about getting together in the spring to ride on his own personal track out as his farm... We were supposed to get together and go on a ride this fall but our schedules never worked out... Troy did die doing what he loved. he was and still is one of the most nicest guys another fiero enthusiast could have ever had the great pleasure to have met... I know his family and friends will greatly miss him.. I know I will... my thoughts and prayers are with Caroline and their girls..... RIP Troy....
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sad to hear.

Our Prayers are with him & his family.

Archie
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Troy
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Troy.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad to hear about the loss. I didn't meet troy but I hope he will R.I.P.

It's times like this that I realize how strong the Fiero community is and how we all seem to make a family.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad news indeed My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. He will be missed in the Fiero community.

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy was truly a great guy. My condolences and prayers for his family.

Nolan
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad and tragic news indeed. Our prayers to Troy & family.
LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the pleasure of knowing Troy, didn't talk often, but always felt like it hadn't been long between chats when we did. He was a incredibly nice man, and always willing to help others out. He will be missed by many. My condolences to Caroline and their children, I'm sure they are heartbroken.

R.I.P Troy.

------------------
10.263 @ 134.44MPH - 1.49 60'
Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, ARP Rod bolts, otherwise stock L36.

Old M90 XP Cam time -
11.425 @115.60
1.543 60'

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LFiero67:

I had the pleasure of knowing Troy, didn't talk often, but always felt like it hadn't been long between chats when we did. He was a incredibly nice man, and always willing to help others out. He will be missed by many. My condolences to Caroline and their children, I'm sure they are heartbroken.

R.I.P Troy.

Thank you for that, and for the kind comments from ALL of you...

Edit: Condolences can be expressed to the family here:
http://www.wilsonsfuneralch...ituary.php?id=532124

Troy leaves behind his wife Carolyn and daughters Alisha and Sarah.
This is especially tragic when you consider Carolyn’s father died just 2 weeks earlier.

A Fund has been set up on Canadian Motocross News to help the family:
http://www.gofundme.com/RitchieFamily

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-21-2015).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<bump>
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very very sad news, Rest in peace.

-Mitch
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My condolences and prayers for his family.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW, sorry to hear this.
RIP
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those of us who are "North of 50" can look back and realize that "51 ain't that old" ...

We'll miss ya Troy...
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very, very tragic, I hate it when I see this happen to anyone let alone someone with a family.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock