Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  21st Annual Fieros at Carlisle - June 27, 2015 (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
21st Annual Fieros at Carlisle - June 27, 2015 by MAFOA Events
Started on: 02-09-2015 09:21 AM
Replies: 168 (3261 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 07-01-2015 06:35 PM
FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LostNotForgotton,

lol! Shows your stamina is greater than the rest of us!! We tried to hold out as long as possible, but in the end, it was just too much to take! Please give my congratulations to your daughters and your dad for even going through with the day!!

Hopefully the next event is a dry one and we can open the car doors without having to worry about sponging out the interior afterwards.

Great pics and hope to see you at Neffsville. I think it's even a little closer to you than Carlisle.
IP: Logged
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many miles on those daily drivers in class 184?
LostNotForgotton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MAFOA Events:

Again, a big thanks to everyone who came out and weathered the "weather". We have been very fortunate since our move to GM Nationals in 2008 that the weather has largely been good, albeit even a bit warm sometimes but every now and then, Mother Nature takes us by surprise. Despite the lowered turnout due to the weather, MAFOA still captured 3rd in the "Club Challenge" only losing second place by a few cars. Thanks to everyone who made that possible!

As noted above, a hearty congratulations to the Fieros at Carlisle "Best in Show" winner, Adam Powell with his 87GT 3400. Adam first brought his car to Carlisle 9 years ago, and it has been neat to watch its evolution through the years. Congrats Adam aka x-thumpr-x.

Below are the results from Carlisle Productions, given out on Sunday. If anyone on here didn't make it to the awards ceremony and would like us to pick up your trophy to deliver at a future MAFOA event, just let us know. Otherwise, you can have it shipped by Carlisle Productions for between $10-$15.

Stock Notchback:

1. Adam Lasser - 1985 Pontiac Fiero SC

Stock Fastback:

1. Tom Derr - 1988 GT T-Tops
2. Joe Aponick - 1988 GT
3. Gary Cashwell - 1988 GT

Factory Stock:

1. Robb Leppo - 1984 Indy
2. Bruce Homeyard - 1985 GT
3. Jeffrey DeDay - 1988 GT

Custom Notchback:

1. Jason Crego - 1986 SE
2. Ron Spencer - 1987 SE

Custom Fastback

1. Tom Harding - 1986 GT

Modified Notchback

1. Corey Leppo - 1985 GT

Modified Fastback

1. Adam Powell - 1987 GT
2. Luke Hanus - 1988 GT
3. Neil Zimmerman - 1988 GT

Daily Driver

1. Nate Williams - 1988 GT
2. Mark Clay - 1988 GT
3. Tom Harding - 1988 GT

Congratulations to all the winners! Looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall at the Fiero Dutch Classic at Neffsville on September 19!

MAFOA BOD

That is awesome!! I can't believe I won something Despite the rain me, my kids and dad all had fun! I was so late in getting my goodie bags and cards for the cars that I figured I missed out on most of the votes. Everyone that I talked to was so nice. I definitely plan on making it out to Neffsville. I look forward to meeting everyone there.
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LostNotForgotton

186 posts
Member since Dec 2014

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

LostNotForgotton,

lol! Shows your stamina is greater than the rest of us!! We tried to hold out as long as possible, but in the end, it was just too much to take! Please give my congratulations to your daughters and your dad for even going through with the day!!

Hopefully the next event is a dry one and we can open the car doors without having to worry about sponging out the interior afterwards.

Great pics and hope to see you at Neffsville. I think it's even a little closer to you than Carlisle.

lol, stamina...yeah that was it. Ha ha, if you call stamina cowering inside the vendor area with hot coco and also huddled in one of my Fiero's with a movie and heater going...then yes we had lots of stamina that day I read your comment to the girls and they smiled and thought it was cool that they were mentioned on the internet. They feel famous now. It was an adventure for them and I think the excessive rain made it more memorable than all the other car shows I've taken then too. My dad found a new level of appreciation for Fiero's and their owners. He got to stroll through the lot a bit and found that the muscle car population was a lot lower than he imagined and that the Fiero section was one of the most populated with cars. That coupled with the fact that the Fiero people seemed more talkative than the other groups he visited. He had fun and would definitely be willing to drive another Fiero to an event for me in the future.
I look forward to the next (rain free) event in Neffsville which is half the distance for me, where I can talk up some of you 3800 people on advice as well as open up the cars. I was hoping to have windows down and DVD players, speakers and Subs going as well as a few engine revs throughout the day. Something to look forward to next time
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnt671:

How many miles on those daily drivers in class 184?

Hey John,

Great question. Mark (LostNotForgotten) can hopefully chime in with his (Mark was it your Mera or your blue car that won?). I think Tom Hardings is over 150k? and Nate Williams might be in the 170s?

Doesn't yours have some crazy high miles?

~ Jen

LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Hey John. Great question. Mark (LostNotForgotten) can hopefully chime in with his (Mark was it your Mera or your blue car that won?). I think Tom Hardings is over 150k? and Nate Williams might be in the 170s?

~ Jen

It was the MERA that won. The MERA has 83k and the Blue Car has 195k. I didn't see anything about mileage restrictions. Was there a minimum mileage requirement?

[This message has been edited by LostNotForgotton (edited 06-30-2015).]

Pegasus88GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Hey John,

Great question. Mark (LostNotForgotten) can hopefully chime in with his (Mark was it your Mera or your blue car that won?). I think Tom Hardings is over 150k? and Nate Williams might be in the 170s?

~ Jen

Mine actually only has 98,000 on it. It sat in a barn from 2002-2012 when I bought it and had 84,995 on it at the time of purchase. Being in college, I don't put crazy miles on it when I'm at school but nothing relieves stress like an evening cruise.
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice cars. I'm up to 232,500. I lost a lot of driving last year when I got mine painted. I had a guy I know from car shows around here who has a body shop paint it. I dropped the car off last April 3rd for a three week job, and didn't get it back until Aug. 30thDuring the summer I bought a super nice 01 Monte Carlo SS with 70,000 miles on it and taking it out for shows, and it only came home empty handed at one show. Here's a picture of it.

[/ URL]

I have to get some new pictures of the Fiero since it was painted. This is the only one for now.

[URL=http://s891.photobucket.com/user/johnt671_2000/media/IMG_0027_zpsfmw4jryt.jpg.html]

Congrats to the winners and everyone else who made the show.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LostNotForgotton:

It was the MERA that won. The MERA has 83k and the Blue Car has 195k. I didn't see anything about mileage restrictions. Was there a minimum mileage requirement?

No, not at all ;-) John just has one of the higher mileage Fieros and it still looks great so I'm sure he was curious. We used to give a "Highest Mileage" award. I think we should bring that back next year.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock