Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  21st Annual Fieros at Carlisle - June 27, 2015 (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
21st Annual Fieros at Carlisle - June 27, 2015 by MAFOA Events
Started on: 02-09-2015 09:21 AM
Replies: 168 (3262 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 07-01-2015 06:35 PM
LostNotForgotton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

Excellent! I bet steve308 is doing a happy dance hearing there'll be another Ferrari rebody there!

We need to make sure we can get those two cars parked next to eachother somehow. Along with anything else similar that shows.

I've never been to a Carlisle show. Do you just park anywhere in your designated area or are you assigned a spot? I'll park them anywhere. Do we know of any other re-bodied cars attending the event? Does everyone usually stay with their cars or in their area or do people just park their cars and then go check out the rest of the show?
IP: Logged
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LostNotForgotton:

I've never been to a Carlisle show. Do you just park anywhere in your designated area or are you assigned a spot? I'll park them anywhere. Do we know of any other re-bodied cars attending the event? Does everyone usually stay with their cars or in their area or do people just park their cars and then go check out the rest of the show?

Great questions! Sorry I'll miss your first Carlisle (my sister is getting married that day - as a former Fiero owner she should have picked a better date ;-) ) but here's the lowdown:

1. You park within your "class" on the Fiero showfield. Your Mera should be in Modified Fastback along with Steve308's rebody (hoping we can keep the numbers growing so Carlisle will give you your own class!!) and when you enter the gate, you should be directed to the Fiero section of the showfield. Someone at the showfield will also help to guide you but if you're confused, just pull up to the MAFOA tent and a friendly face will help you out. Your other car has an engine swap right? If so, then it would also go in Modified Fastback.

2. People usually stay by their cars during the "cleaning" phase first thing in the AM, although if you want to just park your car and start meandering to talk to other owners, by all means definitely do so. This is the best time to actually catch people at their own cars; otherwise, once their car is shined, a lot of people wander around and get to know other car owners and learn about their cars. Oftentimes during the day, people will wander off to other areas of the fairgrounds to see everything GM Nationals has to offer. It's an overwhelming show but really awesome.

Hope that helps!

~ Jen

------------------
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4
MAFOA Newsletter Director

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2015 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The MAFOA staff is always helpful in helping us find the proper "class" parking area. You will find a small signs with the class # posted along the MAFOA section.

If you are pre-registered put your decal on the windshield before you arrive and you go straight thru the entry gate.(no need to stop at the registration building) when you park at the MAFOA section you will have to go to the Carlisle check in and pickup an info pack that will have your Carlisle ID that you place on the windscreen of the car (inside but visible) . The check in is within 100 yards of our area near the grandstands. Engine hatch must be open for judging.

You will need a hat and sunscreen, (hopefully) comfortable walking shoes, a small cooler with soft drinks/water and a chair or two. Many of us bring pop-up tents, You are more than welcome to place your chairs under the Central VA FIERO owners pop-up should the sun get the best of you. Oh ---Bring your camera! I've never had a problem leaving my windows open, just secure your valuables. See you there.

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 06-02-2015).]

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I forgot to take care of this since I decided to hold off on my engine swap. Is it too late to preregister with you guys period? Or just too late for the discount? Im also interested in the track night thing. That's not like a drag strip thing is it?
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

Sorry, I forgot to take care of this since I decided to hold off on my engine swap. Is it too late to preregister with you guys period? Or just too late for the discount? Im also interested in the track night thing. That's not like a drag strip thing is it?

Looks like the pre-registration discount with Carlisle ended on the 26th - You might want to check the MAFOA web page to see if they have any grace period. Day of Registration at the event is easy and well organized. Just turn into the 'registration building' on the left side before you enter the gate. The Carlisle web page is still up so It looks like you can still sign up via the web ---- It looks like you can register and get a receipt - you would then present your receipt at the registration building to get your entry decal.

Can't help you on the 'track night' thing

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 06-02-2015).]

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

It's too late to sign up for "Gate and Go" (where they mail you the ticket in advance); however, you can still pre-register at regular price which makes check-in the day of much easier. If you are definitely coming, we recommend doing that. Be sure to put down MAFOA as your club so we get credit towards our Club perks. This helps us offer additional prizes etc. to Fiero owners etc.

As far as the track event, it is an autocross track, not a drag strip. Info on the event if here: http://www.carlisleevents.c...l.aspx?detailid=1232

A schedule is here: http://www.carlisleevents.c...M-track-schedule.pdf

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please ask.

MAFOA BOD

[This message has been edited by MAFOA Events (edited 06-02-2015).]

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MAFOA Events

174 posts
Member since Jan 2014
Odd doublepost ;-)

[This message has been edited by MAFOA Events (edited 06-02-2015).]

LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Great questions! Sorry I'll miss your first Carlisle (my sister is getting married that day - as a former Fiero owner she should have picked a better date ;-) ) but here's the lowdown:

1. You park within your "class" on the Fiero showfield. Your Mera should be in Modified Fastback along with Steve308's rebody (hoping we can keep the numbers growing so Carlisle will give you your own class!!) and when you enter the gate, you should be directed to the Fiero section of the showfield. Someone at the showfield will also help to guide you but if you're confused, just pull up to the MAFOA tent and a friendly face will help you out. Your other car has an engine swap right? If so, then it would also go in Modified Fastback.

2. People usually stay by their cars during the "cleaning" phase first thing in the AM, although if you want to just park your car and start meandering to talk to other owners, by all means definitely do so. This is the best time to actually catch people at their own cars; otherwise, once their car is shined, a lot of people wander around and get to know other car owners and learn about their cars. Oftentimes during the day, people will wander off to other areas of the fairgrounds to see everything GM Nationals has to offer. It's an overwhelming show but really awesome.

Hope that helps!

~ Jen

It's a shame that I'm going to miss you this year Jen! It would have been cool to meet you. I'm sure your sister's wedding date was very calculated. As a Fiero lover she wanted to test your love of family over cars. A mean trick, I know, but I think you passed her test. She owes you big time though so remind her of that, lol. I however, would have failed that test miserably and been on the outs for life

Thank you to those who gave me some pointers. Lawn chair, cooler & a pop-up tent were not on my original list of things to bring so I would have been tired, thirsty and hot all day. Thanks for the heads up! They are now on my list. I did register one day late (May 27th) and I still got the 10% discount from Carlisle. I also got a multi-car discount. There was no shipping charges added to the total so I don't know if I will get the gate and go pass or not. I did get a gate and go discount as well but I'm not sure if that meant that I get the gate and go pass or they were just discounting that out since I won't get it...

I look forward to meeting Steve308 and hopefully being parked right there next to him. If my cars are going to be separated I may have to bounce around between them. I definitely don't mind leaving the windows down on them or even starting them up if anyone wanted to check them out. Both cars have DVD players and sound systems. The Blue Car had a double DIN GPS in it but it was stolen so for the show I've made arrangements to borrow a double DIN DVD head unit that I'll put back in. Just don't mind the slightly jacked up trim panel as it was damaged by the thief. It will at least give hope that it is possible to put a double DIN radio in a Fiero and I like my setup. I swapped the location of the radio and the HVAC controls so the radio had better visibility. I also LOVE rev'ing the Blue Car's engine until I hit the rev limiter. The 7730 makes the Fiero sound so good hitting the rev limiter! So if anyone wants to hear it I'm more than happy to oblige.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry I'll miss you Mark! I did see you on the official list from CP and you're down for 2 free T-Shirts with your entries.

I can't complain too much about the wedding....She originally thought of this coming weekend but I am still finishing my school year and it would have been hectic. So I guess beggars (aka date requesters) can't be choosers ;-) I'm hoping to make it up for Neffsville so maybe we'll see each other there.

You're in for a treat!

~ Jen
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just remembered that the GM Carlisle weekend is my wedding anniversary! I sure hope my wife can find something to do while I'm in Carlisle

Gate and Go pass received today!

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 06-03-2015).]

jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

I just remembered that the GM Carlisle weekend is my wedding anniversary! I sure hope my wife can find something to do while I'm in Carlisle

Got my pass today, also! I am thinking of meeting up with the caravan in Frederick.....I know there's another thread for that but I am not quite ready to commit.
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jazz4cash:

Got my pass today, also! I am thinking of meeting up with the caravan in Frederick.....I know there's another thread for that but I am not quite ready to commit.

Morning Jazz --- Let me know and we can add a stop along the 270 corridor to meet up with you.
Steve
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe you should take your wife along. When I take my wife Paula, I plan the trip so that there is something in it for both of us. We will depart Friday morning before the show, stop for lunch at Hotel Hershey, hang around there for the day,( lots of things to do there) then late in the day head for Carlisle where we will stay over in Mechanicsburg . The day of the show she will be with me in the Fiero area saying hello to all and then I'll just send her over to the women's oasis tent.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Maybe you should take your wife along. When I take my wife Paula, I plan the trip so that there is something in it for both of us. We will depart Friday morning before the show, stop for lunch at Hotel Hershey, hang around there for the day,( lots of things to do there) then late in the day head for Carlisle where we will stay over in Mechanicsburg . The day of the show she will be with me in the Fiero area saying hello to all and then I'll just send her over to the women's oasis tent.

Wife does not like to ride in the car - Ride is to stiff, exhaust is to noisy. it's to low to the ground, I play the radio to loud, and there's no place to put the junk she buys. Funny how times change. When we were dating I had a Fiber/fab Valkyrie - roof to road 36 inches / no ac / Chevy 327 dry sump bolted to a built / flip geared Corvair trans / 3inch ground clearance / gun slit windows / loud / blinding fast / unreliable / always drew a crowd / zero crash protection / no radio. She loved that car!
FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny how that kind of stuff changes!

Well maybe not "funny", but... common?
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still thinking about Carlisle but didn't register yet? There's still plenty of time!!

Pre-registration is over, but you can "regular" register through Carlisle's website: http://store.carlisleevents...chResults.asp?Cat=25

Any Fiero and any club is welcome! In order to register now, go to Carlisle's website, or call them on the phone. Just remember to tell them your club affiliation is the Mid-Atlantic Fiero Owner's Association (MAFOA). You don't have to be a MAFOA member, but you're there with MAFOA anyway since we are the local club who is hosting the show.

And if all else fails, register the day of the show. Tell them you are with MAFOA and you'll have to stand in the long line, but at least you'll be there.

And for those of you who beat the pre-registration deadline... Here's a teaser of your Carlisle show T-shirt!

Come on out and enjoy what is going to be a fantastic show!
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The design looks Nice! I can't wait for the event and a shirt (or 2) I also got my package in the mail the same day as every one else that mentioned getting them. I believe that I'm registered in the daily driver category. Does that mean that my cars are going to be judged against other daily driver Fiero's or all daily driver cars at Carlisle?
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The design looks Nice! I can't wait for the event and a shirt (or 2) I also got my package in the mail the same day as every one else that mentioned getting them. I believe that I'm registered in the daily driver category. Does that mean that my cars are going to be judged against other daily driver Fiero's or all daily driver cars at Carlisle?

It's best of class - FIERO to FIERO and then usually overall best of the FIERO's - In the past MAFOA has also had it's own 'special' awards like presidents choice - work in progress - best interior etc..., MAFOA changes it up every year to keep it fresh but remember that the trophies are secondary!
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's best of class - FIERO to FIERO and then usually overall best of the FIERO's - In the past MAFOA has also had it's own 'special' awards like presidents choice - work in progress - best interior etc..., MAFOA changes it up every year to keep it fresh but remember that the trophies are secondary!

That's cool. I wasn't really worried about winning trophies. I just was more curious about how wide the judging was. No body would be more shocked at winning a trophy than I would be. I do all my own work on the cars and use them more for recreational learning (repairs, conversions, upgrades and racing) than building show cars. I get my cars to do what I want but in the case of something like painting cars they look ok but still have quite a bit of flaws. I'm definitely not going with any intent on winning anything. Just for fun, learning and show my ideas. After I successfly complete a 3800 swap I may strip the paint and have the cars done up better and make them more showy.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's cool. I wasn't really worried about winning trophies. I just was more curious about how wide the judging was. No body would be more shocked at winning a trophy than I would be. I do all my own work on the cars and use them more for recreational learning (repairs, conversions, upgrades and racing) than building show cars. I get my cars to do what I want but in the case of something like painting cars they look ok but still have quite a bit of flaws. I'm definitely not going with any intent on winning anything. Just for fun, learning and show my ideas. After I successfly complete a 3800 swap I may strip the paint and have the cars done up better and make them more showy.

We all attend Carlisle to enjoy the fun event and to intermingle with some of the nicest car enthusiasts around. There are people there of all ages. Say hello to anyone, start a conversation and you'll find many willing to share in your ideas and in their experience. Quite frankly you never know who wins the trophies. If you want to just show your Fiero for fun (as I do) or seriously compete both options are there. If you get bored go over later in the day to the grandstand for the Miss Carlisle Contest where 20 yr old girls compete for the smallest bikini or something like that. There are numerous car events and seminars throughout the day.
This years event is steadily gaining momentum and it's going to be big

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got in another box of awesome raffle prizes from Rodney Dickman. Come on out and check out great cars, great prizes and good people. See everyone in 17 days.

MAFOA BOD
PFF
System Bot
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is going to be in town and wants to do dinner on Friday night, please contact Dennis LaGrua either in this thread or directly via PM. If there is a good-sized group, reservations can be made at a nearby restaurant. On Saturday, following the show, the usual post-show dinner will commence at Hoss' Steakhouse.

2 more weeks!

MAFOA BOD
RJS525

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RJS525Click Here to visit RJS525's HomePageSend a Private Message to RJS525Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MAFOA always furnishes prizes for a raffle, and sponsors donate Fiero items as well, but I would personally like to have even more and better prizes.

I would challenge and encourage everyone attending the Carlisle show to bring along a little something extra to donate to the host club MAFOA for some additional raffle prizes or to auction off.
It always fun to purchase some raffle tickets or participate in an auction and bring home something nice to have or needed for your car. So next time you are at the local Auto parts store, or looking at The Fiero Store, or on Ebay, pick up a little something extra to bring to Carlisle just to enhance the experience for everyone attending whether you are a MAFOA member or not.

Suggestions might include:

Extra Spare Parts
Microfiber Towels
Wash Bucket
Car Wash
Car Wax
Tire Shine
Fiero Store Gift Certificate, accessories, novelties

The more people we have attending and the more prizes we have the more fun it will be for everyone.

Thanks, Ron

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RJS525:

MAFOA always furnishes prizes for a raffle, and sponsors donate Fiero items as well, but I would personally like to have even more and better prizes.

Thanks, Ron

Ron that sounds like a great idea. May I raise the stakes by suggesting a "MYSTERY BOX RAFFLE" !!
Fill various boxes with Fiero related %$^#&* and raffle the boxes off. Nothing like a nice surprise!!

Okay boys, now's the time to clean out the barn. What do you think?

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

Ron that sounds like a great idea. May I raise the stakes by suggesting a "MYSTERY BOX RAFFLE" !!
Fill various boxes with Fiero related %$^#&* and raffle the boxes off. Nothing like a nice surprise!!

Okay boys, now's the time to clean out the barn. What do you think?

Spoon

Ron & Spoon - wow, fabulous ideas! Ron, thank you very much. It would certainly be a tremendous help to the club and the organizers of the show can't thank you enough! Spoon - love the "mystery box!" Can you bring a box? We can have it at registration or tell people to see you if they want to add something to it!

Again, thank you! See everyone in 12 days!

MAFOA BOD

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MAFOA Events:

Ron & Spoon - wow, fabulous ideas! Ron, thank you very much. It would certainly be a tremendous help to the club and the organizers of the show can't thank you enough! Spoon - love the "mystery box!" Can you bring a box? We can have it at registration or tell people to see you if they want to add something to it!

Again, thank you! See everyone in 12 days!

MAFOA BOD

Okay I'm in for the Mystery Box. I'll stick a few Fiero items in it and leave room for others.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To celebrate the "Countdown to Carlisle" we'd like to share a fact each day, from here forward, about the show's history. With 10 days until the show, here's our first fact:

Carlisle Productions co-owner and Founder Chip Miller's son, Lance, received a 1987 MRM Fiero GT as his first car. Lance no longer owns the car but maintains a soft spot for Fieros as evidenced by his Celebrity Choice selection of Jeff DeDay's beautiful MRM 88GT last year.
MJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MJSend a Private Message to MJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are the qualifications for factory stock?
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MJ:

MAFOA.com has your answer under "classification" --------
MJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MJSend a Private Message to MJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless I'm missing something, the site only explains stock, custom and modified. There is a "factory stock" option as well on the Carlisle registration site.
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MJ:

Factory stock is generally no changes with the exception of maintenance items and those items should be as OEM as possible. If you need further elaboration, just let us know!

PFF
System Bot
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To celebrate the "Countdown to Carlisle" we're continuing to share a fact each day about the show's history. With 9 days until the show, here's our next fact:

Did you know that Fieros at Carlisle actually began, not at GM Nationals, but at the Import/Kitcar show in May? MAFOA's founders first attended the show in 1994 and formalized the club that December. The show remained part of Import/Kitcar until 2008, when Carlisle Productions offered to provide more support for a move to GM Nationals than had previously existed when the club attended the June show.
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To get the full breakdown of the class descriptions go to the Carlisle Events web site. It has the breakdown for each class of car.

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom\1986 turbo GT
Founder of Mason Dixon Fiero Owners Group
NYFOC Member

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MJ:

Unless I'm missing something, the site only explains stock, custom and modified. There is a "factory stock" option as well on the Carlisle registration site.

Hi MJ,

Thanks for catching that. We've made that update. Unfortunately with hundreds of classes, Carlisle's website is a little vague and they've worked with MAFOA over the years to help Fiero owners get into the right spot. I apologize that we missed the exact classification on our website but it is there now and reads:

Factory Stock - for cars that are as original as possible. Same qualifications as stock; however, points will be deducted for non-maintenance changes (i.e. adding an aftermarket radio) and maintenance changes that are not OEM (i.e. polyurethane instead of rubber bushings). Paint may also be taken into consideration, as original paint is preferred over repainted cars.

To anyone who has not yet registered, please feel free to consult this page with classing questions. MAFOA and Carlisle Productions jointly work together to follow guidelines established for the national Fiero shows to ensure as much continuity as possible in the show field.

Looking forward to seeing everyone - stay tuned for your fact of the day!

MAFOA BOD
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MAFOA Events

174 posts
Member since Jan 2014
To celebrate the "Countdown to Carlisle" we're continuing to share a fact each day about the show's history. With 8 days until the show, here's our next fact:

Prior to the move to GM Nationals, Carlisle Productions did not provide trophies for Fiero classes so trophies were sponsored by Fiero and non-Fiero related businesses. Some of our sponsors have been with us over a decade including the FieroStore (sponsor of this year's T-Shirts), Rodney Dickman, Paul McKibben (Fierosails), Fiero Jon's and Freysinger Buick/GMC. Be sure to show them your appreciation!
RJS525

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2015 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RJS525Click Here to visit RJS525's HomePageSend a Private Message to RJS525Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

Okay I'm in for the Mystery Box. I'll stick a few Fiero items in it and leave room for others.

Spoon

Spoon, I absolutely love the mystery box idea. I purchased a few items for making up a mystery box. Everyone bring something to donate or add to or make up your own mystery box.

It looks like we may have several boxes with a variety of goodies if everyone participates.

[This message has been edited by RJS525 (edited 06-20-2015).]

MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2015 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To celebrate the "Countdown to Carlisle" we're continuing to share a fact each day about the show's history. With 6 days until the show, here's our next two facts (since we missed yesterday ;-)):

In the early 2000s, attendance at Carlisle hit 140 Fieros. In 2003, cars came from as far away as Minnesota, Florida, Nova Scotia and Ontario.

This year, there are already 33 Fieros pre-registered - already 13 more than last year!
MAFOA Events

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To celebrate the "Countdown to Carlisle" we're continuing to share a fact each day about the show's history. With 5 days until the show, here's our next fact:

Through the years, we've had nearly every kind of Fiero rebody present. Rare kits such as the Zimmer, Fino, and Finale have joined more common kits on the showfield such as the Artero and GT40. This year we have 2 kits registered and we hope more come the day of show!
FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weren't there Fiero owner(s) from Australia present at least once? Sans car though.

Do you know what was the longest distance driven to the show?

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe it was 2200 plus round trip by Rob Bartlett in 2003? That was a great year!

Jen
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock