Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  20TH ANNIVERSARY RUN FOR THE HILLS (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
20TH ANNIVERSARY RUN FOR THE HILLS by fierofool
Started on: 01-06-2015 10:37 PM
Replies: 66 (2140 views)
Last post by: CocoFiero on 09-23-2015 12:38 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will be holding our Saturday evening dinner across the street from the Helendorf Inn, in the confines of Paul's Steakhouse overlooking the Chattahoochee River. Current plans are that we will be inside the lounge. City regulations do not allow anyone under 21 to enter the lounge or any area where alcohol is served, even just to eat. There is a regular dining room and a deck overlooking the river, but the lounge is the only area that is large enough to accommodate the expected 30-40 attendees.

We will be requesting that you register your intent to eat on our registration form. In order to group us together as closely as possible, I must call them while we're out on our run.

Paul's Dinner Menu.

http://paulssteakhouse.com/menu/menu.html
IP: Logged
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just made my reservations. (Never one to rush into anything... )
Still got the group rate.

I look forward to seeing everyone.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just 8 days to get your event t-shirts ordered. Sale of event t-shirts helps us to fund RFTH and keep it going, so please get a shirt. Midnight September 4 is the deadline to order. Order at http://www.gafiero.org/shop.shtml
CocoFiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CocoFieroSend a Private Message to CocoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a real rough agenda for this event? Does anyone get together on Friday evening, or Sunday morning?

Thanks!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Friday is generally the arrival time and check in. Get your drivers route sheet and fill out the registration form. Registration is basically for restaurant seating information. Everyone is on their own for dining on Friday. Drinks not recommended. Check out your car and be sure it's safe and fueled up before going to bed. Socialize and check out everyone else's cars.

Saturday morning 8AM to 8:30 is the driver's meeting and briefing. We expect to depart by 9AM with those wishing to be most aggressive leading the way, followed by the conservatives then the sightseers.

Saturday lunch at a pre-arranged restaurant. Approximately noon.

Saturday evening dinner at a pre-arranged restaurant. Approximately 6:30

Drawing for door prizes and presentation of awards.

This is the end of organized activities. Sunday is generally departing and the return trip home.

A reminder to bring an FRS radio for communications while traveling. They can be had at WalMart and don't have to be expensive unless you just want the best.
CocoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CocoFieroSend a Private Message to CocoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great! Thank you. Looking forward to it!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone plans to order an event t-shirt, you must do it online. They won't be sold at the event.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tshirts must be ordered by this Friday, midnight.

Remember that our Run For The Hills is at the beginning of the Second Week of the OktoberFest Celebration. Hotel rooms can be scarce and costly during OktoberFest. As alternate hotels within view of the Helendorf Inn are:
The Alpine Village Inn (706) 878-2296
Super 8 (706) 878-2191
Country Inn and Suites (706) 878-9000
Days Inn (706) 878-4079
Best Western (706) 878-2111
Jamestown Inn (706) 878-1451
and
EconoLodge 706) 878-8000

If you think you may attend, reserve a room. If plans change, you can usually cancel within 48-72 hours of your reservation.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 09-04-2015).]

Racer_JT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am regrettably going to have to cancel my trip to RFTH. I was hoping to have the car ready by now. That did not happen. On top I am trying to be ready for my wedding in Maui in Oct. So i have to redirect funds to the more important trip...... NO not the RFTH trip, i was referring to the wedding in Hawaii.

I will be canceling my room tomorrow. So if anyone needs a room slot! I had a water side patio room. I think was 149 a night.
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know if this is appropriate or not but I have a little shopping list. I need a LH auto transmission axle any year Fiero, I also need an automatic trans shifter and cable, I am also looking for a windshield wiper delay module for an 84 SE If anyone attending this event has any of these items and they don't need an arm and leg for them annnnnnmd don't mind taking one or more items along, I'd be happy to pay a reasonable price for them so please LMK if you can help me out. I will be the guy with red Z28!

Thanks
DF
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2015 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be sure to leave enough room in your trunk to return home with some of these great items that were donated by Fiero vendors. Raffle tickets will be sold by Georgia Fiero Club members and the items will be raffled Saturday afternoon after our return to Helen.

Rodney Dickman
Getrag slave
Isuzu slave
88 EGR tube

Fiero Store
Outer dew wipes
Inner dew wipes
$50 gift certificate

TLG (Black Top)
Fiero dome light LED bulb kit
Fiero carbon fiber center console saddle
Led logo projector kit (Pontiac Fiero)
Forum discount cards

Autozone local store
2 Black and Decker snake lights
3 Light Mine magnetic lights
2 bottles Injector Sting injector cleaner
1 12V power port and cell phone holder (generic)
1 set UGA logo floor mats (generic = look like rear seat mats)
1 set UGA logo headrest covers
1 set pedal pads
4 truck tailgate covers
1 Bell back seat organizer
several sport logo mirror covers
1 Mini cell phone holder
1 multi-purpose tray
1 set pedal pads

Georgia Fieros
Digital EGR Adapter Kit
1985 Factory Service Manual
1986 Factory Service Manual Preliminary Edition
1987 Factory Service Manual
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weekend forecast for RFTH:

Atlanta, 85 High, 65 Low. Partly Cloudy.

Tail of The Dragon, 81 High, 58 Low. Mostly Sunny.

For you Florida folks, bring a light jacket or sweater. For you Northern folks, bring your bathing suit, rent a tube and Shoot the 'Hooch.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll be prepared and bring both

Gwen (Phil's wife)
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We were discussing pictures of the event on our forum and one of our members had a good idea. Because most of our people will have their hands full trying to host all of you, our guests, and to keep things moving, they will have little time to take pictures.

It was suggested that after the event, everyone post their pictures here through whatever means you want to use. Use links to your photo albums as long as you make the album public. Use PIP, photobucket, imageshack, google+. or Georgia Fiero's image poster. We would like whatever method you use to be permanent so that the pictures don't eventually show up as little broken boxes or red X's.

With everyone sharing their pictures, you get so many different aspects of the event. So many different views, including people behind the cameras. Pictures taken where everyone or one person can't be present. We will try to pull those together into a file and put them onto a CD or thumb drive. I would expect the file to be too large to send as an attachment. I know there are ZIP files, but if your computer is like mine, (W10) it thinks I don't really want to see what's in the ZIP file and no amount of beating on it will make it show me.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2015 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday morning Drivers meeting on Edelweisse Strasse which is behind the post office. It will be across the street from the Cool River Rafting, in the big parking lot. Be there by 8AM. I have briefings for the group as a whole and for the groups taking the different tours. We will depart by 9AM.
WHEELIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2015 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WHEELIEClick Here to visit WHEELIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to WHEELIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wheeler here. I can't wait to see you guys when you pass through Robbinsville. I am going to have lunch with you and drive the Dragon with you. If anybody has any problems or quick fixes I can help you out. I have Wheeler's Performance Cycle shop just north of Robbinsville . I have full machine shop, welders and plenty of spare Fiero parts. If you need anything call ahead or you can check out my stash. I will be driving my Scorpion kit car 3800sc and my 1986 gt 3.4 dohc and my DD 1986 GT will be here at the shop. I will give you 20% off any TAIL OF THE DRAGON tee shirts and souviniers.
see you soon!!
Wheelie
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2015 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday evening, the RftH is over, everyone is tired and happy that we all had such a good time!
Two cruises, one for the laid back, winery tour folks, one for the corner carvers. Lots of smiles all around. Several very nice door prizes, lots of good food and old friends, new friends, putting faces together with Forum names.
And the Dragon twice, there and back again!
Thanks from Capitol City Fieros to the Georgia Fiero Club for hosting the get together.
Let's do it again next year!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all. It was good to see old faces, both the long timers and the old timers. Frank Martin, thanks for being one of the originators of Run For The Hills. Others who've been long time RFTH people, Mariann Martrin, (hope I spelled that correctly), Tom Corey, David and Kim Hunter, and Raymon Otero who made a cameo appearance. Hope to see more of you, Ramon. Phil and Gwen (Phil's Wife) welcome back. Bring a Fiero next time.

Accolades to Pat 'CoCoFiero', his wife and son for coming all the way from Canada to join us. Hope the event was enjoyable enough that you'll return. Capitol City Fieros from Michigan, we were happy to see your group again. Always regulars.

There are many others that need to be thanked but I can't remember. I'm tired, sick and as soon as I finish my coffee, I'm headed to bed.

Good day, everyone.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We just got home, a few minutes ago.

I'd like to thank all the folks who worked so hard to organize this. (Charlie, Pat, Linda, Ron, etc., etc.)
I'd also like to thank everyone who came to join us. Some from many hundreds of miles away.
It was good to put faces to all the names. I'm sorry I didn't get to speak with everyone.
And thanks to all the sponsors!
Rodney, TLG, Fiero Store, Autozone, and all of the individual private contributors.
Y'all rock!
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any photos?
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the only picture I had the opportunity to take. This is the beginning lineup. There were a couple more cars that came in afterward. There was also a number of attendees that came in other vehicles who didn't participate in either of the runs. The couple in the Acura NSX came all the way from the Chicago area to run with us.

Many of the people may still be on their way back home. I know some were headed on a road trip to other areas and may be posting later. Some of our members don't use PFF or PIP so for the moment, you can see some pics and videos posted on our website.
http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1966.75

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 09-21-2015).]

TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This year's RFTH was based in beautiful Helen, in the North Georgia mountains -- the place to be if you're from Germany, and miss home.

My brother came all the way from Dallas, TX for the event. He stopped for catfish along the way.

My brother and I pulling into the Helendorf Inn (photo by f85gtron of the GA Fiero club).

Driver's briefing before the run (photo by Fierofool)...

WHEELIE's Scorpion joined us at lunch (photo by f85gtron).

Stopping for a break at the top of the Dragon...

My car on the Dragon (photo by 129photos.com).

My brother's car on the Dragon (photo by 129photos.com).

Raffling goodies after the run. (A big thanks to our sponsors, The Fiero Store, Rodney Dickman, Black Top Racing (TLG), AutoZone store no. 3167). Photo by f85gtron.

My brother in front of the Old Heidelberg restaurant in Helen (good German food).

Me (with a silly grin) at a riverside pub in Helen (photo by my brother).

[This message has been edited by TopNotch (edited 09-21-2015).]

TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take a trip up and back down the Dragon...
(The poor video is because the camera shook so much. I need to find a better way to mount it.)
Dragon bottom to top...

Dragon top to bottom...

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to add another sponsor. One who brought in some nice goodies when he arrived Friday evening. He was also a major contributor to our Warrior Project.

Thank you Jediperk.
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2015 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sponsoring the event. Least I could do. Here is a pic from 129.com:

CocoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2015 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CocoFieroSend a Private Message to CocoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Georgia Fiero Club for putting on this great event! Great to meet so many nice Fiero enthusiasts. We had an excellent time, not only on the weekend, but the trip there and back as well. Such a beautiful part of the country. Would be cool to have more Canadians join the convoy next year.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock