Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  20TH ANNIVERSARY RUN FOR THE HILLS (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
20TH ANNIVERSARY RUN FOR THE HILLS by fierofool
Started on: 01-06-2015 10:37 PM
Replies: 66 (2140 views)
Last post by: CocoFiero on 09-23-2015 12:38 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have made arrangements with the Helendorf Inn in Helen, Ga. to be the host hotel for the 20th Anniversary of Run For The Hills. The Helendorf was the host for the first event. Helen is an Alpine Theme Village and as such celebrates OktoberFest.

As part of the 20th Anniversary, we will be traveling to The Tail of The Dragon. The event will take place during the beginning of the OktoberFest celebration in Helen, so there will be lots of festivities to partake in.

Below is some paraphrased information provided by the Helendorf Inn.

*They have a variety of rooms blocked for our group for September 18 & 19, 2015.
*These are based on a 2 night minimum stay.
*Each guest may call to make their own reservation as part of our block.
*A deposit in the amount of 1 night is required to guarantee each reservation.
*After July 30, 2015, they will release any of the room block that have not been individually reserved.
*Cancellations must be received at least 10 days prior to arrival for the deposit to be refundable.

Standard Rooms = $114.00 + tax per night (Most of this room type has No Elevator Access/ Stairs are Required)
If you need a Handicap Equipped Room, please advise and ask for the special rate.
Riverfront Balcony = $139.00 + tax per night
Riverfront Patio = $149.00 + tax per night

*Rates quoted are for 2 adults traveling without any children or pets.
*Pet Friendly rooms are very limited. The Pet fee is $20.00 per pet per night.
*Tax is 15%

Again, be sure to ask for the Georgia Fiero rates. If you have any problems, ask for General Manager Catherine Gay Cleiman.

For reservations please call 706-878-2271 or 800-445-2271

You can find information about the hotel at:

http://helendorf.com/

or

" TARGET=_blank>https://www.facebook.com/pa...5?ref=hl[/color][/b]
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spoilt_87fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2015 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spoilt_87fieroSend a Private Message to Spoilt_87fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a great time. I wouldn't mind running the tail of the dragon. Beautiful hotel as well.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2015 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See you in September!
Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
September looks great to me. I always liked Helen and the surrounding country side

Plus it's fun to do the Chicken Dance at the Fest Tent

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2015 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

September looks great to me. I always liked Helen and the surrounding country side

Plus it's fun to do the Chicken Dance at the Fest Tent

Made our reservations

Life is good

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2015 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made ours too.

Gwen(Phil's wife)
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2015 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of our members have asked that I set up a Scenic Tour for those that don't want to go to The Dragon. SO, this year there will be an alternate route. Because we're in the mountains, there's no way to avoid some good twisties, so, I have set up something so that the sightseers can have their vistas and return to the host hotel at about the same time everyone else does.

We will be doing a preliminary documentation run of both routes on April 18. For a preview, you are welcome to tag along on either route.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 02-24-2015).]

ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reservations made! We will be there!
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2015 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember one event I attended that we drove through Helen and stopped there for lunch. Really nice place. Would love to go.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2015 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump and a reminder that you must have your reservations prior to July 30 in order to get the special rates. There are only a limited number of rooms blocked for us but if we get them filled prior to July 30, I can get more blocked for us.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any sneak of the route??
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The best I can do for you is to give you the text for the route and you can then use Google Maps to determine the route.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Olejoedad says they're bringing around 10 cars down from the north. Can anybody beat that, including Georgia Fieros. Maybe we should offer a club participation trophy.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have patio room booked
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2015 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with the hotel this morning and 10 of the 15 rooms I blocked have been reserved. Capitol City Fieros can fill those rooms plus some. I can continue to block rooms as our block is filled, but the later we get into the year, the harder it becomes with fewer rooms available to block. Get your reservations made early. I will check in with them on a weekly basis to see if I need to block more. We want to be sure all who want a room can get one.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2015 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone having reservations gets or got a notice that your reservation had been cancelled, it was due to a changeover of computer systems. I've spoken with Helendorf and they will be sending out new reservation confirmations to all of our group. If you got a cancellation and do not receive a new confirmation within a couple of days, please call them.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They didn't call me or anything about changes. Should I check with them?

Do you have the text / route? You can email or text me
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was the second one that called about the notice. She said that they were going to go back through and correct the problem. If you didn't get a notice, then they probably got it corrected quickly. Just print out or save your original confirmation on your mobile device and show it to them if there's a question, or I guess you could call the number listed above. I emailed the text narrative of the route to you on April 3.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may have old email. ThomasJesse70@Gmail.com
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep!. No 70. You have mail.
PFF
System Bot
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it. Thank you. Quick look. Looks like a nice ride. Maybe couple places to get her slideways
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, at least 318 places on The Dragon.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope the Dragon is not to crowded
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The preliminary trial run we were planning for tomorrow, April 18, has been cancelled.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
20th Anniversary Event Tshirts Available! The shirt incorporates the event design for all 20 years.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

You may now order your 20th Anniversary event tshirts in the Club Merchandise section of the Georgia Fiero Club at www.gafiero.org

All shirts will be delivered at the event. Orders must be placed by Midnight September 4, 2015. If you wish to pay by personal check or USPS Money Order, please make them payable to Georgia Fieros or Georgia Fiero Club. Please include a note with your name, address, size(s) and quantity and a contact phone number. Mail orders must be received by September 4, 2015. Late orders may be delivered by mail at an additional cost for postage. The mailing address is

Georgia Fieros
287 Park Place
Auburn, Ga. 30011

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 04-22-2015).]

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2015 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump
ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2015 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump to get this seen at the top.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At 11:15 this morning there were only 2 rooms left of the group we had blocked. I just blocked an additional 5 rooms. You have just a little over a month to get your reservations made to get our group discount. I don't know if I'll be able to block any more rooms beyond this point.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
20 years... wow, I remember when the first one was organized...
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've blocked more rooms and we now have 8 more rooms available until July 30.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you haven't booked your room, yet, you only have about 3 weeks left to take advantage of the group discount. If you have booked or are otherwise planning to attend, don't forget to order your event Tshirt .
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to be in Helen the previous week and hope to do the northbound leg with you guys Saturday morning. Will be continuing north from the Knoxville area. Kim and I will not be in our Fiero but are hoping you won't mind a 95 Z28 at the back of the pack. Second rate Car, I know but are sacrificing Fiero style for Camaro reliability.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to have you along. You could continue on up US 129 after we pass through The Dragon, and connect with I-75 at Knoxville. There is also a Canadian Father/Son team joining us for the event.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Final Reminder for hotel rooms. Friday is the last day to get the discounted rates at Helendorf Inn. After that you will have to pay full price or find an alternate hotel.

This is an event you really don't want to miss. We at Georgia Fieros have considered making it the final Run For The Hills that we will produce.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Final Reminder for hotel rooms. Friday is the last day to get the discounted rates at Helendorf Inn. After that you will have to pay full price or find an alternate hotel.

This is an event you really don't want to miss. We at Georgia Fieros have considered making it the final Run For The Hills that we will produce.

I was told that the block of rooms was released on 1 July. However, they just honored the reservation at the original price.

Nelson
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the actual email sent to Georgia Fieros. If anyone else has a problem, please copy and paste this in an email to helendorf@windstream.net attention Catherine Cleiman. I will try to get this corrected tomorrow.

Quote:

Dear Mr. Sewell,

My staff and I are delighted to welcome back the Georgia Fiero Club as you celebrate your 20th Anniversary!!

Will you need meeting space for the club? Will one of your members be interested in reserving a Large Riverfront Balcony Jacuzzi Suite to use as a Hospitality Suite for the group?

As we discussed, I am emailing details for your block of rooms:

*We have a variety of rooms blocked for your group for September 18 & 19, 2015.
*These are based on a 2 night minimum stay.
*Each guest may call to make their own reservation as part of your block.
*A deposit in the amount of 1 night is required to guarantee each reservation.
*After July 30, 2015, we will release any of the room block that have not been individually reserved.
*Cancellations must be received at least 10 days prior to arrival for the deposit to be refundable.

Standard Rooms = $114.00 + tax per night (Most of this room type has No Elevator Access/ Stairs are Required)
Riverfront Balcony = $139.00 + tax per night
Riverfront Patio = $149.00 + tax per night

*Rates quoted are for 2 adults traveling without any children or pets.
*Pet Friendly rooms are very limited. The Pet fee is $20.00 per pet per night.
*Tax is 15%

For reservations please call 706-878-2271 or 800-445-2271

Your members can find information about our hotel at:

http://helendorf.com/

or

https://www.facebook.com/pa.../217342210455?ref=hl

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Sincerely,
Catherine

Catherine Gay Cleiman
General Manager
Helendorf River Inn, Suites & Conference Center
P.O. Box 305
33 Munich Strasse
Helen, Georgia 30545
helendorf@windstream.net
706-878-2271
800-445-2271

End Quote.

UPDATE:

The general manager apologized for the mistake of releasing our block of rooms. They will honor the rates until August 14, as long as rooms are available but you must ask for the Georgia Fieros rates. Anyone who has made reservations so far and didn't get the group rate, please contact them and have them correct the charges.

I have a list of those who have made reservations. Frank and Mariana, You aren't among them. Is there an error on their part?

I just got another update. Frank, you are now on the listing. I see some of our old friends who haven't been in a while. Welcome back.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-28-2015).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those who don't get a room at the Helendorf, or want to pay less for a room, there are at least 5 other hotels directly in front of The Helendorf. Rather than list them all here, go to Google Maps, enter Helendorf Inn, Helen, Ga.

Then scan to the East. That's to the right. Drag the map to your left and the hotels will show up. Click on your choice and the information will come up to contact them.
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reservation made!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see you again, today.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock