fiero members? by fierogt28
Started on: 12-20-2014 03:19 PM
Replies: 111 (2597 views)
Last post by: ITALGT on 03-20-2015 06:01 PM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forums are for people that hate Facebook like me. I haven't looked for Fiero stuff on there unless somebody link it. It doesn't work hardly at all on my iPad when trying to load a page it closes my browse most times.

As far as 3800 builds most don't, if any that I have read keep a running list in one post or that well documented of what they have done. That is why I started a basic build requirements and will updates as I get something done or find something I need to do. I think I only found one that mentioned what they did for fuel lines. If we have to look thru multiple builds every time we want to do something we will spend more time searching and reading than getting anything done.
IP: Logged
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been neglecting PFF quite a bit lately... I've been a little distracted. Lol!

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2015 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As for myself. I have just been swamped with dealing with life. I've spent the last few weekends putting a different transmission in my sisters truck. 1996 Chevy S10 4X4. We spent 4 days just chiseling all the rusted bolts loose. Christmas and whatever any one else has had for me to do also kept me busy.

Thats actually why I'm posting tonight, I'm ready to start on my stuff to do now. I have a head light projector mod ready to install.
I have to replace a bunch of brake lines up front and run transmission cooler hard lines under the car to the front. Also I have to do a trans cooler vented in the right quarter panel. My coolant temp creeps up on long road trips after about an hour on the road.

I also need to redo my head liner.

I have a gen five blower, LIM and Northstar throttle body. I still have to buy a MAF sensor that will work with it. Of course with the bigger blower I will have to do an E85 Mod also.

I've been toying with SkiTimes clear deck lid mod.

By spring I will hopefully have some new tires to put on my Motegi rims I have.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for other members to chime in, if their still on here.
pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You just have to love the FIERO.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been around here for a while, although I'm not exactly a "chatterbox" when it comes to posting. Like many others, I used log onto PFF several times a day, to see what was going on. At that time, I had my Fiero here at home in the garage, and it was easy to just pull the cover off, hop in, and go for a drive. I had things I needed to do to it, and PFF was a great source of info for the projects I was working on. Fast forward a couple of years...the Fiero now sits in a storage unit so that my daily driver can be in the garage at night. The old adage..."out of sight, out of mind" really IS true. Most of the projects that I was working on have now been completed, so it's not like I have all these things I want to do to it anymore. I used to be able to just drive over to the storage unit, pull the Fiero out, pull my DD in, and go for a drive. Now, that's not the case. My storage unit is packed full of stuff, and the Fiero is shoehorned in...I actually have to have someone act as a spotter while I back it out and pull it in, so I can't just go over by myself and get it. It's become a hassle to pull it out, so I just don't. I don't think I've driven it in over a year...and when you stop using it, your interest level starts to wane. When that happens, it's just not that important to hit PFF every night to see what's going on. From there, it just kind of snowballs. I love driving the Fiero...when I'm driving it. But it's become such a chore just to get it out of storage that most of the time, it just isn't worth it. I'm getting older, and it's getting harder and harder to crawl underneath it and around it to work on it, or to do the cleaning necessary to be able to have a chance to make a respectable showing at a car show. And so, the interest wanes even more. Once you start losing interest in the car, you start losing interest in everything that goes with it...PFF included. I still check out the forum from time to time, but I'm not on here every night like I used to be. I've even considered selling the Fiero...I love the car, and I enjoy the hell out of driving it. But if it's just going to sit because it's a PIA to go out and get it, then maybe it's time for me to pass it along to someone who WOULD use it. Our local club, at one time, had 70 + members. Now, it's pretty much disbanded, as we had a core group of about 5 or 6 people who would come to the meetings....and no one wanted to run the club, or organize activities, etc. I know of two people who have, or are planning to, sell their Fieros that they've had for many years. They've just lost interest, and it's time to move on. But it's not just the Fiero world...there are many clubs of different makes that have seen a large loss of membership over the past several years. And I also think that there are "phases" of interest. People that have held on to their cars for many years finally tire of them and sell them. Eventually, you have a large group of new owners, and the interest grows again for a while. I think that maybe we're in that phase where interest is waning a bit, but maybe it will pick up again in a while. Only time will tell.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I just now noticed that apparently nobody uses the Events Calendar at the top (you can't be in a topic to see it... scrolling up now won't show it).
There was a period of time when it was full of stuff.

I have always been surprised by how little use it has in all the time i've been here. I even suggest it from time to time in event threads.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
I hop around in the forum. Alot of my posts are in OT, also I try to help with questions in Tech and General. Maybe because my 2 Fieros seem to be running good, and I dont get alot of time to modify them, so I dont have alot of questions. I make it to many midwest shows and meet alot of good people. Had a little Christmas party with some this year too, in addition to the club's yearly party. My advice is get out and meet folks in real life, drive your car to events. Also remember your newbie days, be nice and helpful to folks on and off the forum and if they are excited feed it and feed off of it.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2015 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cars are getting old, old efi cars are not reliable, parts are not just a local parts store away, and why many owners have spares on hand..
Next is the swaps, face it the 3800 v6 and the N* are now very old and finding low mile wrecks isn't as easy as it was at one time.. never mind the amount of threads that are builds of the swaps that never get finished, That makes many question even try'n it.
Then you have the members that if you even mumble you plan on working on the iron duke, wax on about it being a waste of time, go get a 3800 or a quad 4.
Every forum has the members that get moist every time they post "use the search"..
Then you have the age thing, the Fiero isn't like the monte SS, regal t-type- f bodys, mustangs, it is a hard car to get in and out of, and the seats suck for anyone with back issues, what ever foam they had is now 30 years of compressed foam that is more like sitting on a plastic or alum race seat. so these owners move on.. There are days I dread having to try to get into my Indy after a long day at work..
Not everyone is mechanicly inclined and many shops will not touch them, this gets old real fast, when you are in that boat.. and many in the car hobby are in that boat..
All forums are getting slow, as people move to facebook, As unlike here that is only fiero's. You find facebook groups, local that have cruises, meets, shows,sat morning cars and coffee meets.. Last season if I wasn't sick I could've go to a car based event every day/night if I wanted to..
Most of it, is the old guard being brash to newbies, just look at how many times in this thread that Patrick posted that the older members are
"My take on the situation is that a lot of newbs come to a forum (this forum, any forum), and want their hands held while being walked through every step of whatever procedure they're concerned with. They want immediate gratification provided by forum members who are donating their time and expertise.
See most in the hobby enjoy helping others and don't have the mindset that they are owed something if they help another member.. you see patrich and members like you, people have lives, they rather not look through 20 pages of hits in a search.. so they ask.. many ask after searching and coming up empty.. then get crap like that, and then don't bother asking/posting any more, they'll have the forum bookmarked and use the search and if they can't find an answer, won't bother posting.. you can see this, as the page logs how many have been on the site daily.. the % of hits to post tells the story..
Forums that are model based, like this one.. will slow down, as the # of cars drop.. A guy with a Pontiac nascar 2+2 might stop in to hunt venders, but that's about it.. same with the t/a guys,
Forums also slow because of a mindset change, people now drive their "toys".. so they tend to be in the garage in the winter, and out cruising in the good weather..
I know I didn't post much when my health got a little better as I was busy with the yard the house, family,etc.. Health took a dumb again so I post a ton..
I know given a choice I'd be in the garage and not on the computer.. And one last thought, When the forum and fiero swaps was bigger, there wasn't much out there on the dealer lots.. now you have mustangs that look like the 68, the Camaro, challenger, with v6's that make v8 power..
Many also look to you tube for help on whatever they are going to do.. as there is a video of it..

and the honest truth, today you can buy a mid 90's vette for less than a 3800s/c swap fiero.. like it or not, there is a better chance of the vette going up in value and the fiero not..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 03-18-2015).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

......if their still on here.

Key words. So many members that were veterans to the Fiero and also pioneers in developing and tweaking the cars have left this forum due to the constant insults and degrading actions of others. And we lost another good member today. At this rate, this place should be a boring desert pretty soon......and rightfully so.

As far as the question that was the original post on here, not many people are posting anymore because all of the good guys have left here and taken their knowledge with them. Now it's just a basic Q&A forum. Once an answer is posted, you'll be lucky to ever hear from that person in another 4 months.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-18-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who did we lose today (yesterday)?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 03-19-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post03-19-2015 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Key words. So many members that were veterans to the Fiero and also pioneers in developing and tweaking the cars have left this forum due to the constant insults and degrading actions of others. And we lost another good member today. At this rate, this place should be a boring desert pretty soon......and rightfully so.

As far as the question that was the original post on here, not many people are posting anymore because all of the good guys have left here and taken their knowledge with them. Now it's just a basic Q&A forum. Once an answer is posted, you'll be lucky to ever hear from that person in another 4 months.

Sorry, don't agree.. many of the members that have been here a long time, think their crap don't stink, and will tell you, who are you, I've been here since 1999.. bla bla bla..
The other part of it, is GENERATION GAP.. to many of the older guys, have a hair across their butts toward the younger guys.. just like in REAL life.. most 50y/o don't like many 20-30y/o's and be more than happy to tell you all about it.. They already have the mind set that the younger generations are lazy, entitled, brats.. and that comes through in the post.. then get pissed when a newbie brings it right on back, not taking the condescending b/s..
What is the point of them coming to a car forum if they are going to tell a person "use the search" .. I had blooz p.m. me telling me how dare I contradict him, As he is an ALL knowing ENGINEER.. and he's been here since__________.. All because I posted FACTS straight from the good year engineering that work with the teams on tire test..
REspect isn't a given, it is EARNED... acting like, what I say goes because I've been here longer, doesn't earn you any.. Sure many have tons of info in their heads, but the younger guys just might have a better idea also.. Those that leave, were just looking for a reason to break ties, cause if you get that bent over a post or thread on the internet.. then you have bigger problems..
Cause 9 times out of ten, the guy you argue with on a forum, tends to be a great person to hang with when you meet them.. It's comical that some think you have to agree and not argue about anything on a forum, Those type can have never had buddies over turning wrenches on your/their car/truck cause even the best of buddies get into heated agruements.. difference is, most don't hold a grudge, they let it go.. many that get bent on the internet don't know how to let it go.. makes me wonder how they handle face to face daily interaction.. if they hold grudges in real life like they do on the "web"

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 03-19-2015).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right, and after all the debates and excuses about what happened to the people, they are still gone and many more will follow. Word of mouth travels fast on the Internet and no one wants to join a forum when they hear about the bickering and insults. Now the great news is that this forum has excellent members such as yourself and Lambo Nut who could care less about what they say and actually contribute to people leaving here.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT

10263 posts
Member since Aug 2007

Originally posted by tshark:

Who did we lose today (yesterday)?

We lost Will Hammond (Infinitewill)
His photos are gone and he removed all of his posts from his thread.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I won't be able to get that new trunk weatherstripping now . I joined another fiero site and I noticed a lot of old members from here over there .But I doubt I will be a regular there .I just can't be bothered using 2 sites .Traffic here has fallen off the edge though , maybe this is the big slide to fiero oblivion , I don't know .
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a shame but that's what happens when you take talent and treat it like bullshit.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-19-2015).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also know many Fieroheads who have a car they planned on fixing or modifying and they have family obligations and job obligations or financial troubles that get in the way. You know how quickly a project can sit and sit and all of a sudden its been 5-10 years...
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
We lost Will Hammond (Infinitewill)
His photos are gone and he removed all of his posts from his thread.

I winder what happened. I'd seen he's selling, but remiving posts & pics is a bit extreme.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wonder what happened. I'd seen he's selling, but removing posts & pics is a bit extreme.

Ok. This is a bunch of crap. I'm getting tired of these I'm taking my ball and going home posts. Look...If there was a reason for posting good info in the first place then why take it down? For a couple of trolls that offend you so much? Are you going to be soooo thin skinned that it will affect you that you would want to punish the greater Fiero Community here???? WTF....This community here is really good for the the most part. Sure you have your azzholes here and there, but its like that in general society. Stop being so effing sheltered and easily offended. I've seen personal attacks in threads in the past and I would call out the offender in those situations. But gee wizz people...the hey you offended me and I'm leaving and deleting everything thing is getting old. Effing grow a pair!!!! [end effing rant]
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I think it's time for me to chime in.

I have been on Pennock's for many years; my profile says I've been registered since 2002, but that's just the year I deleted my original Pennock's account just so I could change my username to ITALGT. I've in fact been involved with the forum since it's very inception... but I haven't posted nearly as much compared to other members here. Not even close.

I'm cool with that.

Unless I feel I can somehow contribute, help or provide useful information to the forum, I usually keep my mouth shut. I ask questions from time to time because I'll never be a Fiero "expert"; I'm always learning and growing with the car, and I try to provide help and advice when I can. That, to me, is what this forum is about and why I joined in the first place... enhancing the hobby by interacting with others that have the same passion as mine... GLOBALLY. If I wanted to argue with others about religion, politics, and gun control (which by the way I don't), I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have picked a Fiero forum to do it in.

Just saying.

I've never had patience for the overly dramatic soap operas (and members) that come and go through Pennock's "revolving door." I have watched and currently watch some of you make fools of yourselves on a massively embarrassing scale... daily... on a public forum. I can only imagine what it's like in the Totally O/T section. Honestly, I can't help but wonder what kind of life you have if you spend all of your time disagreeing with those who disagree with you. That's a sad, sad way to live. You have better things to do... this isn't the Matrix. Some of us have better things to do with our time and know our self-worth. Some of us have skin and wear it. Some of us actually have a life and are busy living it behind the words we type.

Forum members? They will come and go, numbers will go up and numbers will go down. But I don't see the passion for this car changing any time soon. That's all that matters to me, and I will promptly show you my middle finger and send you nasssssty PM's if you disagree with me. Come on people... really?

Edited for some clarity... we seem to be needing more of it around here lately.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 03-21-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:
Ok. This is a bunch of crap. I'm getting tired of these I'm taking my ball and going home posts. Look...If there was a reason for posting good info in the first place then why take it down? For a couple of trolls that offend you so much? Are you going to be soooo thin skinned that it will affect you that you would want to punish the greater Fiero Community here???? WTF....This community here is really good for the the most part. Sure you have your azzholes here and there, but its like that in general society. Stop being so effing sheltered and easily offended. I've seen personal attacks in threads in the past and I would call out the offender in those situations. But gee wizz people...the hey you offended me and I'm leaving and deleting everything thing is getting old. Effing grow a pair!!!! [end effing rant]

Hey! It reads as if you're referring to me, but I otherwise agree. I'm just wondering what happened.
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello. My name is Neil and I am an OT-aholic. I've been sober for 3 months now...

I made the mistake of getting hooked on the OT section when I first joined PFF. At first I thought it was a great place to chat with people who all had the same interest as me. I used to think that if I explained my point of view in an intelligent way, with a bit of humour, that people would all nod, smile and agree. I finally smartened-up and realized it was just a mud slinging competition for some of the people there...not all, but definitely some. I even got fed up at one point and created a "Happiness Thread" where the goal was for people so go on every day and say something nice about at least one person on PFF who had helped them in some way. You can imagine how long that thread lasted... Anyway, I now only read the Tech Section, the Construction Zone and the General Fiero Section, and I'm much happier because of it. I enjoy helping people, especially in the Tech Section, and I have no intention of running away anytime soon.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

Ok, I think it's time for me to chime in.

I have been on Pennock's for many years. My profile says I've been registered since 2002; that's just the year I deleted my original Pennock's account just so I could change my username to ITALGT. I've in fact been involved with the forum since it's very inception... but I haven't posted nearly as much compared to other members here. Not even close.

I'm cool with that.

Unless I feel I can somehow contribute, help or provide useful information to the forum, I usually keep my mouth shut. I ask questions from time to time because I'll never be a Fiero "expert"; I'm always learning and growing with the car, and I try to provide help and advice when I can. That, to me, is what this forum is about and why I joined in the first place... enhancing the hobby by interacting with others that have the same passion as mine... GLOBALLY. If I wanted to argue with others about religion, politics, and gun control (which by the way I don't), I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have picked a Fiero forum to do it in.

Just saying.

I've never had patience for the overly dramatic soap operas (and members) that come and go through Pennock's "revolving door." I have watched and currently watch some of you make fools of yourselves on a massively embarrassing scale... daily... on a public forum. I can only imagine what it's like in the Totally O/T section. Honestly, I can't help but wonder what kind of life you have if you spend all of your time disagreeing with those who disagree with you. That's a sad, sad way to live. You have better things to do... this isn't the Matrix. Some of us have better things to do with our time and know our self-worth. Some of us have skin and wear it. Some of us actually have a life and are busy living it behind the words we type.

Forum members? They will come and go, numbers will go up and numbers will go down. But I don't see the passion for this car changing any time soon. That's all that matters to me, and I will promptly show you my middle finger and send you nasssssty PM's if you disagree with me.

Edited for some clarity... we seem to be needing more of it around here lately.

There is this method, but I check several times a day. My Fiero is still in the build stage, so I need parts and advice. Sometimes, things happen before I see them.

Still, if everyone avoids posting, there will be no new material. If there is no new material, why look? Sometimes, the main 3 threads can go a day or more with no posts. Imagine if they went a week, or a month, or a year without changes? People would stop looking. Already, there are threads where there is no response for months. PMs can go unanswered for months, as well. If there are no new posts, there will be no new members, and PFF would quickly die.

I'm not suggesting everyone post indiscriminately, but find something to contribute, somewhere. Personally, my excitement feeds off the excitement of others. If there is no excitement here, I can easily find it somewhere else.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been around as much as I used to be as well. I have been doing a lot of RC car stuff and that's taking up a lot of time. I have 9 at my disposal at this time. Watching a lot of Maury as well. Yes I am the father. I am on once every few days but don't post anything as there is really nothing new going on as before. That's how I just feel about it at this time.

------------------
1992 SVX LS-L
1998 Ford F150 Super Cab V8 4X4
2003 PT Dream Cruser #1801
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is this method, but I check several times a day. My Fiero is still in the build stage, so I need parts and advice. Sometimes, things happen before I see them.

Still, if everyone avoids posting, there will be no new material. If there is no new material, why look? Sometimes, the main 3 threads can go a day or more with no posts. Imagine if they went a week, or a month, or a year without changes? People would stop looking. Already, there are threads where there is no response for months. PMs can go unanswered for months, as well. If there are no new posts, there will be no new members, and PFF would quickly die.

I'm not suggesting everyone post indiscriminately, but find something to contribute, somewhere. Personally, my excitement feeds off the excitement of others. If there is no excitement here, I can easily find it somewhere else.

Well said.

I for one have seen too much of the "that subject has been discussed 1,000 times, use the search feature you dumba$$" replies here on the forum.

That kind of sh!tty attitude tends to turn creative-minded people like me off. Maybe it's time for a little change around here.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 03-19-2015).]

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ITALGT

994 posts
Member since Jan 2002

Originally posted by Neils88:

Hello. My name is Neil and I am an OT-aholic. I've been sober for 3 months now...

I made the mistake of getting hooked on the OT section when I first joined PFF. At first I thought it was a great place to chat with people who all had the same interest as me. I used to think that if I explained my point of view in an intelligent way, with a bit of humour, that people would all nod, smile and agree. I finally smartened-up and realized it was just a mud slinging competition for some of the people there...not all, but definitely some. I even got fed up at one point and created a "Happiness Thread" where the goal was for people so go on every day and say something nice about at least one person on PFF who had helped them in some way. You can imagine how long that thread lasted... Anyway, I now only read the Tech Section, the Construction Zone and the General Fiero Section, and I'm much happier because of it. I enjoy helping people, especially in the Tech Section, and I have no intention of running away anytime soon.

Welcome back from the "Dark" side.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 03-19-2015).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey! It reads as if you're referring to me, but I otherwise agree. I'm just wondering what happened.

Not meant for you. Just a response to the craziness.....
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we are all suffering from cabin fever due to the long cold winter...

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont have an issue with OT. There are nuts, crazies, people who have bad days and good folks just like real life. I dont expect people to agree with me. The various pools of knowledge and experience are interesting.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:
Ok. This is a bunch of crap. I'm getting tired of these I'm taking my ball and going home posts. Look...If there was a reason for posting good info in the first place then why take it down? For a couple of trolls that offend you so much? Are you going to be soooo thin skinned that it will affect you that you would want to punish the greater Fiero Community here???? WTF....This community here is really good for the the most part. Sure you have your azzholes here and there, but its like that in general society. Stop being so effing sheltered and easily offended. I've seen personal attacks in threads in the past and I would call out the offender in those situations. But gee wizz people...the hey you offended me and I'm leaving and deleting everything thing is getting old.

I have to agree in general regardless of who it is.
Egos...who'd a thunk?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by ITALGT:

Maybe it's time for a little change around here.

Hows that saying go? Be the change you want to see.

PFF
System Bot
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Hows that saying go? Be the change you want to see.

Absolutely.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock