Radio power by LornesGT
Started on: 11-02-2014 02:26 PM
Replies: 5 (200 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 11-03-2014 07:22 PM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the 1999 radio at the junk yard and I am wanting to see if it will power up before I buy the adaptor and install it.

I assume the dimmer wire must be powered as well to see the display. Is 12 volts to much to burn out the lights?

So I should power The battery wire, memory wire, dimmer wire? Any other wire?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick response, you'll have to provide a ground.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I firgured out the bulb behind the display is burnt or not powered. I place a flashlight behind it and the display works. The bulb is in a tight space and the hex head screws are crazy small.
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the answer ........ //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089227.html ... bulbs are available from Rockauto, sometimes the contacts only need cleaning

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 11-03-2014).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2014 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

I firgured out the bulb behind the display is burnt or not powered.

I bought the same style radio from the wreckers a couple of months ago. I was disappointed when I powered it up that the display was dead, even though the radio worked fine. I was relieved to discover online that the repair is relatively easy.

Originally posted by Fiero Tom:

Here's the answer ........ Monsoon radio lcd stop working? Here is how to fix it! ... bulbs are available from Rockauto, sometimes the contacts only need cleaning

That's a helpful link. After looking over that thread I posted a question about the bulb which is relevant to this discussion.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-03-2014).]

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should have waited for a couple of more replies or search for monsoon since I new that was the same design. I spent 15 for the bulb and fixture here. I guess my total for the radio is 26 plus adaptor so still not to bad and it all works.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301...352214062%26_rdc%3D1

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 11-03-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock