Custom interiors ?? Show me what you got by Vesquar
Started on: 10-30-2014 10:47 AM
Replies: 32 (1984 views)
Last post by: seajai on 11-09-2014 10:37 PM
Vesquar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I have most the body picked out but I want to do a sort of up to date interior. I have scoured the web and can't find anything I'm a fan of, so show me what ya got I need ideas !!

Thanks ~Austin
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also am looking to do a custom interior, and have a long way to go. I am working to build a touchscreen into the center console, and haven't started as of yet.

I did however get the speaker door panels from the Fiero Store, and had them covered. They make a big difference compared to the original carpeted lower and plastic upper

Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh that looks nice, I am currently working on a simplistic language for my LCD gauge cluster. I'm wanting to go away from 80's interior for the most part. I do want to keep the separate door panel like you have though.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Austin,

Here is my interior:

In my opinion there is one interior that is hands above the rest and you too can place it in your Fiero! It's the G1 from Rob Amida.

The G1 is a Gallardo inspired interior and here is the link to his tread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000091-53.html

Just PM him if you are interested in one.
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that is nice and kinda what I'm going for, how long did the install take you ?? Do I have a lot of fab work to do once I receive it ?? Also can I choose different colors ??

Thanks ~Austin
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reply sent

Thanks ~Austin
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is mine. Still need to build door panels and a center console yet though.

Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@seajai What did that interior come out of ??

Thanks ~Austin
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have this interior on one of my cars (Amida F355 interior with VDO instrumentation) and really like it.

Nelson
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vesquar:

@seajai What did that interior come out of ??

Thanks ~Austin

The dash is out of a 1992 Toyota Camry. You can see the install details in my build thread here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000139-7.html

The shifter is from a 1989 Olds Toronado.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

This is mine. Still need to build door panels and a center console yet though.

Did you have that dash upholstered or did it come in that color?
That matches the dark Gray very well.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 10-30-2014).]

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the factory Toyota color. It's a couple shades darker than the door panels but close. I may re-cover it this winter.
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@txopie, I was in a hurry yesterday but when I tried to call it would go through. @hnthomps that interior is beautiful. I would like that interior except for the fact that the base price is 2k, the craftsmanship is amazing and probably worth it but I would personally fiberglass my own before I spent that on it :P
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I second the G1...

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vesquar:

@txopie, I was in a hurry yesterday but when I tried to call it would go through. @hnthomps that interior is beautiful. I would like that interior except for the fact that the base price is 2k, the craftsmanship is amazing and probably worth it but I would personally fiberglass my own before I spent that on it :P

I wish that the base price was only $2000 and if it was I would buy a couple more. I have a good portion of the quoted price just in the new VDO instrumentation, wiring harness, and alternator modifications to get an rpm signal. That being said, I really like this interior and do not regret going this route with the Amida interior.

Nelson
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well hues it's down to the parts store for my own fiberglass kit
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Austin,

Here is my interior:

In my opinion there is one interior that is hands above the rest and you too can place it in your Fiero! It's the G1 from Rob Amida.

Absolutely love that interior! I sent Amida a P.M. and he gave me some details regarding price. I would love to do this to my car, but it seems like a lot of work. How long did it take you? And did you have any previous experience doing interiors?
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aston Martin inspiration...
Now am making the door panels, in two weeks I believe I will finish with the drivers side.

------------------
My Build thread

Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@chris that one is real nice. I like the wood it's simple but clean
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much effort do you want to put into it? It is a fair amount of work and a large time suck.

PFF
System Bot
Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well time and effort are no issue, and i actually just threw out the old seats that were town and put grand am seats like you got tin that i had sitting behind the shop
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

How much effort do you want to put into it? It is a fair amount of work and a large time suck.

Where did you get this interior?
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

looks like the F body interior (camaro / firebird)
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE, that dash is nice, but I really like Mickey Moose's. I looked at doing the Firebird dash, but there was already too much to do...and I don't think I could complete it between May and September,
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not really all that customized. More function than style ; mostly stock with a few custom features.
BTW: the bullet gauges are: Boost, Exhaust temp, Oil pressure , Volts; the toggle switches are, Rad fan relay bypass, Inter-cooler fan, Error codes. To retain my idiot lights and provide backup gauges, I kept the stock aux gauge panel and located it under the passenger side of the dash. It's not all that noticeable when viewed from sitting or standing.

------------------
http://i16.photobucket.com/...ancis44/100_1147.jpg
[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/francis4
4/000_0451-1.jpg[/IMG]
trueleo.com

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 11-07-2014).]

Vesquar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VesquarSend a Private Message to VesquarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@Francis, I like it because it definitely looks purpose built
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Firebird (dash, console, seats, gauges - years varied) - the door panels are a hybrid of the Fiero panels using modified Firebird parts and custom parts made to resemble the Firebird look.

Dash and console took about 2 months to install based on a couple of hours ever other night or so - had some issues unique to the car getting the gauges to work, but this was due to the 4.9l installed. Door panels took me longer, but to be fair it was the first time I attempted anything like that and I changed the look a couple of times plus mods to the doors to allow 6.5" flush mount speakers to be installed. Then probably another month to figure out how to get the HVAC controls to merge with the Fiero system.

I also did have the Firebird steering wheel installed at 1 point (with the radio controls) but I have Orangutang like arms and it felt too close for my liking (the way the wheel is designed it sits closer to you than the Fiero wheel).

The plus side is all this has since been well documented (although post massively spaced out) that anyone following afterwards it would be a bit easier (see the "designing a new dash" thread). //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000119.html

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 11-08-2014).]

mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good looking stuff, all.

Sure like the overall appearance of the Amida, but the two major gages look oddly positioned and could be difficult to view at their extremes. They should be more centrally located in the gage pod.

I really like the 92 Camry dash, but again the gages don't do it for me. The cluster is pretty vanilla looking, but looks easy to read. The stereo looks to be low in the panel too. I wouldn't want to fight a CD around the shifter. Surprisingly nice looking overall.

Those two make the cabin look a little less constricted than the stock cabin does.

[This message has been edited by mental floss (edited 11-08-2014).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mental floss:

Good looking stuff, all.

Sure like the overall appearance of the Amida, but the two major gages look oddly positioned and could be difficult to view at their extremes. They should be more centrally located in the gage pod.

I really like the 92 Camry dash, but again the gages don't do it for me. The cluster is pretty vanilla looking, but looks easy to read. The stereo looks to be low in the panel too. I wouldn't want to fight a CD around the shifter. Surprisingly nice looking overall.

Those two make the cabin look a little less constricted than the stock cabin does.

I can tell you that having a different dash gives the car a whole new feel, not sure if they actually give any more room - well that would have to be determined - but it does make it look/seem like it. I would tend to think that it is just the way we perceive it.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

Firebird (dash, console, seats, gauges - years varied) - the door panels are a hybrid of the Fiero panels using modified Firebird parts and custom parts made to resemble the Firebird look.

Dash and console took about 2 months to install based on a couple of hours ever other night or so - had some issues unique to the car getting the gauges to work, but this was due to the 4.9l installed. Door panels took me longer, but to be fair it was the first time I attempted anything like that and I changed the look a couple of times plus mods to the doors to allow 6.5" flush mount speakers to be installed. Then probably another month to figure out how to get the HVAC controls to merge with the Fiero system.

I also did have the Firebird steering wheel installed at 1 point (with the radio controls) but I have Orangutang like arms and it felt too close for my liking (the way the wheel is designed it sits closer to you than the Fiero wheel).

The plus side is all this has since been well documented (although post massively spaced out) that anyone following afterwards it would be a bit easier (see the "designing a new dash" thread). //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000119.html

I've had the firebird interior since 2002...

It's starting to feel a little dated to me... I would like to get something from the 2010's what's out there??
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lotus Evora

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock