Can't see topics past 30 days by ChuckLS1
Started on: 10-25-2014 07:47 PM
Replies: 18 (370 views)
Last post by: mrfred8 on 01-02-2015 09:02 PM
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For some reason I can't see any topics past 30 days. When trying to set my preferences to see all topics it goes back to 30 days. It does it on my computer and on my iPad.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP
2009 Mustang GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RTingey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTingeySend a Private Message to RTingeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not really positive on this but if there is no activity in a month it may be archived. Don't quote me on that. Your best bet is to use the search feature.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have the same issue running both IE or Chrome (if it makes any difference).
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36401 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by RTingey:

I'm not really positive on this but if there is no activity in a month it may be archived. Don't quote me on that. Your best bet is to use the search feature.

No... just no.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RTingey:

That's not it. If you look up in the right hand corner on the topic title page where you scroll through threads to see which thread you want to click on, you will see a white drop down box that says something to the effect of "Show topics for the last 30 days". You should be able to click the drop down and change it to last 5 days, 45 days, 60 days, 1 year and so on. However, if you change it to any other setting than 30 days, when it reloads the page it comes back up on the 30 days. It appears to be broke. I'm going to try it in some other sections of the forum that I have used it in before and see if it works there.

Edit: Yup, same in other sections of the forum also. Maybe send Cliff a PM and see if he is aware of it not working?

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 10-25-2014).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
download firefox.
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still having this problem.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-30-2014 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess nobody PMed Cliff about the issue? Or they did and no response or fix?

There is a "DaysPrune" argument in the URL, and even changing it to 2000000 doesn't give me more than 4 pages of threads from the last 30-32 days.
Lancer-AM

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lancer-AMSend a Private Message to Lancer-AMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent an email to the admin email but heard nothing.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I encountered that phenomenononononon just this morning myself, with Firefox.
Didn't think it was important enough to whine like a girlie-man.

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Click on the rectangular, blue-and-white "Search" button that has been, and still is, near the upper right of your computer screen.

Then, and I know this seems counterintuitive, but at the time of this post, COMPLETELY IGNORE the white, rectangular box below the "Search" button that says, "Show Topics From Past 30 Days".

Then, type in what you're searching for.

For example, I tried "project34", my user name, and found several threads and replies to those threads, which are far more dated than that implied by the phrase below the "Search" button that says, in a white rectangular box, "Show Topics From Past 30 Days".

Again, at the time of this post, and despite how counterintuitive it sounds, COMPLETELY IGNORE the white, rectangular box below the "Search" button that says, "Show Topics From Past 30 Days".
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

Click on the rectangular, blue-and-white "Search" button that has been, and still is, near the upper right of your computer screen.

Then, and I know this seems counterintuitive, but at the time of this post, COMPLETELY IGNORE the white, rectangular box below the "Search" button that says, "Show Topics From Past 30 Days".

Then, type in what you're searching for.

For example, I tried "project34", my user name, and found several threads and replies to those threads, which are far more dated than that implied by the phrase below the "Search" button that says, in a white rectangular box, "Show Topics From Past 30 Days".

Again, at the time of this post, and despite how counterintuitive it sounds, COMPLETELY IGNORE the white, rectangular box below the "Search" button that says, "Show Topics From Past 30 Days".

Search, and the topics to be shown in the standard forum list, are completely unrelated features.

Saying "COMPLTELY IGNORE THIS BROKEN FEATURE" doesn't solve the problem the OP is having, or make the feature magically work. Searching doesn't help either. The feature is about browsing (I want to see all the threads from the last 60 days), while searching is to find something specific.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Search, and the topics to be shown in the standard forum list, are completely unrelated features.

Exactly.

Originally posted by Patrick in This thread:

The search function can take you back to posts/threads dating from 1999, but yeah, there appears to be glitch in how far back the forum itself will present the topics.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Odd. I'll have a look at it.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11609 posts
Member since Jan 99

Originally posted by Lancer-AM:

I sent an email to the admin email but heard nothing.

Never received that email.
Lancer-AM

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lancer-AMSend a Private Message to Lancer-AMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Cliff, I'm still new to the Fiero so being able to browse older posts is very important for me as I may not even know what I am searching for. There are years and years of information here and for those that say "Just search" that really limits what I can do with my Fiero to only my imagination. I may stumble across a post and say "Oh man I didnt know you could do that!" or "That's how you fix that!"
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Odd. I'll have a look at it.

I first noticed it at least a few months ago. I agree with other people, having the older stuff around is great. When I first got into Fiero's, I started at the oldest topic and worked my way forward .
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, it should be working again now.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Ok, it should be working again now.

Looks good to me. Thanks!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock