Started on: 10-16-2014 06:07 AM
Replies: 16 (939 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 10-24-2014 09:16 PM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331...e=ADME:SS:SS:US:1120

Looks very rebuild-able. Real 88 Mera

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I looked at that. Not sure what that red cap in the front is for. Certainly some camber issues, and thr RF suspension is messed up. What's with the dash/instrument cluster and center console? Doors, too.

It needs storage I can't give it. Sad, though. It's my color.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 10-16-2014).]

ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not too far from me. salvage title. keep your receipts for the replacement parts you buy for it.
most states need that documentation if you dont have a shop rebuild it for you
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ouch!

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the car was all original I can see it being worth what he is asking. I don't like the fact that he messed with the interior. Some might enjoy the fact that it is wrapped in a leather, and looks the part of a Ferrari. For me, I see it as a waste.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think that the interior would be easy to return to its original state. And that dash would sell pretty quickly as well!
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I would think that the interior would be easy to return to its original state. And that dash would sell pretty quickly as well!

Depends on what they had to cut up to install the knock off interior. All the gauges have been replaced, Odds are the wiring is far from original anymore.You would need to get another stock harness. It would make a nice parts car for someone wanting to rebuild it on a good chassis with a correct interior.
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And how would you replace panels for a car like that? Wouldn't they be made of unobtainium?
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good fiberglass guys can make that look brandy spankin' new!
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mental floss:

And how would you replace panels for a car like that? Wouldn't they be made of unobtainium?

Re-mera panels might work.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Re-mera panels might work.

They would!

If he was asking less, I considered grabbing it and fix it myself, but not at that price at this time...too many other projects at the moment!

PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The interior looks like a poor copy of a F355 and certainly would lower its value to me. If it was an Amida interior I would buy the car for the interior and parts alone but could restore it with some effort. However, I would not be likely to pat $4600 or more plus shipping for this vehicle. I do have spare Vitaloni power mirrors available so at least that problem is easily solvable. I also have a spare interior, Mera lettering, and nose badge that could be used to return this vehicle to more or less stock.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 10-17-2014).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

EVMrob is already reproducing pretty much mera parts... ive gotten quite a few from him on my mera project.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Depends on what they had to cut up to install the knock off interior. All the gauges have been replaced, Odds are the wiring is far from original anymore.You would need to get another stock harness. It would make a nice parts car for someone wanting to rebuild it on a good chassis with a correct interior.

You could rip out the interior and reinstall a stock one, including harnesses in a weekend. That is the least of your problems. If you can find reproduction Mera parts then that will be the challenge.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

EVMrob is already reproducing pretty much mera parts... ive gotten quite a few from him on my mera project.

Parts listed here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/062625.html

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-27-2014).]

Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be a great project car. Unfortunately, I don't believe we are allowed to bring salvage cars into Canada from the US, even with minimal damage. As soon as it is labeled salvage, it can't cross the border.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks as if it sold for about $4700 with only a few bidders. Most of the bidders had little/any eBay experience according to the number of ratings. I still think that was too much for a car as damaged as than one was on the surface and who knows what it was like wrt frame/component damage. I wish the new owner good luck in the restoration and would like to see the final result.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock