Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  OEM reproduction floor mats project (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
OEM reproduction floor mats project by Rodney
Started on: 09-20-2014 02:07 PM
Replies: 54 (2907 views)
Last post by: Mike Morris on 06-08-2018 12:03 AM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not worked on this lately. I should. This is a big project if I do it.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure that when you produce them they will be very good quality. I have not been disappointed with anything I purchased from you.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

I should.

Yes please .

WhiteFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteFormulaSend a Private Message to WhiteFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Having said that, there are some people out there who do care about that, and I think this is probably the group that Rodney is shooting for. Original looking, and not worn, floor mats can make the difference between winning or not winning a competition.

More power to him. Everything he does is "top shelf". I'm sure these will not disappoint, if he can make it happen.

While I'm going for "nice daily driver" level, I'd be VERY interested in getting some of these. It's one of the last things I need to bring the interior back to new/original.

[This message has been edited by WhiteFormula (edited 04-19-2015).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteFormula:

While I'm going for "nice daily driver" level, I'd be VERY interested in getting some of these. It's one of the last things I need to bring the interior back to new/original.

I'm not one of those "everything original" guys in general but I agree.

If a person just wants floor mats there are thousands of brands out there at the big box store you just buy them. But if you want Fiero OEM style mats then you want them to look as close to OEM as possible. I'm asking for red mats like the Indy had. I know this is a sub-niche product probably not worth it, but is the color is the only difference then maybe he can squeeze it in?
FieroCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCatSend a Private Message to FieroCatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The best reason to replicate the original style, in my opinion, is because it is so hard to find mats that match the unique fiero carpet. I really like the loop pattern. Most aftermarket floor mats are a different shade of gray, are cut pile and just don't look right at all. It's hard to find a set that comes close to matching the carpet color. A seamless original look, even if it is on the floor (which is more visible in fieros than many cars) goes a long way. The original style completes the interior very well. It also will do a great job of covering up the unsightly age-related wear and tear that the driver's side carpeting has. I will definitely buy a set of these.

------------------
My Fiero: 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, V6, 4-speed manual

[This message has been edited by FieroCat (edited 04-29-2015).]

jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted a spare tan set up until last month when I bought my 2nd 88 gt and found out it has perfect floor mats and.......in the trunk an unopened box that contained....a brand new set of unopened original floor mats. I am good for another 27 years for both cars. But if someone can figure this out by then, I will probably want to buy 2 sets. On a side note, the trunk was full of a lot of other goodies as well as the spare mats.
WhiteFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteFormulaSend a Private Message to WhiteFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Obviously, I'm one of the people who don't mind too much if something doesn't look "stock and original", as long as it's "nice", or even upgraded.

Having said that, there are some people out there who do care about that, and I think this is probably the group that Rodney is shooting for. Original looking, and not worn, floor mats can make the difference between winning or not winning a competition.

More power to him. Everything he does is "top shelf". I'm sure these will not disappoint, if he can make it happen.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroCat:

The best reason to replicate the original style, in my opinion, is because it is so hard to find mats that match the unique fiero carpet. I really like the loop pattern. Most aftermarket floor mats are a different shade of gray, are cut pile and just don't look right at all. It's hard to find a set that comes close to matching the carpet color.

"Tuxedo" loop that looks very close has been around for a while.
http://www.factoryoemparts.com/pages/tuxedo/

But nobody made MOULDED replacement carpets for the Fiero with this.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2018 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updated Rodney on this??

Keep up the great work.

Thanks,

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

PFF
System Bot
George P Wood

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2018 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for George P WoodSend a Private Message to George P WoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been holding off on buying new ones.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2018 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Any updated Rodney on this??

Rodney hasn't posted in this thread since February 2015. Doesn't look too promising.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2018 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Rodney hasn't posted in this thread since February 2015. Doesn't look too promising.

I think Rodney has pretty much decided to move to FB and his website. Think he got tired of the trolls.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-06-2018).]

Mike Morris

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2018 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MorrisSend a Private Message to Mike MorrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope he does them
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock