Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  WOW!! Pontiac Feroce, anyone?? for sale GR Auto Gallery GrandRapids MI (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
WOW!! Pontiac Feroce, anyone?? for sale GR Auto Gallery GrandRapids MI by batousai666
Started on: 08-25-2014 04:26 PM
Replies: 43 (2046 views)
Last post by: Dwild1 on 03-20-2023 10:35 AM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
REALLY??!!

i'd pay that if it had a No Mile 3800 SC!!! I love that color! threaten to paint my Mera X that stunning shade
and they half hearted the Mera story back in 2011. *scoff*
http://www.grautogallery.co.../2003-Pontiac-Feroce
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This may sound silly, but I'm wondering how can there be that much rust on the fuel tank and next to none anywhere else on the underside?

I'm from the great white north so the ones I see are either rusted pretty much everywhere on the underside or no rust at all because the owner has redone the floor/cradle/fuel tank etc.

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

88FieroGT TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
note some black overspray on the tank near the top and middle---I think he repainted the underside
really nice vehicle otherwise....

------------------
Pat Jones

Metalflake

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetalflakeSend a Private Message to MetalflakeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ben, any chance your 88GT is red? Saw a red 88GT in Châteauguay a couple weeks ago, wonder if it might have been you...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is one ugly rebody style.....eeewwwwww!
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BabyEating Dingo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the body style, not my favorite but it's not terrible...

That being said, all that time and money, and they left the factory rotors + calipers? Seriously??
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm wondering, isn't the visibility impeded with the height of these fenders?

The way the fenders are designed, it makes the front-end look like an exaggerated first generation Tiburon:

I think it would look even better if the headlights were changed to more modern projectors. Would make it look even more 'Feroce'

[This message has been edited by benoitmalenfant (edited 08-26-2014).]

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FEROCE? Didn't realize he named it http://www.edwardlstephens.com/feroce.htm

Psst... it's a Fino http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/Kit0.htm

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 08-26-2014).]

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Psst... it's a Fino http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/Kit0.htm

It states that it started as a Fino in the description:

This started with a 1985 Pontiac Fiero, a Fino kit, and retired GM mechanic from the Experimental Engineering division. The owner came up with the “Feroce” name after the Italian meaning for savage or ferocious.

[This message has been edited by benoitmalenfant (edited 08-26-2014).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by benoitmalenfant:

This may sound silly, but I'm wondering how can there be that much rust on the fuel tank and next to none anywhere else on the underside?

Originally posted by 88FieroGT TTops:

note some black overspray on the tank near the top and middle---I think he repainted the underside
really nice vehicle otherwise....

Makes me wonder why the underside of the tank couldn't have been painted as well while they were at it.

Plus I notice that the black "pads" are located improperly under the tank. That's not where those pads go. Little things like that make me suspicious about how carefully (or not) other things might've been done that aren't as easily seen. Not that I'd be interested in this car. Don't like the style at all.

PFF
System Bot
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Plus I notice that the black "pads" are located improperly under the tank. That's not where those pads go. Little things like that make me suspicious about how carefully (or not) other things might've been done that aren't as easily seen. Not that I'd be interested in this car. Don't like the style at all.

Good eye! hadn't noticed it.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good eye! hadn't noticed it.

I've dropped a tank within the last month (the 4th one I've done in a Fiero), so that just jumped out at me.
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And to your point, if you're going to go through the trouble of spraying the underside, why not spend a few more bucks to have the tank redone?
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

REALLY??!!

i'd pay that if it had a No Mile 3800 SC!!! I love that color! threaten to paint my Mera X that stunning shade
and they half hearted the Mera story back in 2011. *scoff*
http://www.grautogallery.co.../2003-Pontiac-Feroce

Yes I agree, the 3800 Series II SC is the best choice.

------------------
Fino
www.pontiacferoce.com

Member National Kit Car Club www.kitcarclub.com
Lifetime Member CFOGi (Lot of good that does me)

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you mind enlightening us on why the underside is clean of rust but the fuel tank isn't ?
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What ever they want to call it Feroce or Fino I think it one of the ugliest front and rear ends I've seen. It looks like a Beluga whale from the front fat and dumpy.

Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you mind enlightening us on why the underside is clean of rust but the fuel tank isn't ?

I drive the car in the summer.
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fino

812 posts
Member since Jan 2002
I like the headlights in the blue car a lot.

I'm wondering, isn't the visibility impeded with the height of these fenders?

The way the fenders are designed, it makes the front-end look like an exaggerated first generation Tiburon:

I think it would look even better if the headlights were changed to more modern projectors. Would make it look even more 'Feroce'

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fino:
I drive the car in the summer.

Has the underside been repainted? There seem to be some overspray spot on the fuel tank like another member suggested? That is why we were wondering why repainting the underside but not the tank?

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

benoitmalenfant

288 posts
Member since Sep 2011

I like the Fino kit myself, you have a very nice car going on there, the only thing I would change would be the headlights to something in the likes of the Norm's Fiberglass front clip (looks like C6 Corvette headlights as a matter of fact)
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It states that it started as a Fino in the description:

I know that. Yet I was trying to figure out why people are acting like they've never seen a Fino before? Or even THIS Fino?

I remember seeing Ed's car in person at the 20th (11 years ago now), and if I recall correctly it was even in an issue of "Kit Car" magazine shortly after. Definitely one of the better-built Finale/Fino cars I've seen in person.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know that. Yet I was trying to figure out why people are acting like they've never seen a Fino before? Or even THIS Fino?

I remember seeing Ed's car in person at the 20th (11 years ago now), and if I recall correctly it was even in an issue of "Kit Car" magazine shortly after.

Not everybody knows about the Archie kits I guess and not everybody attends Fiero shows in the midwest or even had Fieros 10 years ago so they might not have had the chance to see it in person. I think some of the posters in this thread probably would have refrained from making blunt comments about their dislike of the kit if they had known the owner was around

Definitely one of the better-built Finale/Fino cars I've seen in person.

Can't disagree with you. I'm wondering how the visibility is 3/4 front with those fenders though?

[This message has been edited by benoitmalenfant (edited 08-27-2014).]

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

That is one ugly rebody style.....eeewwwwww!

Know body sees the resemblance to the whale? I just don't get it, why do this to a Fiero?
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MinngreenGT
Thank you for your complement. I did build this car 12 years ago. Back then the only engine options were V8 or Firebird 3.4 rebuilt. Now I would have a 3800 SC but can't afford to do that this late in the game. My engine compartment is completely enclosed with special made panels that were painted to match the car. Also I have always hated the headlights but the only way to change them now is with body work and that means since I have ghost flames over the hood that go down both fenders and doors, a Complete new paint job at a cost of around $20,000.00. As for the gas tank, who gives a crap there is only 3 1/2" clearance under the car get over it :-). Yes the bottom of the car was rattle can paint years ago. In 2002 I sat down in a Fino at Archies before I bought my kit. When I first looked out the front window over the fenders it reminded me of my Corvette. At 69 years old now I am just tired of working on it but hate to sell it.

I remember seeing Ed's car in person at the 20th (11 years ago now), and if I recall correctly it was even in an issue of "Kit Car" magazine shortly after. Definitely one of the better-built Finale/Fino cars I've seen in person.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Imnuts:

Know body sees the resemblance to the whale? I just don't get it, why do this to a Fiero?

While I am not a fan of the styling, I have seen this car in person and it is a very nicely done automobile. It is put together with a great attention to detail and finish.

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Imnuts:

Let it go man, you don't like it and that's ok but why keep dissin' the car when a member is trying to sell it and obviously has a lot of time and effort invested in it?

Other people actually like this kit (myself included), what can I say, I find belugas whales kinda cute

[This message has been edited by benoitmalenfant (edited 08-27-2014).]

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

benoitmalenfant

288 posts
Member since Sep 2011

Also I have always hated the headlights but the only way to change them now is with body work and that means since I have ghost flames over the hood that go down both fenders and doors, a Complete new paint job at a cost of around $20,000.00.

Too bad we can barely make that out by looking at the pictures.

As for the gas tank, who gives a crap there is only 3 1/2" clearance under the car get over it :-). Yes the bottom of the car was rattle can paint years ago.

Agreed that it's hidden, we were just trying to get information because, as another member mentioned, without knowing about the build it could make buyers think that other hidden areas have been overlooked, that's all.
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just remembered the Pontiac Dealer removed the tank to replace the seal that was leaking. I never even looked at it.

Keep the Fiero alive. Keep the new ideas rolling in they look great. If you are looking for new ideas just keep coming back to Pennocks.

Agreed that it's hidden, we were just trying to get information because, as another member mentioned, without knowing about the build it could make buyers think that other hidden areas have been overlooked, that's all.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just remembered the Pontiac Dealer removed the tank to replace the seal that was leaking. I never even looked at it.

Interesting. Can't trust anyone!

Originally posted by Patrick:

I notice that the black "pads" are located improperly under the tank. That's not where those pads go.

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's got that "overdone" look of so many one-offs. It's not terrible but it doesn't look integrated.
PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ed,
I couldn't agree with you more!

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 08-31-2014).]

Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it didn't work with www.GRautogallery.com. They are a consignment sales and told me they can put my car on 16 websites for sale and many more. So I thought they could give me the exposure I need to sell my car. It took them a little over a week to take photos of the car and get it on the websites. Well I just don't trust people so I did a search for my car and could not find it anywhere. They told me it is listed under "2003 Pontiac Feroce" and I asked them how people are going to find the car and he told me just type the name in and they can find it. I said if they know what they are looking for they could have already bought it from me, I own www.pontiacferoce.com.
He told me he would relist it under a different method. The bottom line is I called him and left messages, sent emails many times over a months’ time and he never got back to me. Finally I got in touch with his boss and he called me and told me he would take care of everything. Time went on and my car was listed on only 3 of the 16 websites I was told it would be on (all of his other cars are listed on the websites except mine). I called again and left a message also sent email. After a week of waiting for him to call I just got in my car and went to their store. He asked me what I needed and I said I was here to pickup my car. He said why in front of his boss and receptionist and I told him you never returns my calls or emails. The only way I can talk to you is to drive 60 miles one way and that only happens once. He said what emails and calls? I said a week ago. He said you have to give us time to get the car and I said that was in the message and email I sent you.
We went through the main showroom and out back to a different storage area with a few cars and there was my car (Put out to pasture, I did make the right decision in not leaving it there for 6 month). I am quite sure if I were to have called first the car would be in the main showroom. That just answered all my questions. Better luck next time

[This message has been edited by Fino (edited 09-20-2014).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well it didn't work with www.GRautogallery.com. They are a consignment sales and told me they can put my car on 16 websites for sale and many more. So I thought they could give me the exposure I need to sell my car. It took them a little over a week to take photos of the car and get it on the websites. Well I just don't trust people so I did a search for my car and could not find it anywhere. They told me it is listed under "2003 Pontiac Feroce" and I asked them how people are going to find the car and he told me just type the name in and they can find it. I said if they know what they are looking for they could have already bought it from me, I own www.pontiacferoce.com.
He told me he would relist it under a different method. The bottom line is I called him and left messages, sent emails many times over a months’ time and he never got back to me. Finally I got in touch with his boss and he called me and told me he would take care of everything. Time went on and my car was listed on only 3 of the 16 websites I was told it would be on (all of his other cars are listed on the websites except mine). I called again and left a message also sent email. After a week of waiting for him to call I just got in my car and went to their store. He asked me what I needed and I said I was here to pickup my car. He said why in front of his boss and receptionist and I told him you never returns my calls or emails. The only way I can talk to you is to drive 60 miles one way and that only happens once. He said what emails and calls? I said a week ago. He said you have to give us time to get the car and I said that was in the message and email I sent you.
We went through the main showroom and out back to a different storage area with a few cars and there was my car (Put out to pasture, I did make the right decision in not leaving it there for 6 month). I am quite sure if I were to have called first the car would be in the main showroom. That just answered all my questions. Better luck next time

Good luck with your sale, glad you got the car back out of a bad situation. maybe you should try listing it on craigslist in different areas and maybe even ebay motors. I am sure there are plenty off people who will like the car.
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BYW, I like my headlights just the way they are. I would just like better quality.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BYW, I like my headlights just the way they are. I would just like better quality.
I think their are better quality replacements available now.

Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatever your thoughts are on the styling -especially the high fenders-, you have to give him credit for the workmanship. Shame to put so much effort into the car and leave it with a stock engine; all looks, with no go.

------------------
http://i16.photobucket.com/...ancis44/100_1147.jpg
[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/francis4
4/000_0451-1.jpg[/IMG]
trueleo.com

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 09-21-2014).]

Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

Whatever your thoughts are on the styling -especially the high fenders-, you have to give him credit for the workmanship. Shame to put so much effort into the car and leave it with a stock engine; all looks, with no go.

I feel the same way about all show and no go. I have never built a show car that does not have engine work and also extreme detail put in to the engine compartment. The only way I will have a show car is take it to the drag strip and street drive it.

The engine was replaced in 2003 with a 1995 Pontiac Firebird V6 3.4L. Built by G&G Machine Shop Inc. 1580 East Grove Ave. Unit #2 Rantoul, IL 61866.
Includes High compression pistons, 3.8 L Valves ground to three angle, mild camshaft and larger injectors and 1995 computer. I did not want to turbocharge it for two reasons one heat and the other a way to control fuel under pressure.

The exhaust system had to be custom made so I had Jiffy Muffler in Saint Johns build it with a Catalytic Converter and muffler to pass emissions. The engine compartment is customized to to be uncluttered to show off the engine.

​I ran the car up at Mid Michigan Motorplex and it ran the 1/4 mile in 14.7 seconds.
Hope you will respect it more knowing this.

Have a great day.
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fino

812 posts
Member since Jan 2002

Originally posted by Francis T:

Do you have photos of your car? I would like to see it please. The car you show is a 1991 Toyota MR2
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2022 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New headlights.

I cannot up load a photo. It has been a while since I was on.

[This message has been edited by Fino (edited 01-29-2022).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock