IMSA GET-TOGETHER by mrfred8
Started on: 08-25-2014 09:31 AM
Replies: 78 (2153 views)
Last post by: Chris Hodson on 07-13-2015 04:18 PM
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

IMSA GET-TOGETHER
IMSA GET-TOGETHER
IMSA GET-TOGETHER
IMSA GET-TOGETHER
IMSA GET-TOGETHER
IMSA GET-TOGETHER
When?
When?
When?
When?

So how about it, when are we going meet? It would be very cool to get a bunch of IMSA inspired Fieros together. Original Race Cars, DGP Kits, IRM Kits, Fierowarehouse kits, tube frame builds, what ever you have that is IMSA inspired.

I propose Fierorama 2015 in St Charles IL. That way there will plenty of Fiero Enthusiasts around to enjoy these wonderful cars. I have talked to the NIFE powers that be and they would be up for having a special class for us. It will also be the 20th Annual Fierorama, so lots of special stuff will be going on. If we can get enough of us, I can probably get some special t-shirts made.

Fierorama Weekend 2015 will be September 11-13 2015 with the actual show on the 13th.

So where are all the IMSA's at? Does this sound like a good idea?

Here is mine, I am in Yorkville IL:

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 02-03-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine don't run
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Mine don't run

That's why we are giving you a year to get ready .
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I will pencil it in!
man what a long drive that will be!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I will pencil it in!
man what a long drive that will be!

Get a Fiero caravan together to come up for Fierorama 20. Anyone who makes it up from Texas can have dinner on me.

VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mine don't run

We know...................

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in! If I have it done by then.........
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Fred
Steak and Lobster on you??
I'm There

I will campain my fellow Texas IMSA's for the trip there.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

I'm in! If I have it done by then.........

Its you and PK to see wo gets done 1st!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

No offense PK - put your money on me.......

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No offense PK - put your money on me.......

Yeah, I am not sure anyone would put money on PK, probably get some good odds though.

PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a plan. Count me in.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow Fred
Steak and Lobster on you??
I'm There

I will campain my fellow Texas IMSA's for the trip there.

Only if you want some fine Lake Michigan Lobster, otherwise it will be some good Chicago Pizza.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in as long as my car is running and I'm in country.

Will be cool to see so many DGP/IRM/IMSA bodied cars in one location.

------------------
84 Fiero SE, Custom Hybrid (Updated to 88 wiring throughout, t-tops, V6, 5spd, Fastback, IMSA style whale tail/decklid with vents, T/A fender vents, Aus Scoops, Extractor Hood, Formula bumpers, Held coil-overs, Mr. Mikes Seats, Hidden Antenna, Low-profile headlights, Custom Pearl Blue Paint, 17" ADR Sokudo wheels)
84 Fiero IRM/IMSA Widebody (Jim Sutter's last IRM built Fastback)
84 Fiero DGP/IMSA Widebody (Resurection on hold again...will it ever be finished? Probably not, at this pace )

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey PK, whats wrong with yours? im about to rent out a garage to do my engine swap, not too far from you... j.s.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

I'm in as long as my car is running and I'm in country.

Will be cool to see so many DGP/IRM/IMSA bodied cars in one location.

Oh your car WILL be running and you WILL be in the country!!! Your my wingman all the way there!!! I will even go slow so you can keep up

PK what ever happened to the 3800 swap??? that should have been completed long ago, is something going wrong with it?? How long now?? 2 years ?
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PK what ever happened to the 3800 swap??? that should have been completed long ago, is something going wrong with it?? How long now?? 2 years ?

The Navy keeps him busy!

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something to think about; Bob Birchmeier, former founder and owner of DGP lives in Florida and is active in the car community down there. Maybe an IMSA get together would be enhanced if we could get the cars together with Bob. It would be a welcome addition to the Daytona show in the spring. We know how to contact Bob to see if this is something he might be interested in. Getting together with Bob at a larger Fiero event could be incentive to all of us to commit to going. I would need to figure out how to transport two DGP Fieros down.

My .04 input.

Fred
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Something to think about; Bob Birchmeier, former founder and owner of DGP lives in Florida and is active in the car community down there. Maybe an IMSA get together would be enhanced if we could get the cars together with Bob. It would be a welcome addition to the Daytona show in the spring. We know how to contact Bob to see if this is something he might be interested in. Getting together with Bob at a larger Fiero event could be incentive to all of us to commit to going. I would need to figure out how to transport two DGP Fieros down.

My .04 input.

Fred

I would be up for Daytona. Does anyone know the exact dates for the Spring 2015 show? That would give people less time to get their cars ready, but would be great to have Bob at the meet up.

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man ya'll are killing me
Daytona is only 100 miles MORE than Fierorama and I would have to get the A/C working!
But a nice southern coastal drive does sound nice! At least I wouldn't have to go through Oklahoma...

Looks like it rains or cold at Fierorama...?
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred- What about inviting Bob to FIERORAMA? Ya never know, maybe he'd be interested.
Either way, I'm in for a IMSA/DGP/Wide body gathering!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Hope to see a few this weekend!
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2014 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by h.d.fire:

Fred- What about inviting Bob to FIERORAMA? Ya never know, maybe he'd be interested.
!

Yeah, I would even be willing to kick in what it would cost me to go to Florida to help get Bob up here. Plus it would give people an extra 5 months to get their cars ready.

Maybe we should include all the widebodies, since they really are a continuation of what DGP started? What does everyone think?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Yup lol I'm more enamored by my mera... Once I even have a garage to finish that
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All widebodies....hummmmm kinda on the fence on that one.

Sage should come as well.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like it rains or cold at Fierorama...?

I've been to the last 5 or so and dont remember it being cold yet.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is last years Fierorama

http://fierofocus.com/fierorama_video_page.html

Don't want to jinx it, but so far this years forecast is calling for great weather. There have been some rainy years in the past, but never anything really cold.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2006. First year at Pottawatomie Park. It rained the whole day.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is everyone ready for a Widebody meet-up at Fierorama 20? And I dont mean those of us that have put on a few extra pounds. Fierorama 19 had a nice preview of whats to come.

There were 3 IMSA style widebodies and 2 modern widebodies at Fierorama 2014, how many can we get for Fierorama 2015?

Free pizza dinner to any IMSA's that drive from Texas .
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2015 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
sicktoys

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sicktoysSend a Private Message to sicktoysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to knock the dust off of mine and make the date to meet some new friends

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sicktoys:

I would love to knock the dust off of mine and make the date to meet some new friends

very nice looking one there. more pics needed.
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mine don't run

Still after 5 years Come on there PK !!!
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regrettably, mine is going up for sale.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Still after 5 years Come on there PK !!!

lol its out of my hands at the moment

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ohhh Noooo.........
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ohhh Noooo.........

Its true Pat....
I bought a '88 Formula T-Top car this winter. It's a nice car and I always wanted another Formula, but it needs paint.
My DGP is FINALLY running good and all the mechanical works is done, but it needs paint also.
I simply can't afford to have both cars painted. I've really enjoyed the IMSA and it gets lots of attention! I hope someone appreciates it and can finish it as it deserves to be done.

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Swap the panels to the 88 ! then go paint it and sell the other car....

What is the target date and where, Fred??
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Swap the panels to the 88 ! then go paint it and sell the other car....

What is the target date and where, Fred??

LOL! Thanks revin! Didn't think of that option!

[This message has been edited by h.d.fire (edited 02-02-2015).]

chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

bump

Hey... I'm in that picture.
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry to here that. Good luck with the Formula. I hope to have my wide body done for Fierorama

Bob

[This message has been edited by What about Bob (edited 02-02-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay