License plate name by Imnuts
Started on: 08-19-2014 12:58 PM
Replies: 45 (1465 views)
Last post by: mafv8 on 09-11-2014 06:48 PM
Imnuts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 GT and the license plate has FIERO GT for its number. Is this cool or lame?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's lame only if the State of Ohio says it is.....otherwise.... Cool!
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be lame if it was an SE
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I though they were cool and was surprised that they were not used yet when I went checking for vanity plates. At a recent car show some guys stopped and checked the car out and said "Oh a Fiero GT I'm scared" They were most likely just jealous and being dorks were probably scared....
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was it a muscle car show? Some guys just like drag racing and don't 'get' anything else...
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Was it a muscle car show? Some guys just like drag racing and don't 'get' anything else...

In Ohio almost always...
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It must be great to pick your own plate - here in the u.k you get what your given - if you want something more personalised then its going to cost at lot more

jon

BTW - Its Cool
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jon m:

It must be great to pick your own plate - here in the u.k you get what your given - if you want something more personalised then its going to cost at lot more

jon

BTW - Its Cool

Well they do cost $50 US dollars more a year. Is that about $22 quids or pounds?
wd8ivl

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wd8ivlSend a Private Message to wd8ivlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I know why I couldn't ger "FIERO GT" for my collector plate!
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want NO MERCY for my Lambo bodied Fiero. Cool or no?
PFF
System Bot
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Imnuts:

Well they do cost $50 US dollars more a year. Is that about $22 quids or pounds?

roughly around that figure - but that is a steal a very basic ( and I mean very basic ) personalised plate in the u.k would set you back around $300 + another $60 to have it applied to your car's paperwork.

jon
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

roughly around that figure - but that is a steal a very basic ( and I mean very basic ) personalised plate in the u.k would set you back around $300 + another $60 to have it applied to your car's paperwork.

jon

Wow that is not cool.
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have "5spd421" personalized plates for my 87GT. Only problem is I broke a rod on the 421 (stroked 400) and replaced the cracked block with a 427 Dart. Is this false advertising? LOL If your choice of personalized plate makes you happy, the hell with what other (non-Fiero) people think. We are a specialized group. I personally enjoy almost any kind of personalized car - even rat rods!

------------------
woodys 427

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think NO MERCY is very cool for a Lambo. It is already used in Ohio. I was going to post a picture of what is would look like but for some reason the connection is being reset by the host when I try to post a picture this morning.

It would be cool to see what other great ideas Fiero enthusiasts could come up with for Fiero vanity plates. There are only 8 spaces available including blank spaces.
Here is the link to Ohio plate’s website.

https://www.oplates.com/PlateSpecial.aspx

Come up with something cooler than FIERO GT that’s available and I will change my plates.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

If it will kill a real lambo on the street, it's cool.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

At a recent car show some guys stopped and checked the car out and said "Oh a Fiero GT I'm scared" .

Fieros are interesting to take to shows, car enthusiasts like them. People who know about and have driven them like them. Many people dont know much. It doesnt always get respect from muscle car worshippers or import tuner devotees alot of the time. Its not old enough for musclecar or hot rod folks, and it doesnt say Camaro, Challenger or Mustang on the side. Its not foriegn enough for the import tuner crowd. Oh well, their loss
I like alot of cars including Fieros.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put this on my 86 GT (daily driver):
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-20-2014 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jon

BUT is that a one time deal/fee..
here we get hit every year..
first 50.oo to "apply" for it, then 75.00 a year to keep it, and it might have gone up this year as the rmv upped everything again
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes fair point it is a one time fee but if you want to keep the plate and sell the car you then pay for the transfer and retention of it - but like I said for a basic plate it still costs.

basically the rules here are - each year a new car registration prefix comes out so for my 1987 gt D was that years prefix - now if I see a plate for sale I can only have a earlier prefix - the car cannot be made to have "younger" registration so for example mine is a D I could have A,B or C but not E,F or G.

so I could have D12 JON and this would set me back $6367.50

now if I wanted something more personalised like "JON 3" you would be looking in the region of $99882.30c or £60,000 at todays exchange rates

please feel free to look at this brokers site and put the above numbers in http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/

Jon

[This message has been edited by jon m (edited 08-20-2014).]

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

D12 JON and this would set me back $6367.50

I think that deserves a WOW!!!!
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At a recent car show some guys stopped and checked the car out and said "Oh a Fiero GT I'm scared" They were most likely just jealous and being dorks were probably scared....

They were most likely just high school kids, and if older, were probably just azzholes. Pay 'em no attention.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

That would be very funny if it was a Car Kit Inc Lambo Body (which is either a MERCY 1 or a MERCY 2 for the Fiero)... I suppose it works if it is a different company's kit. (On that line, NO SR works better...since they've never actually delivered one )
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

That would be very funny if it was a Car Kit Inc Lambo Body (which is either a MERCY 1 or a MERCY 2 for the Fiero)... I suppose it works if it is a different company's kit. (On that line, NO SR works better...since they've never actually delivered one )

It is actually an original G28 roadster, the one that carkitinc got their molds from. mercy 1 was a copy of the G24. mercy 2 was a copy of the G28. When Steve from Triangle G upgraded to the G28 Lambo put him out of business. 2.5, Fieroking put an LS4 in it and we added the cartuning turbo kit. We haven't dynoed it yet, but cartuning claimed 640hp at 15 lbs boost. It is 400 lbs lighter than the real Lambo, geared for the computer shut down at 165mph, and not wasting hp through lambo four wheel drive so it should give a Lambo a hard time if not beat it to 165mph. After that the Lambo would run away from it since they are geared for 205mph.
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

BUT is that a one time deal/fee..
here we get hit every year..
first 50.oo to "apply" for it, then 75.00 a year to keep it, and it might have gone up this year as the rmv upped everything again

it is a one time hit - however do you get hit every year with road tax as well or is your license plate road tax? - my fiero costs me around $400 a year to drive it on the roads in the u.k

jon
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

it is a one time hit - however do you get hit every year with road tax as well or is your license plate road tax? - my fiero costs me around $400 a year to drive it on the roads in the u.k

jon

No road tax except the small amount about $37 for normal plates (each state is different). But we have state tax, federal tax, local tax, and property tax which part of each goes to road upkeep. With sale tax and the other added up I think about 60% of my pay goes to taxes her in the USA.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not lame at all. This is my daily driver.

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seen at the Fiero 25th Anniversary.
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool thanks for sharing.

I was at the 30th anniversary in Indy but did not even think of looking at the different plates. But really enjoyed the event. If they have a 35 anniversary show I bet I will think to look at them then.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want

I8VETS

of course I would have to drop a Vet eating engine in my 86 SE but I think it would be worth it ! Wouldn't it?

And yes yours is

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Fierotregg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotreggSend a Private Message to FierotreggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's my contribution

PFF
System Bot
jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine says " MY FIRE O ".
Rik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never was very good at spelling...back when I ordered my 84 SE I also requested the plate FIERRO...the plate came before the car did!...28 years later when I bought the Formula, I was able to get the antique vehicle plate made with the same mis-spelling...FIERRO Lives!
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some other vanity plates available here in Ohio. I don't know if I like any better the FIERO GT.

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine used to say XLR8R "Accelerator"
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had Fiero3 on my plate here in Ohio but gave it up because they kept raising the cost and I was not going to pay it anymore.

I also could get historical plates that you pay once and they are good for 50 years.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had "88 FIERO" on my plate, all I ever heard was "Hey, what year and car is that". (or some kind of combination of that)

I now have "GOT LS3?" and I don't get **** any more.

Its your plate, who cares as long as you like it.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
88 GT, SIII 3800NA/Auto swap underway
LS Build Thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083204.html
LS on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0
3800 build thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I lived in IL I had a couple of vanity plates.

MIDENGN - Mid Engine
RZRSEDG - Razors Edge - AC/DC
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prior to this plate I had "XTYNCT"

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:
I had "88 FIERO" on my plate, all I ever heard was "Hey, what year and car is that". (or some kind of combination of that)

Funny, I get the same questions...

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay