Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is the Fiero Factory still in business? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is the Fiero Factory still in business? by Dennis LaGrua
Started on: 07-30-2014 07:56 PM
Replies: 52 (3425 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 08-28-2020 09:34 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2020 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recall the boom years of the Fiero Factory and have fond memories of meeting Fiero owners from all over the USA. I believe that Ed Parks called it a swap meet where owners traded parts and purchased some of Ed's stock. Those were really great times and most of us were young and enthusiastic about our cars. When the Fiero Factory changed ownership it eventually evolved into a universal auto repair shop. In theory if they cater to all brands of automobiles they should be very busy but the way they market will have an effect on the business level. Are they competitive?? Is the work under warranty?
Fiero Jon has undergone a similar transformation and is so busy that he has expanded his shop and put in more bays. Businesses must reach out to their customer base and offer services that will keep them coming back. Apparently Fiero Jon's business model accomplishes this. If TFF Auto is in dire straits who's fault is it????

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2020 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ed treated me very well, as a young guy with not a lot of knowledge or money 15 yrs ago he never took advantage and was very helpful. Was a lot of fun hanging out @ their shop for a few hours when I bought an '88 GT there. Always planned to make it back there for another project car.. was so many rust free very simple to restore projects back then on their lot, I regret not going now.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2020 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old thread, but to answer the initial question......yes; The Fiero Factory is still in business!

I will not get drawn into the quagmire of who was better, Ed or Jeremy, as it serves no real purpose (and will only create more arguments). Both had their pros and both had their cons as it pertained to the running of the business.

I will say that things are changing down in Toney, Alabama. Hopefully for the better, but only time will tell. Without any further delay (drum roll please)....I have bought the Fiero Factory and am now the new owner! To clarify, I own and operate the Fiero parts business only. Jeremy will continue on with his repair shop, TFF Auto Center. The address is the same, the website (to be updated/redesigned in the near future) is the same and while the old phone number still works, we will be phasing it out as it is causing confusion amongst both of our customers. Our new phone system will prompt you when you call, but it is not a permanent thing. Eventually we'd like everyone to use the new number, which is (256) 285-1988.

I am working very hard on getting the yard and shop space cleaned and organized as well as re-supplying the yard with fresh cars (I've been all over the country buying cars....California is up next!). It is a slow and arduous process and at the moment I am the only one here, so please be patient with me. Jeremy still helps, but I have no employees so I field all the calls, pull the parts, pack & ship as well as drag Fieros back down here.

I will make an "official" post later tonight.

Thanks!

Mike Valentine
Sjuice

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2020 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SjuiceClick Here to visit Sjuice's HomePageSend a Private Message to SjuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear there is some new life coming into The Fiero Factory. Hope I'll have some excess funds to work on my Fieros soon. Picked up my 88 from the place when Ed was still running it. Ed was always fun to talk to. Had hoped to have picked up more stuff from the place but life kept getting in the way.

Hope the best for your new venture, hope the forum will support your efforts.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2020 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike,
Good to see you! Are you going to relocate to AL? Or are you going to do this remotely? (I don't see how, but in this age of many people doing stuff remotely, I suppose anything is possible.)
Regardless, I wish you well.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Old thread, but to answer the initial question......yes; The Fiero Factory is still in business!

I will not get drawn into the quagmire of who was better, Ed or Jeremy, as it serves no real purpose (and will only create more arguments). Both had their pros and both had their cons as it pertained to the running of the business.

I will say that things are changing down in Toney, Alabama. Hopefully for the better, but only time will tell. Without any further delay (drum roll please)....I have bought the Fiero Factory and am now the new owner! To clarify, I own and operate the Fiero parts business only. Jeremy will continue on with his repair shop, TFF Auto Center. The address is the same, the website (to be updated/redesigned in the near future) is the same and while the old phone number still works, we will be phasing it out as it is causing confusion amongst both of our customers. Our new phone system will prompt you when you call, but it is not a permanent thing. Eventually we'd like everyone to use the new number, which is (256) 285-1988.

I am working very hard on getting the yard and shop space cleaned and organized as well as re-supplying the yard with fresh cars (I've been all over the country buying cars....California is up next!). It is a slow and arduous process and at the moment I am the only one here, so please be patient with me. Jeremy still helps, but I have no employees so I field all the calls, pull the parts, pack & ship as well as drag Fieros back down here.

Thanks!

Mike Valentine

WHOA, Mike! You are now truly MISTER Fiero!

I have some cars here in Northern California, if you are interested.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sjuice:

Glad to hear there is some new life coming into The Fiero Factory. Hope I'll have some excess funds to work on my Fieros soon. Picked up my 88 from the place when Ed was still running it. Ed was always fun to talk to. Had hoped to have picked up more stuff from the place but life kept getting in the way.

Hope the best for your new venture, hope the forum will support your efforts.

Thanks and we'll be here when you are ready for some parts!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks!
Mike Valentine

Mike: I knew that you and Ed were friends and you even stayed at his place a while back. You've also been a long time Fiero enthusiast and I remember that really nice Northstar Convertible that you once owned. Good luck with the parts business. I would think that you would need to relocate to run it effectively but it sounds as though you have.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Mike,
Good to see you! Are you going to relocate to AL? Or are you going to do this remotely? (I don't see how, but in this age of many people doing stuff remotely, I suppose anything is possible.)
Regardless, I wish you well.

Right now I'm commuting. I'm in Alabama for roughly 2 weeks then in Colorado for a week or 10 days before heading back down again. It's mostly working right now because I have so much stuff to haul down here from Colorado, but it is not a long term solution. My hotel bills are killing me!

Eventually I would need to move here full-time, but I don't want to sell my house in Denver just yet. By this time next year, assuming business is good, I will have sold my house and found something down here. On the plus side house are A LOT cheaper in Alabama than in Colorado.

Thanks for the well wishes and hopefully it all works out.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99

Originally posted by fierobear:

WHOA, Mike! You are now truly MISTER Fiero!

I have some cars here in Northern California, if you are interested.

Thanks! I might be interested in some of your cars.....it's a long haul though. LMK what you have and what you want for them, etc. You can PM me here or e-mail me at: mike@thefierofactory.com
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Mike: I knew that you and Ed were friends and you even stayed at his place a while back. You've also been a long time Fiero enthusiast and I remember that really nice Northstar Convertible that you once owned. Good luck with the parts business. I would think that you would need to relocate to run it effectively but it sounds as though you have.

Yes....I worked for Ed back in the late 90's and stayed with him and Rosy until I found an apartment. Sometimes I miss that convertible, but I have plenty of other ones now to keep me company.

Thanks....I have a lot of work ahead of me and at times it's overwhelming, but eventually I'll have everything organized how I like it. As I mentioned in my reply to Raydar, I will eventually move to Alabama full-time, but for the next year I'll be here for a couple of weeks at a time and "commuting" back & forth.
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike, I don't think this collection of Fiero parts could have gone to a better person! I wish you the best of luck with this endeavor!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2020 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

By this time next year, assuming business is good, I will have sold my house and found something down here. On the plus side house are A LOT cheaper in Alabama than in Colorado.

Aside from Jeremy, there are a couple of other Fiero people who live within shouting distance of the Fiero Factory. Either of them may be able to give you some tips as to affordable housing, etc.
Shoot me a PM if you want their info. (You probably know at least one of them.)

Otherwise, if there is anything I can do, please let me know. I'll do what I can. Although I'm 3.5 hours away, so that may be a bit limited.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock