Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is the Fiero Factory still in business? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is the Fiero Factory still in business? by Dennis LaGrua
Started on: 07-30-2014 07:56 PM
Replies: 52 (3430 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 08-28-2020 09:34 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going back to the early 1990's Ed Parks founded the Fiero Factory from a business that was originally called Southern Custom in Toney AL. . Ed went on to acquire over 100 Fieros ( traveled the USA for them) and became known for the place that sold parts, did all kinds of repair work, 3.4L and 4.9L engine swaps and it also held an annual open house and swap meet. . It was a busy place back then when Ed Parks owned it but Ed was getting older and in 2010 he retired and sold the business to Jeremy Biggs who was a mechanic at the shop. Jeremy promised to keep the business running as Ed did but he seems to have disappeared from the Fiero scene. The Fiero Factory website hasn't been updated in years, nothing is new, the swap meet disappeared, there are never any updates here on this forum, they don't turn up at the shows and you never hear about the business anymore. Does anyone know if the Fiero Factory is still in business???

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. Spoke to them in the last few weeks......
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think to stay afloat they have branched out to other makes but they will still do swaps and still have parts. They helped me on the phone last year when I had trouble fitting a new throttle cable.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Yes. Spoke to them in the last few weeks......

That's good to hear but they are certainly keeping a low profile. At one time they were the preeminent place for parts and service.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, they are still open. I actually called them yesterday looking for some parts.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They have changed the name to TFF automotive. (TFF being a "nod" to The Fiero Factory.)
They still do Fieros, but have branched out and are doing other things too.
Jeremy just sold a Corvette and bought a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata. Pics were posted on Facebook. Next to the Miata was a red 88 Fiero.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

That's good to hear but they are certainly keeping a low profile. At one time they were the preeminent place for parts and service.

Its hard to make enough to keep the doors open with a Fiero only business. Maybe they are concentrating on a higher profile in more profitable markets.....

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 07-30-2014).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, with branching out, they are actually doing better business. Didn't I see they're having a swap meet again, or was that another place?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does anyone know if the Fiero Factory is still in business???

Yup. Last month they quoted me $350 for an engine harness for a '84

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

If $350 was quoted for a used stock 30 yr old harness, they are really off the mark. That part is only worth about $50.00.

KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

**** !
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe to you, but a business needs to make a profit. Additionally, if you were to order a new one, if it were even available, be prepared for the counterman at your GM dealer to be north of $1500....and how much is a swap harness for a 3800 or 4.9.
Like it or not......it is not a common commodity.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe to you, but a business needs to make a profit. Additionally, if you were to order a new one, if it were even available, be prepared for the counterman at your GM dealer to be north of $1500....and how much is a swap harness for a 3800 or 4.9.

You ignore the main fact. Profit is good but there is also something called competition. I buy these 30 yr old Fiero harnesses for $50 or less at the you-pull-it, salvage yards. Other people can find them for that price also. If the FF wants to make a profit that's all well and good, but if they are not competitive, then they sell 100% of nothing which always equals nothing. A business primary mission is to sell product, to stay in business. I was going to call them on a parts requirement but after I saw the harness price posted, I scratched them off of the list as did the potential buyer that had the harness requirement. Is this good business sense? If so, what can I say, just send them your money!.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the common practice. Make a promise that new owners will keep the business alive, jack the prices, and then run it into the ground.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You ignore the main fact. Profit is good but there is also something called competition. I buy these 30 yr old Fiero harnesses for $50 or less at the you-pull-it, salvage yards. Other people can find them for that price also. If the FF wants to make a profit that's all well and good, but if they are not competitive, then they sell 100% of nothing which always equals nothing. A business primary mission is to sell product, to stay in business. I was going to call them on a parts requirement but after I saw the harness price posted, I scratched them off of the list as did the potential buyer that had the harness requirement. Is this good business sense? If so, what can I say, just send them your money!.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not everyone has skills time and tools to harvest their own parts.
Not everyone can build a swap harness.
I can do both, so I don't pay those prices either.
I priced a 3800sc harness from GM about five years ago....$1700+!!!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 07-31-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. Their prices are high. $26 for the screws for a third brake light, plus shipping=$45. When I agreed to $26, I thought it included shipping. I wasn't happy with the total, and the screws they sent were too rusted to use. I went to GM, picked up one for free, but they were $1.50 new, originally. Found another at the bone yard for $.25.

Bottom line, you can make (for example) 10% profit on a bunch of jobs, or 200% on one. No repeat business, no referrals, no sales=no business.
Alblindi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlblindiSend a Private Message to AlblindiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live just two hours north of them and I've had them look at my Fiero and service it a few times in the past few months. I forget the reasons they haven't been holding the swap meets, but they've been legitimate ones.

Jeremy has sacrificed a lot to keep the shop going. He still wants to do the meets, he still wants to be involved, but the upkeep against maintaining the inventory against actually working on the cars has them slightly overwhelmed as of late. But trust me, they offer fair prices as far as I know. And I don't see them going away any time soon.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I agree. Their prices are high. $26 for the screws for a third brake light, plus shipping=$45. When I agreed to $26, I thought it included shipping. I wasn't happy with the total, and the screws they sent were too rusted to use. I went to GM, picked up one for free, but they were $1.50 new, originally. Found another at the bone yard for $.25.

Bottom line, you can make (for example) 10% profit on a bunch of jobs, or 200% on one. No repeat business, no referrals, no sales=no business.

Without belaboring the argument, your experience says its all. IMO, anyone who would charge $45 for a few screws is a crook. This is inexcusable, unethical, thievery and I would tell them exactly that. If someone came to my shop I'd value the screws at 50 cents each but I'd gladly hand them a few screws for nothing. Why? Two dollars worth of screws will result in great PR and perhaps $2000 worth of business. Only someone business ignorant would not understand that principle.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Without belaboring the argument, your experience says its all. IMO, anyone who would charge $45 for a few screws is a crook. This is inexcusable, unethical, thievery and I would tell them exactly that. If someone came to my shop I'd value the screws at 50 cents each but I'd gladly hand them a few screws for nothing. Why? Two dollars worth of screws will result in great PR and perhaps $2000 worth of business. Only someone business ignorant would not understand that principle.

C'mon, 45$ for a few "used" screws...
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

......Only someone business ignorant would not understand that principle.

This is very true.
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Word of mouth from this thread alone will probably cost them business
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In all fairness, how many of us have called and gotten free time, if not free advise? I've spoken with Jeremy on the phone, because he was the only one who could answer my question. Also, apparently, he is the only one who can do some of the work.

I've had people use my time for free, and it adds up. It's one thing when I volunteer, but another when they are using my time, during my work day, and preventing me from getting billable work done.

I know that other service shops field the same type of calls, but how about other specialty shops?
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

In all fairness, how many of us have called and gotten free time, if not free advise? I've spoken with Jeremy on the phone, because he was the only one who could answer my question. Also, apparently, he is the only one who can do some of the work.

I've had people use my time for free, and it adds up. It's one thing when I volunteer, but another when they are using my time, during my work day, and preventing me from getting billable work done.

I know that other service shops field the same type of calls, but how about other specialty shops?

If advise is troubling or holding you back, then don't offer it. I guess then by your logic, giving advise, justifies ripping off people for $46.00 for four rusty screws. That's an interesting rationalization, Advise should always free as it helps build your business. I've gotten loads of advise from ZZ Performance and they received orders because of it. Their prices are always competitive. . From what I've read here, I would say many other Fiero owners will never do business with the new Fiero Factory. Ed Parks was my friend and we always had honest dealings. Ed is a man of character. Unfortunately, when Ed Parks left, the soul of this establishment did too.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know where Ed Parks went? Does he still post on this forum?
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ed retired and spends winter somewhere on the west side of Florida and has his summer place in Alabama. He rarely posted on PFF when he had the Fiero Factory.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I just noticed that TFF sponsors the Fiero forum on Yahoo so I imagine that's where he used to post
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If advise is troubling or holding you back, then don't offer it. I guess then by your logic, giving advise, justifies ripping off people for $46.00 for four rusty screws. That's an interesting rationalization, Advise should always free as it helps build your business. I've gotten loads of advise from ZZ Performance and they received orders because of it. Their prices are always competitive. . From what I've read here, I would say many other Fiero owners will never do business with the new Fiero Factory. Ed Parks was my friend and we always had honest dealings. Ed is a man of character. Unfortunately, when Ed Parks left, the soul of this establishment did too.

Not at all. And yes, advise can bring business, but there are some cases in which advise is just a waste of time. The thing is cutting the time wasters. I just wasn't trying to jump on the heap. There are few enough Fiero vendors. I would rather improve the ones we have than have them close their doors. My point was that, if they have no business, they won't be around for free advise. I wasn't happy with that experience, and there have been other poor experiences, but I want to help improve the vendors with constructive criticism. Yes, we should always expect the king treatment, but Jeremy is an owner an a tech. It usually makes a poor combination. Techs aren't the best at sales and customer service. That's why service shops usually have ”service advisors”. These are people who can speak with both mechanics and customers. I am not making excuses, but don't know what else may have happened already that day. Also know that Jeremy, JimmyS, Archie, and others are not always the easiest to get along with. It takes a particular type of person to put their life into Fieros. As for the high prices, they had the part when no one else did. Yes, I feel ripped off, and it sours me a bit of TFF to the point of questioning their other prices and reconsidering taking me Fiero there, I don't want to put them out of business.

Jeremy, if you're reading this, these are tweak suggestions. Opinions that may bring you business. But it's your money.

I don't want to start a flame war.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not trying to start a flame war, or take pots shots as well but it is the right of everyone on this forum to participate in the open exchange of ideas and opinions. If the business transactions with the FF that have been reported here, are true, I consider this as price gouging. If that's the business model, that is certainly their prerogative, but I want no part of it Jeremy is free to enjoy his 100 or so Fieros just sitting there rotting away but he can rest assured that few of us will buy anything from him. There are many reliable vendors and Jeremy needs to understand the word competition.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2019 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

C'mon, 45$ for a few "used" screws...

Old thread, I know... but saw this and couldn't believe it.

The local U-Pull-It yard in Davie, Florida... lets you keep / have all the screws and bolts you want for free... they only charge you for actual parts.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2019 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure what the repeated argument is about.

If you need the part buy it. If it is too much skip it and move on.

If they are not making money they will drop the prices in time.

It is like gas if I need gas and one station is cheaper than another at the same intersection I go to the cheaper one. Now if it is the only station in sight and I am out I pay the price.

Beware as time passes and more salvage yards stop holding Fieros part prices will go up. Just the part of the automotive circle of life.
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2019 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought a front lighting harness from the Fiero Factory (TFF in Toney).......8/2019

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 10-07-2019).]

Formula Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2020 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula OwnerSend a Private Message to Formula OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was there this week, and spoke to Jeremy. The Fiero parts business was separate from the service business, and he sold off the Fiero parts side. Many of the "salvage" Fieros are gone, but several remain. I don't know who bought the Fiero parts business, but if you call Jeremy, you can still get Fiero parts.

BTW, it's called the TFF Auto Center now.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2020 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula Owner:

I was there this week, and spoke to Jeremy. The Fiero parts business was separate from the service business, and he sold off the Fiero parts side. Many of the "salvage" Fieros are gone, but several remain. I don't know who bought the Fiero parts business, but if you call Jeremy, you can still get Fiero parts.

BTW, it's called the TFF Auto Center now.

This is what I predicted when he bought the business. Cancel all future Fiero events that had gone on for years, rape people with his prices, drive the business into the toilet, and then sell it after destroying another husband/wife's legacy. I believe it's called greed and not knowing how to run a business.

Sorry to offend those who think he's a "nice guy". I'm sure he is but his business ethic evidently needs work.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-20-2020).]

Boozeman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2020 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoozemanSend a Private Message to BoozemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a dog in this fight, but if anyone's interested in what is going on with Jeremy and the Fiero Factory, you can read about it in his own words here: https://thefierofactory.com/
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2020 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula Owner:
I don't know who bought the Fiero parts business, but if you call Jeremy, you can still get Fiero parts.

I'm pretty sure I know. And I've dealt with him before. I believe it will be a good thing for all concerned.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-22-2020).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2020 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'm pretty sure I know. And I've dealt with him before. I believe it will be a good thing for all concerned.

Hopefully this person took over 100% of the Fiero business and will have no ties or have to give a percentage of sales to Jeremy. That way the price of parts becomes reasonable.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2020 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Hopefully this person took over 100% of the Fiero business and will have no ties or have to give a percentage of sales to Jeremy. That way the price of parts becomes reasonable.

I have no idea of what the terms were/are. I just know that I trust the "new guy". He's always been reasonable - if not exceptional - to deal with. I don't expect anything different, going forward.

With that said... I don't mistrust Jeremy, either. He set his price to what he needed to, to survive. It's what the market will bear. And he should know the Fiero market better than most.
My take is this... If people are in a hurry, or in a pinch, they'll be willing to pay it, or not. If they're not, and have time to look around, and other avenues to search, they'll probably find what they need, for less.
Free market. Not always pretty, but realistic.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2020 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if he kept the rare factory blue paint test car that was saved from the crusher years ago, I heard that it had found it's way to TFF after being rescued and no news since 2012.

It's sad what is going on with TFF, hopefully it works out and they stop crushing cars and business picks up.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2020 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

I wonder if he kept the rare factory blue paint test car that was saved from the crusher years ago, I heard that it had found it's way to TFF after being rescued and no news since 2012.

It's sad what is going on with TFF, hopefully it works out and they stop crushing cars and business picks up.

Yeah, wasn't that an 85SE that was blue that was intended to have a V6 engine rebuild to keep the matching numbers to the car?

Back then Ed mentioned to me his plan was to get the engine rebuild by a company called Grooms engine rebuilders.
Pretty special fiero if Ed was going to go to that point with it. Never heard of it since, but recall there was pics on their website
or someone posted pics here on PFF about this rare finding.

One time, he was selling a silver 86-87GT with an interior ordered factory override that was tan.
You couldn't get that exterior / interior colour combo, but Ed had this special car.

I followed up a lot from 2000-up to Ed's retirement as there was always interesting stories from his shop.

Thanks Ed for many years of help and info that bonded me to this interesting car, the fiero.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock