LED Side Markers by craigtbone
Started on: 07-24-2014 08:24 PM
Replies: 13 (706 views)
Last post by: tshark on 07-30-2014 08:04 AM
craigtbone

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigtboneSend a Private Message to craigtboneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A year or two ago I was researching LED lighting upgrades for my Fiero. I recall finding a company that had many kits for all of the lighting.

Right now I am interested in LED side markers. This company had ready to install markers with 5 LEDs and a newer version with 7 or so LEDs.

I have been searching but just cannot remember he name of that company. Does anyone know what that company is? Or any other supplier of good quality LED lighting?

Top Line Group has side markers but it looks like a single bulb. The ones I remember had multiple bulbs per marker.

Any info is most appreciated.

Craig T.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/066792.html

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 07-24-2014).]

85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/066792.html

X2. Danyel's markers are perfect!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2014 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

X2. Danyel's markers are perfect!

X3 from me. I have had his LED markers for several years now.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Danyl quit making the LED side markers for a bit, so TLG quit selling them. There are 2 others I've seen, also. One has just a few LEDs, and the other has like 15 in each of 2 rows.

I have Danyl's.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I think Danyl quit making the LED side markers for a bit, so TLG quit selling them. There are 2 others I've seen, also. One has just a few LEDs, and the other has like 15 in each of 2 rows.

I have Danyl's.

I stopped makin them for a short period of time due to inventory issues. Now I have these available and always in stock. I used to keep at least 10 kits ready to ship but that was too much for nothing. I now keep 1 kit on hand. They are always available for members here.

regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

craigtbone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigtboneSend a Private Message to craigtboneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. I had seen these while searching the PFF. Placed an order today.

The web site that I recall had LED options for just about every light in the Fiero. Backup lights, instrument panel lights, courtesy lights, etc. I was quite interested in the switch-back lights to go into the front turn signals, bright white running lights but amber turn signals when activated. Looks like Top Line Group has most of these. Maybe it was TLG that I was looking at a year or so ago but the overall look of the site seems different. Did TLG change the look of their site recently?

Are there any other suppliers of a full line of replacement LED lighting for the Fiero?

Craig T.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have them and they look great.
There's one thing I would point out. It's not really a negative, but it's something to be aware of. The LEDs are made into the side marker. You have to take the light apart to install the LEDs. It's obvious when you think about it, but just know it's not just a bulb swap. The entire side marker becomes the LED assembly.

I don't see it as a concern since the LEDs likely won't burn out anytime soon. Just an FYI. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 07-26-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the switchback lights. They do work. Some of us did have issues with the turn indicators being lit dimly when the parking lights were on. I changed the 3rd brake light and side markers t9 LED, and the problem went away, so I suspect it was something with these. Chris at TLG, which did recently change their name, and is changing their site, does stand behind his products. Other people used a ballast to resolve the issue. YMMV.

As far as usage, they take a bit of getting used to. Also, the electronic blink a bit after being turned off. Maybe that's just me. I've been testing brightness/distance/viewability, but for usage--not scientifically.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 07-29-2014).]

craigtbone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigtboneSend a Private Message to craigtboneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero is a small target to see so I want as much visibility as I can get, short of being obnoxious!

I have ordered LED side markers. Once I get the Fiero back on the road the switch-backs and rear LED lights will be the next addition.

Craig T.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I highly recomment LED for the 3rd brake light.

I'm not crazy about the switchbacks. They're cool during the daytime, but not really bright enough at night, like the orge says. If visibility is what you're after, you may want to try something else.

Anyone in the area have them to demo for you?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 07-29-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
BlackTopRacing

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackTopRacingClick Here to visit BlackTopRacing's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlackTopRacingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the website you were looking for is ours. Formerly TLG-Auto.com (Top Line Group Automotive) and now we just upgraded our business to www.BlackTopUpgrades.com (Black Top Racing).

We have plans to release some cool new Fiero stuff very soon also as soon as the transformation is complete at our website. Click on the picture of the Fiero on the main page or the Fiero word link at the top and you'll see what we (TLG) have to offer.
craigtbone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigtboneSend a Private Message to craigtboneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe TLG is the site II was looking at a year or two ago. Very good looking products.

My thoughts for the turn signal / running lights switch-backs is to have running lights during the daytime without the headlights up. Nighttime I would have the headlights up.

Are there any other options for front end illumination to make the Fiero more easily seen?

Craig T.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In some places, driving with the parking lights on isn't legal. I wanted a light to shine on the lines.

Some people add a light on either side in the air intake area. You could upgrade the headlights to LEDs or projection bulbs for night visibility. Lighting in front will not help daytime visibility, and should not. That could only cause issues for other drivers. The driver is supposed to look out for the front end.

Sometimes, when driving the tiny Fiero, I feel like there's a big bullseye & a hit me sticker somewhere. Defensive driving is required to avoid damage by incompetent drivers. I'm especially worried, because people have hit my Avalanche, my Firehawk, my full-sized van, and my Impala, and the usual complaint was that they didn't/couldn't see it. In several cases, there is video of the person looking at something below their dash before plowing into me. In one case, they wandered out of their lane while checking text messages (excuse was that they couldn't be expected to concentrate on other things while replying to IMPORTANT text messages). In another case, apparently them rear-ending me at a light interrupted their movie, and they sued for damage to their player. I looked at the setup after their accident, and found that the movie played on an in-dash display and on both visors. Someone backed into my van in the winter, with the excuse that they only saw white in the rearview, so they knew it was all clear and floored it. Messed up the bumper & grille on the '87 Ford, totalled their 2011 Honda POS. Had someone hit my parked avalanche. My receiver tore up their front end. The person came into my work complaining that my truck destroyed their car. Yep, the moron's Toyota had the bumper cover ripped off and my receiver went through their radiator. Never got an explanation. It only broke the plastic cover on my receiver. A black woman hit my Firehawk when she was arguing with someone in her car. She reached across to him and jerked the wheel in the process, then tried to blame the accident on me. I avoid driving the Fiero during busy times.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock