Started on: 05-04-2014 08:37 PM
Replies: 10 (1230 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 05-05-2014 11:36 AM
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The build: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000139-7.html

I'm really happy with the finished product:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pegasus88GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome! Nice work!
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Looks great.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a really nice looking dash install!
Scottzilla79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats the shifter from?
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

Whats the shifter from?

1989 Olds Toronado. It's been modified from a front to a rear cable mount to fit the Fiero.
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
real nice work, very clean looking interior, Looks much better than I thought it would thinking camry dash, very well done. What column did you use , I want to start my c5 swap soon and have a sebring column I plan on using. I was doing my cluster the same way with the remote electronics.
Your guage faces look much better than mine... I could not get the lines as straight and smooth, using mspaint probably not the best to use anyways, I will try and redo mine after im sure it all works correctly..

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 05-05-2014).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good!
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

real nice work, very clean looking interior, Looks much better than I thought it would thinking camry dash, very well done. What column did you use , I want to start my c5 swap soon and have a sebring column I plan on using. I was doing my cluster the same way with the remote electronics.
Your guage faces look much better than mine... I could not get the lines as straight and smooth, using mspaint probably not the best to use anyways, I will try and redo mine after im sure it all works correctly..

The column is 2003 Grand Am. I chose it because it did not have a column mounted ignition switch and the size of the plastic surround fit the hole in the dash. Also, staying with a GM column meant wiring the switches was easier. The wiper switch was the hardest to convert to work with the Fiero wiper board. A lot of the newer Chrysler switches operate on a multiplexed voltage signal through the BCM so you may have trouble making the sebring column switches work for you. For example, the wiper switch on the 03' 300m has only 1 wire that goes to the BCM.

For the gauge faces, I downloaded a trial version of Corel Draw X6. It's fully functional software you can use for 30 days. I went on Youtube and watched a couple videos on how to make clock faces with X6. Clock faces and gauge faces are essentially the same thing, so once I figured out the basics, I was able to make a few different versions quite easily. Go here: http://www.corel.com/corel/...v1k74CFahAMgodjGQAug and click on "download trial". It will give you the full version to try for a month.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 05-05-2014).]

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for info and link I will download and try it. The sebring column fits the c5 dash well but like you said some have had trouble making the wipers work, others have had no problems. I have not got that far yet just have all parts as of now.. anyways sorry hijacking your thread , thank you for info.
You do great work after going to original thread I will be following your progress ..

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do excellent work!

By the way, can she do 150mph?
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay