Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  is there any body kit vendors left for fiero's? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
is there any body kit vendors left for fiero's? by ttt123
Started on: 04-28-2014 08:48 AM
Replies: 53 (2234 views)
Last post by: Ravant on 05-01-2014 11:40 AM
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ttt123:

anybody want a kit lol ok not really i need to pic them up and see what all i have, either way i'll make it work for at least a one off.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Looks nice, little more info on it
IP: Logged
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

anybody want a kit lol ok not really i need to pic them up and see what all i have, either way i'll make it work for at least a one off.

ahh so you bought the molds. I spoke to chimaera on madmechanics about them. I like that but wonder how hard to fit to fiero chassis, and wasnt sure about shipping etc across border, + not to sjilled with fiberglass, I know there are no inner door molds... so that would have to be made but I love the look of that body. You decide to make a few pulls from the molds shoot me a price I might be interested.

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

ttt123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

Looks nice, little more info on it

i'll give more info when i get some lol i won the ebay bid last night and he has'nt contacted me yet. i'm super geeked, i love it and cant wait to build it.
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ttt123

314 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by jb1:

ahh so you bought the molds. I spoke to chimaera on madmechanics about them. I like that but wonder how hard to fit to fiero chassis, and wasnt sure about shipping etc across border, + not to sjilled with fiberglass, I know there are no inner door molds... so that would have to be made but I love the look of that body. You decide to make a few pulls from the molds shoot me a price I might be interested.

well i have a pretty nice set up in my barn for this stuff and i'm no pro at glass but i can do ok with it. so i'll do my homework and if all goes well i will make enough kits to fund my build and that would probably be it.

i'm kinda already thinking i'lll have to stretch the fiero a bit but the other stuff... no worries. i'll get a lambo fiberglass interior and use that. i personally (and not being bias) love it!!! i think it will give me the miami gt (ddr) look i was going for and be different then anything else out there.

thanks

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats. It's certainly going to be a challenge, but the end product should be very cool and unique.

Bob
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Congrats. It's certainly going to be a challenge, but the end product should be very cool and unique.

Bob

agreed but i have most of the know how and the tools etc. my fiero is already stripped down to the frame and on the rotisserie painted sapphire metallic blue. make the stretch and start the build.... I'm on it lol

if the molds are good enough i might make a couple sets and put em on ebay to make a few extra bucks to fund some goodies for it like a g50 trans and ls1 not sure what it would be worth tho to sell a couple kits.

[URL=http://s1207.photobucket.com/user/lilobrat05/ media/Brian%20Car/fiero/dd_zps6afd0d33.jpeg.html][/URL]
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ttt123

314 posts
Member since Jan 2008
does anyone have a link to a good thread on stretching the fiero frame?

thanks
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

does anyone have a link to a good thread on stretching the fiero frame?

Not a ton of detail, but here's Yarmouth Fiero's thread showing how he stretched and reinforced his: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000137.html
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Not a ton of detail, but here's Yarmouth Fiero's thread showing how he stretched and reinforced his: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000137.html

thank you
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

I like this kit. Very unique, reminds me a lot of a Koenigsegg. Do you know how long the stretch would be?

Thanx,

Ear-ick

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure yet on the stretch. I haven't picked up the molds yet. It mentioned 104 inches in the add when I bought it but that's about all it said. I plan on making a couple SMALL changes to it like scoops and something for the rear where the exhaust comes out. It's only 40inches tall and there is no interior molds for it either. I'm thinking of getting a lambo interior and mod it some so I can make some molds to sell with it as a kit if I go down that road. If I sell any ... It will only be limited amount, just to get some goodies for it. That way there won't be to many of these running around.

Brian
PFF
System Bot
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To the OP: If you're considering a full kit with a frame, consider a Factory Five 818. 1800 pound curb weight, mid-engine, Subaru boxer 4 (very low CoG), well balanced and only about 15k in total. 10-ish thousand for the kit (delivered with repainted body) and 5-ish thousand for a donor STi.
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ravant:

To the OP: If you're considering a full kit with a frame, consider a Factory Five 818. 1800 pound curb weight, mid-engine, Subaru boxer 4 (very low CoG), well balanced and only about 15k in total. 10-ish thousand for the kit (delivered with repainted body) and 5-ish thousand for a donor STi.

thanks but i bought the molds for the kit above.

doing my research now for the build
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thanks but i bought the molds for the kit above.

doing my research now for the build

Awesome. Alright!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay