Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  is there any body kit vendors left for fiero's? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
is there any body kit vendors left for fiero's? by ttt123
Started on: 04-28-2014 08:48 AM
Replies: 53 (2234 views)
Last post by: Ravant on 05-01-2014 11:40 AM
ttt123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know not all are fans of body kits but I'm wanting to do something different and a fiero is a good donor for kits. I'm already in the process of redoing a fiero for my daily driver but I have the itch... anyone know of some good kits that are out there still?

I'v seen pics of the aldino ..... well something a little less cheesy 80's movie would be fun lol I like the miami gt body kit but it goes on a tube chassis and i don't feel like dropping $30k

any thoughts?

thanks guys.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if PISA still makes stuff, but their site is up... http://pisafierohq.com/

You could buy Archies molds for the Fino and Finale... //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/068775.html

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm a fan of archie just not the style of his kits... sorry archie

pisa... na

i've been searching all day online and i'm just not finding much unless by buy a full out kit with chassis and all for what i'm looking for
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya i seen that one. looks pretty slick. kinda took the lambo look but it appears to be very well done.

I really want something that looks like a saleen or enzo... something with that race car look.

i'm trying to convince myself to sell a kidney and get the that miami gt (ddr) kit car. that car is just SICK!!!

or the altima gtr

i like the factory five gtm but i've read on a few forums that they are not fun to drive, i guess handling is pretty poor in them.

thanks
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie sold his TR molds to a PFF member (EVA_Rob ???) and kits could be sold from them.

Nelson
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Archie sold his TR molds to a PFF member (EVA_Rob ???) and kits could be sold from them.

Nelson

i will check that out, thank you
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

I guess now is as good as any to let the cat out of the bag:

I am planning on opening up

"Fiero Fantasy Concepts"

in DFW late this summer.

We will start out offering the following Turn-Key Cars:

* Purest edition of any Fiero year and style...complete factory restore inside and out.

These cars will come with a 3 year / 30,000 mile power-train nation-wide warranty.

Then also we will offer the following body options:

* Testarossa
* Mera/308
* F-355
* Dino
* Countach 5K

The 5 options above will have all the following engine options:

* 3800-SC (with or without Inter-cooler)
* DOHC 3.4 (with or without Turbo charger)
* 5-Speed, 6-Speed, or Auto with paddles

* Maybe V8...just started chatting with Archie about buying out the V8 & 6-speed.

These cars will come with a 3 year / 30,000 mile power-train nation-wide warranty.

We will order all our Interiors from Rob Amida out of Seattle.

EVM_Rob is about to start lengthening my 1st 88 based Testarossa...already have a buyer put a deposit down on it.

It looks like we will be offering Financing as well

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, get ahold of TXOPIE for details.

Also, fierowarehouse.com,still sells the original DGP/IRM IMSA wide body fiberglass body kits.

HAGO!

*edited to make the quoted text include ALL that it should have to begin with!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 04-28-2014).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap! Awesome! Cool stuff and a great craftsman!
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do this the year after I move out of Ohio? Best of luck, let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TXOPIE:

I am planning on opening up

"Fiero Fantasy Concepts"

in DFW late this summer.

We will start out offering the following Turn-Key Cars:

* Purest edition of any Fiero year and style...complete factory restore inside and out.

Then also we will offer the following body options:

* Testarossa
* Mera/308
* F-355
* Dino
* Countach 5K

The 5 options above will have all the following engine options:

* 3800-SC (with or without Inter-cooler)
* DOHC 3.4 (with or without Turbo charger)
* 5-Speed, 6-Speed, or Auto with paddles

* Maybe V8...just started chatting with Archie about buying out the V8 & 6-speed.

We will order all our Interiors from Rob Amida out of Seattle.

EVM_Rob is about to start lengthening my 1st 88 based Testarossa...already have a buyer put a deposit down on it.

It looks like we will be offering Financing as well
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, get ahold of TXOPIE for details.

Also, fierowarehouse.com,still sells the original DGP/IRM IMSA wide body fiberglass body kits.

HAGO! [/QUOTE]

thanks for the info.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Vendetta.

http://gagliardidesign.com/kits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4zw0L7Or08

NNNIICCCEEEE !!!!!!!! thanks.

ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ttt123

314 posts
Member since Jan 2008
quick question.. does anyone know of some prints on a chassis for a lambo kit.. perhaps one that would use the fiero tub.. or even just plans on the engine bay so a longitudinal motor can be used and get some real hp?

just thinking/asking outloud.

thanks guys
brian
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sage:

Congratulations, this is good news for the Fiero community!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow dude, sweet!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-28-2014).]

ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ttt123:

quick question.. does anyone know of some prints on a chassis for a lambo kit.. perhaps one that would use the fiero tub.. or even just plans on the engine bay so a longitudinal motor can be used and get some real hp?

just thinking/asking outloud.

thanks guys
brian

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something unique would be the SLC by Superlite and RCRFran. Also, fairly local to you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EuIwvd-Sko

Also, if there's interest in old Ferrari's, I have the contact info for the gentleman that has the CK3 molds for the 512M, testarossa, and Koenig 512.

And, as mentioned, EVMRob has the 308/Mera, Testarossa and Countach.

There is also Vaydor's kit built on a G35 for a more modern kit.
http://www.madmechanics.com...aydor-g35-build.html

Bob

PS: forgot to mention Bart and the 355 and 430 versions (if he's still doing them).

And mine, which is not a kit, but also relatively local to you.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/076365-5.html

------------------

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 04-28-2014).]

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure, but it seems like a wrong impression has been left.

My post from above was just to let everyone know who didn't happen to see it in The Construction Zone, that TXOPIE is starting up a new venture, which will include the listed turn key cars and the body kits mentioned.

He is based out of Texas, and I'm guessing he is going to have EVM_Rob do the glass work required for the bodies. You'll have to contact TXOPIE for details, or maybe he will see this and set things straight.

The other part of my post just states that Fierowarehouse has been making and will still make the DGP/IRM IMSA bodies. They are two separate entities, engaged in similar pursuits, but completely different products and people.

I was just trying to provide additional options to the OP asking if there were any body kit vendors left.

Hope that clears things up for anybody that I might have unintentionally given the wrong idea to. You can see TXOPIE's original post in the Construction Zone. Check it out, he's got a nice build going on too, which is what the thread was started for and is about.

HAGO!
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOW ABOUT A TESTAROSSA ?
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

HOW ABOUT A TESTAROSSA ?

those are fun. do you have any pics or pricing?

thanks
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i'm trying to convince myself to sell a kidney and get the that miami gt (ddr) kit car. that car is just SICK!!!

This page is about a Lawsuit against DDR Motorsport and owner Diego Grullón.
http://www.miami-gt.com/

Seems like DDR Motorsports owner graduated from the Whodeanie School of Business.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoever you select, don't send money in hopes of getting anything. It could turn our right but I've never seen an industry that is so composed of scammers who are just out to separate you from your money. After you decide on a body, fly out or drive out with a trailer so that when you hand over your money you can see exactly what you are getting. Good luck on your project. It will surely cost you more than you planned on but when it works out it is a really rewarding experience.
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm also keeping my eyes open for unfinished projects. That could speed things up quite a bit.

Ya I read that page about DDR/ Miami GT ... Bummer. I talked to them a few months ago and they seemed like really nice. That car is my favorite as of right now but I don't want to deal with someone shady if that's the route there are starting to take.

We will see.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For reference, this is the KR 512:

Sandy has posted pics of his here on PFF and on Madmechanics. There's also another build at Madmechanics, I just can't find it...

Bob

Edit: Found it. Daleford's KR 512: http://www.madmechanics.com...uild-progress-9.html

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 04-29-2014).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Air Dynamics was voted by Kit Car Magazine as the best fit and finish kit car builder. I've seen probably a half dozen of his rebodies, and having built kit cars for years, I would have to agree.

http://www.mrkitcar.com/mrk...s.aspx?CompanyID=225

Just do a Google search in Images for Air Dynamics Kit Cars. Most of the images in the first dozen rows are John's bodies, including the Mustangs. You can sort through and see which are and aren't his.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 04-29-2014).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Air Dynamics was voted by Kit Car Magazine as the best fit and finish kit car builder. I've seen probably a half dozen of his rebodies, and having built kit cars for years, I would have to agree.

http://www.mrkitcar.com/mrk...s.aspx?CompanyID=225

Just do a Google search in Images for Air Dynamics Kit Cars. Most of the images in the first dozen rows are John's bodies, including the Mustangs. You can sort through and see which are and aren't his.

Air Dynamics is out of the game and sold the molds to Bart (aka Bartman).

Bob

ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that 512 is sharp. anyone know what he's asking for the kit/panels? i'll try to find him and shoot him an email if not.

thanks
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm also keeping my eyes open for unfinished projects. That could speed things up quite a bit.

Sometimes that's your best bet. All the "hard work" is already done.
http://claz.org/classifieds...cles?q=fiero+replica
------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-29-2014).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Bob

Is he out all together, or just Fieros? I passed by there on Saturday and it looked like he was still doing something. I haven't talked with him in a while, so I don't know.
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Sometimes that's your best bet. All the "hard work" is already done.
http://claz.org/classifieds...cles?q=fiero+replica

agreed, well except when you fall for the "i can fix this up" and turns out you just cant fix stupid lolol some projects are better left in the barn lol
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Bob

I own a N* AD355 spyder unfinished since I bought a Murci roadster and I sometimes entertain the idea of selling rather than finishing it. I won't take a huge loss on it though.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

that 512 is sharp. anyone know what he's asking for the kit/panels? i'll try to find him and shoot him an email if not.

thanks

Dale's is not for sale, those are car show placards in the window. Last I talked to the owner, the panels were $4500 cdn + shipping/crating.

Is he out all together, or just Fieros? I passed by there on Saturday and it looked like he was still doing something. I haven't talked with him in a while, so I don't know.

Last I heard was that they were doing some Lambo stuff, but I also heard of some issues on deliveries. I do not know if John was still involved or not. I've been in contacxt with Bart, he does have the F-car stuff.

Come to think of it, IKR (Italian Knight Rider) on MM also offers up a number of "pieces" for different makes and models.

Bob
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a vendor but a great deal for somebody who wants to build a Dino:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281...:WNA:US:1653&vxp=mtr
HAGO!
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Already put it in my watch list lol. For that price might be worth it just to buy it and hang on to it.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not a vendor but a great deal for somebody who wants to build a Dino:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281...:WNA:US:1653&vxp=mtr
HAGO!

A retro Dino would be real cool. I'd do that in a heart beat...

Bob
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOOOOOHOOOOOO I JUST BOUGHT THE MOLDS TO A KIT CAR. I'LL POST UP SOME PICS LATER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW MORNING. WOW I'M LIKE A KID AT CHRISTMAS. ITS SWWWWEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ttt123

314 posts
Member since Jan 2008
anybody want a kit lol ok not really i need to pic them up and see what all i have, either way i'll make it work for at least a one off.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Vendetta kit is probably my favorite kit that I've seen to date. I'd want to rework the font just a little and make it a hard top, but other than that I love it.
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The KR 512's look like the kit that the late Rand Berry was building at Marauder Cars back in the late 80's early 90's.
I have some of the development pics somewhere when he was starting that kit. It used a Fiero cabin with his Can Am front and rear frames that he used o his other kits (which I understand, most of which are being reproduced by Racecar Replica's). I'll post them here if I can find them.

[This message has been edited by larini74 (edited 04-30-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock