The Paul Vanderly Shop. by FFIEROFRED
Started on: 04-26-2014 04:26 PM
Replies: 6 (811 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 04-28-2014 12:32 PM
FFIEROFRED

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I asked around to find some body that remembered Paul Vanderlys shop. Every body that remembered him got a big smile when I asked about him. I found out his old shop ( were he did the SD-4 ) was just down the street and around the corner from my work place. My V8 fiero has the hood and deck lid from the "Vanderly Fiero" So to day after a car club meet at "Hooters" I took the hood and deck lid "home" to his shop. It was sold years ago. but this is it. In Biloxi, Mississippi.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How sad. Another vendor gone.

Nice car, though.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FFIEROFRED:

I asked around to find some body that remembered Paul Vanderlys shop. Every body that remembered him got a big smile when I asked about him. I found out his old shop ( were he did the SD-4 ) was just down the street and around the corner from my work place. My V8 fiero has the hood and deck lid from the "Vanderly Fiero" So to day after a car club meet at "Hooters" I took the hood and deck lid "home" to his shop. It was sold years ago. but this is it. In Biloxi, Mississippi.

A very nice tribute. I'm sure that Paul would have approved. He told me that in the "hayday" he had half a city block for his engine shop. I'm not sure of the exact location but I would imagine that this is it.
He had a lot of friends in that town. I still miss talking to him.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

A very nice tribute. I'm sure that Paul would have approved. He told me that in the "hayday" he had half a city block for his engine shop. I'm not sure of the exact location but I would imagine that this is it.
He had a lot of friends in that town. I still miss talking to him.

I talked with him on the phone quite a bit about the SD4 engine when I first started working on my Indy.
He was extremely helpful and more than willing to help me. Very cool.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car looks nice! Is Paul still alive?
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read thru the link, he was a Great person. He got to live his life doing what he loved.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock