Started on: 04-03-2014 12:44 AM
Replies: 3 (248 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 04-03-2014 08:13 AM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I was searching for schematics for the Fiero starting circuit and ran across this. It's a Fiero Rally Computer. Listed as Ultra Rare. How rare is it? Has anyone ever actually seen one?

http://www.pontiacperforman...o_Rally_Computer.jpg

------------------
Love my Fieros, S-curves and speed.
It's what driving was meant to be.

The preceding was sent on my 6 year old Dell Dimension 2350 desk top with CRT monitor and dot matrix printer.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroCanada

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Today I was searching for schematics for the Fiero starting circuit and ran across this. It's a Fiero Rally Computer. Listed as Ultra Rare. How rare is it? Has anyone ever actually seen one?

http://www.pontiacperforman...o_Rally_Computer.jpg

No cars were sold with them.
Was supposed to be a computer in the 86's that calculated mpg and such that was supposed to be in place of the map pockets.
Gm stopped the project on this In fear of them soon having to install airbags, and the computer would take the airbag area.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a post from the past, has great information about this. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-111788.html
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a search for rally computer and forgot to check archives. I read the first page of the link and found it very interesting. I'll read the rest when I get back this afternoon.

We had an 88 Beretta with the DIC, but I don't remember if it was in the instrument cluster, or overhead. It certainly didn't look like that. That location in the Fiero should have been labeled PIC for Passenger Information Center. It would be difficult for the driver to safely read and operate it. It would truly be for a rally navigator.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock