Non Fiero interior lights by Csjag
Started on: 03-16-2014 05:05 PM
Replies: 3 (180 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 03-17-2014 08:33 AM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgive me if this is a no no but I have a question about interior lights on of all things a Chevy Venture van. Its a 2004 that I just bought. It is supposed to have the interior lights that come on when you open the door and then go off after 25 seconds. The lights come on when you open the door but they do not go off, I have to switch them off with the disable switch on the overhead console. Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be? I have cleaned the contacts on the sliding doors and I have disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, no change. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That feature is part of the Body Module, and not the light assembly. Do a search on the forum for Body Module. There is a module you can get from a Firebird I believe it was, to add lots of those features to the Fiero.

EDIT:

Here are a couple threads to get you started:

Firebird BCM working!

Installing a Body Control Module in the Fiero

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-16-2014).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check dash dimmer... BCM still reads a switch most dimmers use to turn on dome lights.
others use a switch on dome light itself

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I notice that the dash dimmer switch that is supposed to turn the dome lights on if turned all the way to the right has no affect on the dome lights. Its an expensive part because it also includes the headlight switch. I wonder if there's any way to repair it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock