Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  NTFC Spring Events, March - June (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
NTFC Spring Events, March - June by blakeinspace
Started on: 03-12-2014 05:17 PM
Replies: 65 (1237 views)
Last post by: fieroseblack on 07-21-2014 06:48 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello NTFC, this thread is under construction and will serve for the coming shows and events we will participate in as a club.

----------------------------------
March 22nd
The first big activity is Spring Fling 9!... it is held in conjuction with our friends in Oklahoma, and we have a fun day planned for that Saturday. All details found in this thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093630.html

April 12th
Spring Fun Run 2014

The SFR will get an early start... please join the Fort Worth Cars & Coffee event in the early morning,
https://www.facebook.com/CowtownCarsCoffee?fref=ts
then head over to Cracker Barrel off Winscott to pick up the official route. Those that don't want to make C&C, just head over to the Barrel and be ready to leave with full fuel by 1000!
From there we will backroad our way to Granbury for lunch... then SCORE!... read below. After leaving Granbury I will take us through the Windmill Farm outside of Granbury, and maybe the flowers will cooperate enough that those interested can get some neat beauty shots.

We will do Bakers Crossing Rd too. Take the Paluxy Highway down to 67 and pop into GlenRose for some Pie. Maybe go see Widow Crockett to finish off the afternoon.

Major Coup! For a special activity, the Granbury Chamber of Commerce has contacted me and approved a private tour of the turn of the century powerstation, called The Granbury LightPlant. It has massive still functional diesel generators and will be a neat thing for any gearhead to pore over. Please join our cruise for this unique opportunity. Since the Lighthouse is close to the Granbury square, we will have lunch at Babes.

http://www.granburydepot.org/z/biog/LightPlant.htm

Bring yer Family Service Radios!... tune into channel 2 to keep up with Fun Run chatter.

Itenerary:
0700--0900, Cars & Coffee Fort Worth off 7th st, then make your way to Cracker Barrel (optional)
0930-1000, meet up at CB, visit, drivers meeting, be fueled up... head out at 1000
1000-1100, 60 mile windy road cruise to Babe's of Granbury
1300'ish... head a few blocks over for a private tour of the Granbury LightHouse
1400-1500, cruise down to GlenRose with a stop through the WindMill Farm
1500, PIE
1600, cruise back towards 377, cruisers head for home best route possible

April 25th-27th THERE IS NO 'REGULAR' MONTHLY MEETING FOR APRIL (hopefully you can attend Round-Up, but some club members may want to hold a meeting at Pappas anyway!)
Bat City Fiero/AAFO Round Up, San Marcos
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093317.html

Ben & Becca have a fun weekend planned, including a trip to the Natural Bridge Caverns!

For NTFC cruisers that can join us on Friday... lets meet at the Whataburger in Hillsboro off 35. 1402 Corsicana Hwy, Hillsboro, TX. There is gas there too.
We will meet at 0900 and plan on leaving at 0930. That should get us to the Austin area for lunch near 1115.

Then after lunch head to 2 of 3 possibilities... one of which is the fish hatchery. The others are the Lady Bird Wildflower Center or Aquarena Springs.
http://www.wildflower.org/visit/

http://www.aquarena.txstate.edu/Home-page.html

For Sunday.... it is an open invite to tour the new(ish) Circuit of the Americas F1 track. Cost there is $25, and you can go up the tower, into the garages, and taken around in a double decker bus!
http://circuitoftheamericas.com/tours

Any Round Up attendees and guests are welcome to join in at any point. The more the merrier!
Bring yer FSR's!
May 3rd
AER cancelled, it looks like the replacement show is nearby at a Sam Pack dealership.
I figured we will give it a try. We normally participate in a car show that weekend, and Round Up was moved to accomodate this tradition, so I would feel guilty if we did not go. I believe Sam Pack has an auto museum. Lets give this a shot. It is not too far away from AER.
http://www.ntmc.org/Home/24...llas-spring-national

May 24
Regular Monthly Meeting at Pappas

------------------------------------

on June 14th, Saturday late afternoon to evening, Cracker Barrel Car Show with the North Texas Mustang Club

NTFC will be a guest club, and there are several categories that our cars fall into so the chances of winning a plaque are very high on this attendee judged informal car show.
Come join us for a relaxing evening, and help us pick a supper spot after the show!

------------------------------------

June 28th, regular club meeting at Pappas

For the July and August dog days of summer meetings, we are talking about July Jim Swim and August Lynn Swim...
the guys have invited us for food and camraderie after those meetings.

---------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 06-04-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Becca and I will try to make it!!

Edit: To the Fun Run, not sure about the spring fling.

[This message has been edited by Marine1981 (edited 03-12-2014).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathy and I will make it to the Spring Fling with Barbie!

Again both of us are planning on going to the Spring Fun Run as well...but we will probably be taking BluDrm on that one!

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spring Fling down... next up is SFR 2014!

If you guys are not on twitter, follow northtexasfieroclub... Tom tweeted great pics of the Fling and funny captions.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spring Fling was a Blast. Always good to see the OKies. Good food, good friends and Blake. Regret not going to make the Fun Run, but will see you at Round-UP..........

Mike Parker
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
be careful of things that go bump in the night.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

be careful of things that go bump in the night.

Back in your cage Parker

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Back in your cage Parker

Who keeps forgetting to lock that dang cage?
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Who keeps forgetting to lock that dang cage?

Blake and Mike P. enjoy a moment. Matchin sweats, pants and foot ware. Goin steady!

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 03-31-2014).]

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We at the NTFC have a very tight knit group............................maybe too tight!

He was probably helping me not get blown off the rock. It was on top of Mount Scott in OK, wind was blowing hard and it was about 52 degrees without the wind. We had a great Spring Fling along with the Oklahoma Fieros.

Mike Parker

[This message has been edited by fieroseblack (edited 04-01-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
huh?... I saw someone with a hoodie... thought it was Trayvon Martin... and was holding them back from getting away...

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 04-01-2014).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumping because sweet new info about the SFR 2014 has been posted!... I have been working on this activity since before Christmas!
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great, wish I could be there.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Sounds great, wish I could be there.

If things stay the same I will get to go this time...I will run a few curves for u Mikey. ?
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you...................Mr. Poe!
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may just have to try to make the Fun Run.
If I do I`ll see you guys at the Cracker Barrel.
Mike
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like it will be a great day for a Cruise!... hope to see you all tomorrow.

Bring your camera and FSR's!
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blakeinspace

5923 posts
Member since Dec 2001
let me see if a link of the cruise route works... it will be handy if it does, people can just pop into their phones.

http://goo.gl/maps/J5fqC

yay!... it does.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 04-11-2014).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

It looks like it will be a great day for a Cruise!... hope to see you all tomorrow.

Bring your camera and FSR's!

I will be there.. Gout swollen toe and all...
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan and I will meet y'all in Granbury.
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Dan and I will meet y'all in Granbury.

Sweet..U bringing the Vette?
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Sweet..U bringing the Vette?

Yes!
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was good seeing NTFC friends today.
Good conversation, good food and good cars.
I had to fight a 20mph headwind going home on the bike so I am worn out.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 04-12-2014).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a great time today and enjoyed seeing everyone....

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really am proud of the way the day turned out... we had a real good turn out for Cowtown Cars & Coffee, then we cruised over to Cracker Barrel and picked up a few more cruisers including Mike Good coming up from Austin! BUT!... not even that trip gets the distance award... we got to meet Richard and Marlene from Houston! They left out at 0400 in the moring to meet us! From Cracker Barrel we made a pleasant morning run over to Granbury for lunch where we met the Abilene crew. Then we toured the turn of the century Light Plant. I did not get any pics of that, maybe someone else can post some. We then got some beauty shots at the Windmill Farm, got yelled at by a local tough guy in a F150 (yes... a durn near repeat of Lufkin Ruckus) and sadly the Paluxy Highway was being repaved. We made a detour to a less twisty road, enjoyed some Pie at the Peddlers, and then finished off at Big Rocks (maybe someone can post some pics of that cool place).

In Total, I think we had 11 Fieros and 4 other makes, including a Harley.
Here is a look at the SFR 2014 cruisers that stopped for a quick beauty shot:

Cruise Leader and official whipping boy for disgruntled yokels:

Dan and his prettier half

Ant and Sayra in OPAH

Darrin and Autumn in hopped Sol GXP

Tommy Boy -- nice brakes!

Pauls new 'vette

Richard and Marlene from Houston

Craig's nice Artic White SS

Mike Good's new Fiero

Austin's 3800sc with lambo doors

Wes and Holly hamming it up

Lynn's nice GT

Hope you guys enjoyed the day and look forward to the Fall Fun Run in November.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 04-18-2014).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few of mine.
At Cowtown Cars & Coffee

At Grandbury Light Plant

And of course at the Windmill Farm

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
added a possible itenerary for Fridays trip to San Marcos! Meet times and addresses above. Bring your radios.

Also, reminder there is no 'official' club meeting for April at Pappas on the 4th Saturday. I encourage everyone to attend the Round-Up that Bat City Fieros is hosting this year and join on the daytrip adventures I have planned for the trip.

There may still be some that show up at Pappas out of habit, which is cool. So if you cant make the RU, then a lunch run for BBQ to Pappas may be in order... just no guarantees on who will be there!
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
May 3rd
AER cancelled, it looks like the replacement show is nearby at a Sam Pack dealership.
I figured we will give it a try. We normally participate in a car show that weekend, and Round Up was moved to accomodate this tradition, so I would feel guilty if we did not go. I believe Sam Pack has an auto museum. Lets give this a shot. It is not too far away from AER.
http://www.ntmc.org/Home/24...llas-spring-national

Next show up...

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 04-29-2014).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

Next show up...

Gonna miss this one..Gotta work...
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, Fiero........but hitching a ride in the "Silver Bullet." AKA Jim East's silver Fiero. Be good to catch up with everyone since I set Round-Up out. Haven't missed one for more than 10 years. Oh well got a tee shirt or two.

Mike P.
PFF
System Bot
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At first I thought you were here in Kendallville at the mid America windmill museum.

They do hold an annual car show every year in June , I have not been to it yet ( car has to run first )
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kendallville, hey that looks like a cool place... I am a big fan of windmills.

So Sam Pack car show was this weekend, and it turned out to be a nice event. NTFC will continue using the NTMustangClub May event for our spring car show. Then venue was nice, the turnout was great, the museum was really cool, and the wrap up at Hard 8 was delicious.

We had 4 entries. Me, Tom, Austin, and Lynn. Turnout for our club was small, but next year the president will do a better job of promoting this show... I had my reservations because we were so comfortable at AER... but I was pleasantly surprised. My nephew Parker also joined us. Mike and Jim came out for the afternoon and supper, and Lynn & Austin's family also joined. It was a nice time...

There is an IMMENSE amount of behind the scenes work to pull off a show of this size... from set up, to take down, to ballot counting, to registration, to shirts, to parking lot duty, to prizes, to DJ, to food, to promotions, and to the 30 other things I missed... NTMC are great hosts and deserve our thanks for the years of a good club relationship.

Tom has some nice photo's on the Twitter... @NorthTexasFiero

Next event up is our regular NTFC meeting at Pappas! May 24th!
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mike P.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
regular NTFC meeting at Pappas! May 24th on this Saturday for lunch!

We did not have an April meeting due to the Round Up in New Braunfels, so this will be a great time to catch up with each other.

We will discuss how SFR 2014 went, events from the Round Up trip, how things were at the 'not AER' Show, and cover some coming events!

Hope to see everyone there... it looks to be a pleasant, windows down weekend!
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See all there!

Jim
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
on June 14th, Saturday late afternoon to evening, Cracker Barrel Car Show with the North Texas Mustang Club

NTFC will be a guest club, and there are several categories that our cars fall into so the chances of winning a plaque are very high on this attendee judged informal car show.
Come join us for a relaxing evening, and help us pick a supper spot after the show!
This makes several years running that our friends at NTMC have asked us to join. Lets show up in force and have a good showing for them!

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pics of the Sam Pack show have been posted from the Mustang Club, here is a link to one of the galleries:

https://picasaweb.google.co...ionalClassicCarShow#

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 06-11-2014).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT, see y'all at CB tomo!..

lady hit my rear bumper... so paint is starting to crack off it now...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock