Quick PSA by Darksyde
Started on: 03-10-2014 05:35 PM
Replies: 3 (289 views)
Last post by: ShockWave on 03-12-2014 05:05 AM
Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your Fiero hasn't moved in a while or has sat near or around a tree, do yourself a favor and thoroughly clean the engine bay before starting/driving. Made that mistake about 20 min ago. Started her up drove out of my driveway around the block and back, smelled something not so good. Turned around and saw flames coming up my window. Killed it, popped the lid and threw snow everywhere. It was only a small pile of leaves on the rear manifold and I caught it before it did any damage at all. Could have been far far worse. Just a warning, do yourself a favor and check the engine bay out first.

------------------

87' Fiero SE
03' BMW X5

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also check the blower motor resistor area up front. These can start fires too!

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...100421-2-099340.html

Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The thing that sucks is I know better. Ive had her long enough and been through this same process year after year. Just got a bit to excited during a nice day.....just thankful I caught it.
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can find the recall weather strip and clips, install it! Doesn't really keep water out all the way, but it WILL keep leaves and crap from falling in.

Also worth mentioning: look for mice nests, too. One tried to build one up under my passenger-side headlamp a few years ago.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock