Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Would anyone be willing to come lend a hand, please? [March 15th] (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Would anyone be willing to come lend a hand, please? [March 15th] by JohnWPB
Started on: 02-14-2014 03:02 PM
Replies: 72 (2037 views)
Last post by: 2002z28ssconv on 03-26-2014 07:59 PM
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I noticed that you are also missing this rear molding piece...Don't know if you have it or not.

IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought one from the Fiero Store, I have yet to locate it this week while going through stuff I have been buying and collecting for the past couple years....
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

This is the list of who's gonna be here as of now:

jdv
CaptnDean
JimmyS
2002z28ssconv
rrpo
fierogtlt1 (Possibly)
Black84originalowner

I will be there this Saturday with Chuck and Robert...See you then,I will remember to bring the replacement needle cap.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great! Here is the updated list:

jdv
CaptnDean
JimmyS
2002z28ssconv
rrpo
fierogtlt1
Black84originalowner

Anyone bringing their wives, friends, significant others? Just trying to plan a little for picking up food at the grocery store.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-11-2014).]

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone have fun. Hope it all goes together smoothly.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John you have a PM..
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, just a few hours now. I had a rough day today. I had to make an emergency dental appointment and have a tooth pulled this morning. no fun at all.... When I got home I got all the stuff together for the car in one place, and started prepping the food for tomorrow. See everyone in the morning.

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang...MUST BE NICE

Glad you are getting the assistance you needed...can't wait to see her finished!

Also...don't forget to take pictures though out the day!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-14-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chuck came by about a hour ago to pick up the gauge needle cap for your Fiero.Hopefully everything comes together for you in time.
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The world is waiting for updates and pictures
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

The world is waiting for updates and pictures

YES what he said
PFF
System Bot
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John's probably working on it again. I left after 10PM last night, didn't get home until 2:10.

We made a lot of progress but some wiring issues and trimming of the new carpet took WAY too much time. Fitting the bumper also took more time than expected.

I got there late due to a clogged fuel filter on my Fiero and JimmyS and Captain Dean were there working with John. There were a couple others that stopped by but were gone when I got there at noon. So just the four of us for the duration.

The doors are assembled with new glass, dew wipes and recovered door panels and arm rests.
New carpet is in. The dash is in. The front bumper is on. The headliner is trimmed to line up with the roof.

Yet to be completed:
Recover the headliner.
Install A & B pillar trim.
Bolt down the seats.
Install instrument cluster.
Install radio surround and center console
Install Wipers and plastic trim panel beneath them
Install vacuum canister and close up the vacuum leaks
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay in responding. I was wiped and went to bed shortly after Chuck left last night (at almost midnight I might add!). I spent most of today cleaning everything up, and trying to find a home for all the parts again that I had drug out to install.

MANY MANY MANY thanks to Chuck, Dean And Jimmy! I so appreciate all the help! I also would like to thank Jake for stopping by for a couple hours for moral support. The Dew Wipes were all installed, the new carpet trimmed and put in place. The backboard behind the seats was installed, the front bumper installed and aligned, and the dash put back in place.

Now, a word about customer service. Jimmy and I installed his 355i Bumper yesterday. It fought us a little bit with not wanting to line up 100% correctly. We got it on there and it looks good! Then, this morning, I get a phone call from Jimmy. He says he talked it over with Dan, his fiberglass guy, and want to fix it right. He asked me at some time probably after the Daytona show, to bring the car over and leave it at Dan's shop. Dan would completely re-work the bumper to 100% fit exactly to my car. On top of that they offered to paint it to match the rest of the car when he is done! THEN Jimmy offered to drive it back across the state to me and drop it back off! WOW! Now THAT is what I call standing behind one of your products! That level of customer service and support is virtually unheard of these days.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-18-2014).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! If only everyone stood by their products like that.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 03-16-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's good to hear you got quite a bit done on your Fiero.Hopefully
you will have it done in time for the Daytona show.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will be FAR from done if I get it to Daytona! I am doing everything I can to make sure it will survive the trip, but it will again, be far from being done.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What !!!!! no pics !!!!!
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What !!!!! no pics !!!!!

What he said John
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ever notice how impatient those northerners are?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Ever notice how impatient those northerners are?

You're right ...... better than being a southern slacker !!! or being retired and nothing better to do

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-17-2014).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately there are not a lot of changes that would show up in pictures. The bumper has been sitting on the car unattached, and now is completely bolted on and lined up, but looks the same. The interior carpet was in, but is now trimmed up, but looks mostly the same. The dash is sitting in the car, but no center armrest, console, radio surround or other trim. The headliner is not in, and the A & B pillars are also not in. So a lot of work was done, but nothing that can really be seen in pictures.

PFF
System Bot
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHAT!?!?! Those door panels I put on looked amazing! :P
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YIKES! ! ! ! ! I did forget about that in all the Chaos. Chuck installed the dew wipes, and the door panels. They DO look AMAZING! Chuck worked on them till around 11:00 PM to get them all in place and installed. Then it was time to order a pizza and relax for a little bit. Sorry Chuck, now I feel like a schmuck. I will get a photo of them tomorrow to post in this thread when it is daylight.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-18-2014).]

2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No biggie man! I was just razzing.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're right ...... better than being a southern slacker !!! or being retired and nothing better to do

Good thing I live and work in a Northern state; otherwise I might take offense, being the sensitive guy that I am. Where the heck are those pictures anyway!

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 03-21-2014).]

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Where the heck are those pictures anyway!

Same place as the keys, LOST
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do believe there were serious accusations of thievery with the keys. And now the pictures have been stolen!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a picture I took yesterday of the door panels. They really did come out looking nice with the black and the blue.

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really love the look of those door panels John.
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey look! There are the keys too.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chuck... really? You are getting in on the damn Key thing!?!?! LOL! Long story short, Danyel (aka BlackWidow) took the keys to Tylers Toy 2 years ago in Frazee, MN. For some reason I got the blame, while everyone was searching for them.

Made some progress on the car today! The updates are in my build thread, as to try to keep everything in one place.
PFF
System Bot
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did a bunch of work on my car this weekend too. Found some wiring issues, replaced the cone air filter, fixed a loose wire on my tach, found what was causing my heat slider to not make any difference if in hot or cool, broken clip where the cable attaches under the dash...

I also reprogrammed the PCM back to stock GTP settings. No change to how it's running though. From the logs I took, it looks like low fuel pressure and gets worse the longer the car runs. I ordered a new pump this weekend. If it gets here before Thursday I'll install it before Daytona. Otherwise, I'm not sure my Fiero will get driven all over the place.

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 03-23-2014).]

2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

I got there late due to a clogged fuel filter on my Fiero and JimmyS and Captain Dean were there working with John. There were a couple others that stopped by but were gone when I got there at noon. So just the four of us for the duration.

Well... Even after replacing the fuel filter, I have been having issues during long drives... So I picked up a fuel pressure test gauge and my pressure was 42 cold. After idling for about 30 minutes it had dropped to 20 and was having the sputter puke symptoms again. So that does it, bad fuel pump. The DeatschWerks pump is supposed to get here tomorrow. I just removed my Fiero's fuel tank tonight. I know that's never what you want to be doing the day before you're supposed to leave. But if FedEx drops off the new fuel pump tomorrow on schedule I'll cram it all back into the car and head to Daytona.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock