Sometimes, once in a long while, things go well by fast40driver
Started on: 02-06-2014 10:11 PM
Replies: 3 (270 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 04-11-2016 08:29 PM
fast40driver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an '88 Formula that I recently came by - Bought the car last summer for my nephew, fairly rough car, put a clutch, hydraulics and battery in it, and generally cleaned it up for him, and gave it to him. We were aware he was getting a lot of parking tickets - he was using our mailing address, but the car then got towed, and the notice came to us. Went down and bailed it out for $300 or so, come to find out he had $2000 in unpaid parking tickets against the car, and most of them had yet to double (unpaid for 30 days doubles). Anyway, jerked the car back, explained to him that it was not worth the tickets owing on it - he said he would pay them, but he is a student at this point, and in no position to pay anything.

Anyway, car had an exhaust leak, which as you all know can sometimes be no fun. Went to fix it, and suprise: Leak was on the trunk-side manifold - one nut was loose, all the nuts and bolts came out easily, no cracks on the manifold, just installed a new gasket, 1/2 hour, and good to go.

Sometimes even I get lucky.

Mike
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hah! I did this job.. it went from a Y-pipe, to a front manifold, to a whole head.
Best week of my life with the snow showers we had lately.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you logged your car into the database?

88 database guy
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fast40driver:

...come to find out he had $2000 in unpaid parking tickets against the car, and most of them had yet to double (unpaid for 30 days doubles).

Any kid that racks up $2000 in parking tickets in a month(!) doesn't yet have enough maturity and/or responsibility to be driving a car... IMO.

Yes, this is an old thread that I just happened to stumble upon.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock