Started on: 02-02-2014 07:52 PM
Replies: 31 (1342 views)
Last post by: craigsfiero2007 on 06-12-2014 08:06 PM
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never had a Build Thread on any of my Fieros. Hopefully I can keep this one out of the Archives to log the stuff I do to my Formula.

Onto the "Good Stuff"

This is how I got this Fiero

When I got her on Jan 15, 2014 from blackrams here on PFF. She sat for roughly 2.5 years until I bought her. I needed to get her running to ensure everything was in working order. So the following weekend, I changed the oil and oil filter and purchased a new battery. Then I drained the stale gas out of the tank because I didn't want to risk the gas creating more issues. Then I installed the 17" Konig Lace wheels on it so I could get the Centerlines off and sell those. This Fiero has a Cadillac 4.9 installed by The Fiero Factory, along time ago (circa 2002, I'm guessing). She also has the 12" Corvette Brake Upgrade.

This is how she sat after that day. This was also the day she ran for the first time in 2.5 years

On to today (Feb 2, 2014). I gave her a Plug and Wire Tune Up (that was a pain) and I put in the a new Thermostat because she was overheating because the old Thermostat was seized up. I also took the shifter console out so I can repair it and install the shifter boots that I have for it. I also installed some scoops. Then my friend called and asked me to help him fix his STi.

This is how she sits as of today.

Things I need to do:

• Replace Driver Side Rear Caliper (Still need to bleed the system some more )
  • Rebuild Headlight Motors (Done!)
  • Install Front License Plate (Got It!)
  • Complete Tune Up
  • Fix Turn Signals(Fixed!)
  • Do away with the Marine Battery Box that was used for a Front Mount Battery Relocation (Done!)
  • Fix Marker Lights (LED Upgrades will be going in)
  • Buy new Power Window Switches
  • Install New Speakers
  • New Brake Hoses
  • New Driver Side Rear Brake Caliper
  • New Aluminum Brake Master Cylinder
  • New Door Hinge Pins and Bushings
  • Fix the Front Spoiler (the hole on the bumper is broke)
  • Fix Fuel Hoses
  • New Brake Rotors and Pads
  • Install Pioneer 747017 Vacuum Modulator on transmission
  • Needs New Dew Wipes
  • Needs better Tail Lights (the ones on the Fiero are cracked, broken, and sun damaged)

Things I plan to do (not necessarily need):

• Install Bosch Type III Injectors (Made a Huge Difference in the way she runs)
  • doublec4's LED Tail Lights (I have them together)
  • Fieroguru's Lateral Link Relocation Kit
  • Lower It with Rear Coilovers and Rodney's Lower Lowering Ball Joints (Got the parts)
  • New Wing Stands
  • Bigger Brake Booster Upgrade
  • Vertical Door Hinges (I just think they are cool on Fieros, plus it will be easier to get in if someone parks on top of me)
  • Install some new sail panels
  • Do something different with the exhaust, other than the Fiero Factory Exhaust thats on it.
  • New Interior ( the beechwood in my Fiero is pretty sun damaged, so a new interior is in order..... one day)
  • A Paint Job (it will probably be a while until I get that done) (I might Plastidip it for now though)
  • Engine Swap (probably will be a while until this gets done too) (I have decided that I really want to do a 3800 Turbo setup)

I hope to have it on the road by March June 2014. Thanks for Reading! I welcome criticism, advice, comments, questions, etc.

[This message has been edited by craigsfiero2007 (edited 05-25-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the community ! Awesome car and look forward to your build

Boz

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

When I got her on Jan 15, 2014 from blackrams here on PFF.

Well, that's a good start.

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Welcome to the community!

You know he's been here as long as you have, right?
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
add.... "attend a local Virginia Fiero Owners Association meeting" to your list.

... just kidding

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
88 GT, SIII 3800NA/Auto swap underway
LS Build Thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083204.html
LS on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0
3800 build thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 02-02-2014).]

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Well, that's a good start.

Ron is a great guy. I am glad I got to purchase a Fiero from his stable.

Originally posted by qwikgta:

add.... "attend a local Virginia Fiero Owners Association meeting" to your list.

... just kidding

Rob

LOL! I plan to attend this upcoming meeting so I can meet everyone. I have the thread in the Events section favorited.

[This message has been edited by craigsfiero2007 (edited 02-02-2014).]

Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice build log. New wing stands? Are you raising/lowering/or just replacing stripped stock ones? I think some stealth wing stands would look sick on there if they are ever produced again.

Also, its cool you managed to snag a set of Lazy C scoops. I saw a thread on here awhile ago about them. I didn't even know they were a thing.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Big Paul:

Nice build log. New wing stands? Are you raising/lowering/or just replacing stripped stock ones? I think some stealth wing stands would look sick on there if they are ever produced again.

Also, its cool you managed to snag a set of Lazy C scoops. I saw a thread on here awhile ago about them. I didn't even know they were a thing.

Thank You! I will post here about my new wing stands when I get them. I gotta take the wing off anyways because its deeply damaged from the sun.

Yup, I managed to find a set of Lazy C Scoops. I have always want a set since I first saw them when I got into Fieros in 2007.

I have thought about Plastidipping my Fiero a Matte Orange Color until I can get it painted. I think I like the Orange on Beechwood.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

craigsfiero2007

3979 posts
Member since Aug 2007
Well, my injectors arrived today. I got them off of eBay from seller osidetiger. They are rebuilds that are also flow matched and they use Viton seals when they rebuild them. The injectors also come with a 1 year warranty.

The injectors came in this bag which was inside one of those USPS VCR Boxes.
eunospeed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eunospeedSend a Private Message to eunospeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome.... I've known Ron for years and he is a great guy. Didn't know he was selling the 4.9. Does he have any cars left? ;-(
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eunospeed:

Welcome.... I've known Ron for years and he is a great guy. Didn't know he was selling the 4.9. Does he have any cars left? ;-(

Thanks! Even though I have been around for a few years. LOL! Ron does still have a couple of Fieros though. He just decided to part with this one because it was just sitting around.

Well, these came in today from Rodney Dickman (Thanks Rodney!) Along with my Front License Plate Holder from mrfiero (Thanks Mike!)

Now for some install pics.

The victims

First Victim, this is the Driver Side. Its not bad, but I figure it won't be long before its the bad one. Might as well do it right the first time.

See not too bad

New metal gear going in

Onto the the Passenger Side, the bad one.

All Clean

New Metal Gear going in the Passenger Side Motor

These should last along time. I will probably put them back in the Formula tomorrow since its cold out now. I hate winter.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my newly rebuilt headlight motors back into the Fiero today. They work perfectly. I ordered some Turn Signal Relays for the Turn Signals and Hazards. I just need to fix the front battery tray issue, fix the driver side rear caliper and install the front plate holder and she will be ready for the road.

Any ideas on how to repair the hole in the bumper for the front spoiler?

[This message has been edited by craigsfiero2007 (edited 02-06-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well. I have been gathering parts and some tools for my Fiero. I just ordered a TemCo Crimping Tool so I can get longer wires to hook up the battery better and crimp them securely. I will probably re-run the battery cables when I can get the Fiero on a lift, once its registered. If it will warm up for a few days, I can knock out alot of my work that needs to be done.

I did get in my Turn Signal Relays (to make way for doublec4's LED Tails once I get them) and installed them. The Turn Signal works great but the Hazards don't with the new relay, I think the prongs on the relay are not exactly long enough to get a connection.

Over the weekend, I picked up a NOS Formula Front Bumper Cover, so I won't have to repair that messed up hole for the front spoiler and the weird trim rot thats going on.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So today was a nice day outside. I gave in and purchased a "New" Driver Side Caliper from Amazon. Took my vacuum pump and pulled out the old fluid, then put new fluid in it and bled the system. Got in the car and the pedal went straight to the floor, so I am guessing my Master Cylinder took a crap on me. I know one thing on this car that will never be done again is that parking brake spring.

So to feel like I got something accomplished today, I went to install my V8 Archie Battery Tray. The pop rivets I have are too short to work. Nothing is going too well with this Fiero. To top it all off, the motor burns a healthy dose of oil, so I might be doing an engine swap sooner than I care for.

But I did get it registered at the DMV today. They robbed me of 2 hours this morning.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad the car went to someone who will enjoy it.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I am glad the car went to someone who will enjoy it.

I will really enjoy it once she gets on the road.

So I have been doing some research on why I am seeing white smoke, it real heavy upon start up and then its steady. I know I am not burning coolant because I haven't lost any and the exhaust doesn't smell sweet, so that eliminates a head gasket. I have read on a few Cadillac forums and various other forums that it may be some bad injectors or it could be the vacuum modulator on the transmission. So I might go investigate tomorrow. I haven't actually driven the car because of the brakes not working and because it wasn't registered until today, but I had put in a half of a tank of fuel in it after I drained the fuel after only running it a handful of times, she is almost empty. So that leads me to believe that I may have some bad fuel injectors, that also explains the hesitation when I rev it up some.

Good thing I bought those Bosch Type III Injectors then.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, today was sort of a nice day. The sun was out so it was kinda warm enough to work on the Fiero for a few hours. I decided to go ahead and replace the Injectors with the Bosch Type III Injectors and get my battery tray in place.

Here is a picture of when I got the fuel rail out with the old injectors.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

New Bosch Type III's on.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

All in all, it wasn't too bad. I took my time. Getting the old injectors off was a bit of a pain because the seal was pretty tight.

Now to the battery box situation.

This is the old setup. Its an old Marine Battery Box that at one time was held in by a couple pieces of plastic and some screws. I think this was done by the Fiero Factory when they swapped in the 4.9

At another angle without the battery in it.

Here it is after today.

Once my new battery cable crimper comes in, I will be able to run the battery wires and have the battery all hooked up. Today, Rockauto got $234 of my dollars for some brakes pads, Shocks, struts, and parking brake cables. A Master Cylinder from Amazon is also on the way so I can finally bleed the brakes.......again. This is going to be a new Fiero by the time I am done with it. LOL!
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, today was a nice day. I spent all day working on it. I got the battery all secured and re-ran the battery cables with new connections. Much better now. I also got my KYB Front Shocks installed, the old ones were toast, absolutely no rebound.

I spent a majority of my day installing the Brake Master Cylinder and bleeding the brakes. I still have no brakes.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

craigsfiero2007

3979 posts
Member since Aug 2007
I forgot to mention. After getting the battery all hooked up and secure. I was able to start the Fiero for the first time with the new Bosch Type III Injectors. What a difference it made in the idle and some revs. Before, it acted like it needed a tune up bad, now she is pretty smooth. Definitely a worth while upgrade for a 4.9 Powered Fiero.

Come Monday, I won't get to work on her for the next 3 weeks because I will be gone for some Army Training. So my goal of getting her on the road by March is pretty much shot.

[This message has been edited by craigsfiero2007 (edited 02-22-2014).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

I forgot to mention. After getting the battery all hooked up and secure. I was able to start the Fiero for the first time with the new Bosch Type III Injectors. What a difference it made in the idle and some revs. Before, it acted like it needed a tune up bad, now she is pretty smooth. Definitely a worth while upgrade for a 4.9 Powered Fiero.

Come Monday, I won't get to work on her for the next 3 weeks because I will be gone for some Army Training. So my goal of getting her on the road by March is pretty much shot.

yea, but the wx should be better when you get back, maybe it will stay as warm as it was today.

Rob
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

yea, but the wx should be better when you get back, maybe it will stay as warm as it was today.

Rob

I hope the weather stays nice or gets nicer by the time I get back. I got some brakes to bleed. LOL.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

craigsfiero2007

3979 posts
Member since Aug 2007
So today it was nice out again. So I decided to figure out why I only have one speaker and to install my new JBL 4x6 Plate Speakers

Installed. This is the Passenger Side, I installed the Driver Side too, but I got anxious to hear them so I didn't get a picture of that side. I have to "modify" the hole some to allow space for the speakers.

This was the result of yesterday's venture with the Battery. I think it came out pretty nice.

Yesterday, after I finished installing the KYB Shocks up front and lowered the Fiero. I noticed I probably gained about a 1/2" to 1" in gap up front. She looks like a Monster Truck now.

My Fiero has some company now, my neighbor just picked up a 1996 Mystic Cobra that has only 21,000 miles on it. Very Pretty Car.
PFF
System Bot
eunospeed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eunospeedSend a Private Message to eunospeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What width/offset are your Konig Lace wheels? Liking the car ;-)
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eunospeed:

What width/offset are your Konig Lace wheels? Liking the car ;-)

Thanks! The Fronts are 7" wide with a 40mm offset and the Rears are 8" wide with a 35mm offset.

I can't wait to get back home to get back to working on her.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I came back from Training on the 18th and started in on the Fiero again. I decided to tear into doublec4's LED Tail Light Kit and chip away at it over a few days. Here is how much I got done in about 5 hours of work.

And how much I got done today. Spent about another 5 hours on it again today, including breaks.

I also decided to install my Speedhut Gauges too since I am doing electrical stuff today anyways and to take a break from Soldiering. I still need to install the overlays on the Aux gauges and the AC Controls.

Tomorrow I plan to go back outside, since its suppose to be nice outside tomorrow, and tackle the brake bleeding again. I bought a Phoenix Systems Reverse Brake Bleeder tool, I really hope this way of bleeding will be better. I have a ton of parts that need installing, but it would make my life much easier if I can get the brakes working properly so I can drive it to the Auto Crafts Shop here and install all the parts on a lift.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the brakes still don't work. But I did get some shifter knobs in the mail today that mmeyer86gt/gtp recovered for me. Excellent Craftsmanship.

This one is a Cadillac Knob. Its out of a 1999 DeVille Concours with a dark tan interior so the button on the back is sort of not really close to Saddle, but you can't see it anyways. He recovered it beautifully.

I found a Camaro Knob so I figured I would have him recover it in case I want to change it up. This one is also recovered beautifully.

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got my new brake caliper in the mail and installed and gravity bled it. Today is the first day my Fiero was driven since it was parked 2.5 years ago. I now have brakes. The brakes are a little soft, soft enough where the brake light comes on occasionally, so they will probably need some more bleeding, that will be on tomorrow evening's to do list. I am much more excited now. Progress!
Venomous

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VenomousSend a Private Message to VenomousEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent progress so far. Did the white smoke stop with the new injectors?
And are those MR2 scoops that are installed on the decklid?

------------------

87 GT: Need to get road worthy first
92 Cutlass Vert: LX9/20s/tons more
01 Impala: Wifes taxi
99 Blazer: Parts hauler/winter beater

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2014 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Venomous:

Excellent progress so far. Did the white smoke stop with the new injectors?
And are those MR2 scoops that are installed on the decklid?

Thanks! The white smoke did stop with the new injectors, the old Multitec Fuel Injectors were junk. The scoops are Lazy C Scoops, I am probably going to take them off until I get some more deck lid vents I don't mind cutting up.

I drove it around today and went to the Auto Craft Shop and put it on a lift to bleed the brakes again because the pedal is still too soft. After checking for leaks all over with someone pressing the brakes, I have come to the conclusion that my Master Cylinder is junk. The positive out of this is my brakes are going to be awesome. The downside, more money!
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been in pain for the past 3 weeks, something is wrong with my Kidneys and the doctors don't really know, I am forced to wait until they figure out when and where my Urology appointment will be. So I haven't been able to work on my Fiero. I did go out yesterday to start it and found that I now have a fuel leak coming from hoses from the fuel filter and return line. Hopefully my Fiero will be on the road soon, I believe the brakes are sorted out, I am not going to drive it on the street until I get new rotors and pads on, the ones on the car are pretty corroded.

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On May 8th I got around to working on my Formula some more. I am still in a good amount of pain from my Kidney's but this sitting around stuff is killing me so I decided to go work on the Fiero and deal with it.

I purchased some 5/16 Gates Barricade Fuel Injection Hose from eBay and I made a Run to O'Reilly's for a Pioneer Transmission Modulator part# 747017

After I got one hose in. I discovered that the other hose was 3/8, so I had to make another parts run but this time to Car Quest and I picked up 4' of 3/8 Gates Barricade hose, which cost me the same as I paid for the 25' of Barricade Hose reel off of eBay. Oh well.

Here is the source of my fuel leak, luckily it was spraying toward the ground and not the motor, which would've been very bad.

Then I installed my new adjustable Vacuum Modulator and made 4 turn of the adjustment screw. The difference between the stock vacuum modulator and the Pioneer one is funny.

Today, I drove it around and I can notice a huge difference in shifts than before, much quicker. Now I am just waiting on my brake rotors to show up from fieroguru and I believe she will be ready for the road. Finally!
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I installed my 12" Corvette Rotors that I received from fieroguru along with some new Raybestos Brake Pads. Drove the Fiero around the block and the right rear brake rotor is sticking now, not sure if the e-brake is stuck or I didn't reset the piston all the way. I am probably going to tear into it tomorrow to see whats up with it. The drive was short so nothing got messed up, the rotor just got real hot. She is much closer to being on the road full time, I plan on driving it almost everyday once I get the brakes fully sorted out.

I also found out that I need to fix the door rattle on both sides, it got annoying real quick on my short drive. It sounds like it needs the Ford Strikers and some door pins/bushings. One day she will get Vertical Doors if they are still obtainable.
PFF
System Bot
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got the Fiero inspected the other day and it passed. I have been driving it for the past couple days. So far so good. I still need to lower it and install my coilovers for the rear. She goes good, she just has a few little quirks that I will work out over time like the door rattle. LOL!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock