Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any suggestions on how to keep windows from fogging up in winter? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any suggestions on how to keep windows from fogging up in winter? by THE HONN FAMILY
Started on: 01-22-2014 07:16 AM
Replies: 43 (816 views)
Last post by: THE HONN FAMILY on 01-25-2014 10:07 AM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Windshield defrosters are a federal requirement. You can't get a streetable vehicle without it.
IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the previous couple of posts were referring to REAR window defrost...which is electric.

As for the 2nd button from the right...yeah the manual says that some air goes to the windshield, but the Fiero does not have a separately operated a/c control so that air will not be a/c i.e. dehumidified, to it's not going to help much in clearing the windshield.

I at least fixed that on my car in that I added a separately operated A/C control so I can get a/c air coming out of the heater and defrost vents at the same time.

David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sometimes close the center console vents, aim the side vents at the side windows & switch between vent and defrost as needed to keep the side windows & windshield clear.
THE HONN FAMILY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for THE HONN FAMILYSend a Private Message to THE HONN FAMILYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was my first information post and I think it's cool that there is so much interest! i drove in 0 temp yesterday just because I'm bored out of my mind recouping from surgery, What I found is, way more heat in the cabin on vent with fan on low. It actually cooked me out. My left foot got a bit cold. Now if I went to heat I had to put blower on 3/4 just fo stay mildly warm. I hear all the flappers working but can't even tell you where the (heat) is coming from. Vent good, heat bad, defrost fair.

------------------
( Create a team, analyze, make a plan, then ask the wife if it's OK.)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock