Started on: 01-17-2014 11:00 PM
Replies: 26 (705 views)
Last post by: revin on 05-01-2015 01:20 PM
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in process of redoing my IMSA body. Also upper and lower ball joints, tie rods, poly bushings and some body mods. Paint to come later
As I took off the front fender I found this:

Can't really read the date or other writen info. Looks like 1988
So I have a certified DGP IMSA.
Anyone have the scoop on these stickers? Did they put them on as they built the car?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very cool !

Revin you plan to put the chin spoiler back on ? i think it looks better with the spoiler.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a dgp deck scoop that had one on it it usually has the inspectors name part number and date of manufacture.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Making my own front spoiler.
Yeah the date and inspector # is on there, This was on a body part though(sounded weird)
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think they were on all the parts most probably fell off since then. It could be a warehouse stock sticker or easier way of identifying the parts if in need of replacement or repair.
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey! that looks familiar!
NICE IMSA!!!! I'm doing the same with mine (chassis is done, badly needed body work and paint is
on the list for this summer).
Member SuperchargedV6 here in the forum will chime in, he has a vast knowledge of the DGP cars.
Good luck with your project!
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah he knows all.

you have a nice car as well!!
Just never heard of anyone posting a sticker from their IMSA before. I kinda like it.

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 01-18-2014).]

SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool tag and have a feeling it is 1986 as they close at the end of 1988 and that tag is pushing it but I could be 88. I would not say the tag means it was built at DGP but that it was inspected before it left and was glued on the inside. Reason would be for safety. They sold plenty of the kits as well as built them. Maybe one day he will pull up the records with vins but for now it is a mystery on the builds.

Keep in mind they were making bodies for Iroc-z's, Indy race cars, Monza's, Trans Ams, Fieros and much much more. This recent article on Bob talks about the different cars they built. Also this is Bob and his wife. Rick B

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick,
You ALWAYS come through!
So do you think ol' Bob is on facebook? Or maybe have some knowledge on the vin # still?

I just thought it was so cool to have that sticker fall into my hand when I took the panel off for a mod.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I have talked with him in the past about this car and he didn't remember. Keep in mind it may not have been this color when built. Bob is not on Facebook. He does spend allot of time going around the country to big shows still and has some group get together's each year as he was so far reaching and touched so many car enthusiasts besides the Fiero's I have thought about setting up something for him where may of his car styles meet. Rick B
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool! I'm in . Just say when and where.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
theirs a couple of them on my stage 3 body IMSA, You dident know yours was a DGP revin?

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 01-21-2014).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
for the topic Us IMSA guys gots stick together, Cant let the "Real mera in paradise" thread have all the fun

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 01-21-2014).]

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well yeah I knew, But to have confirmation..... priceless

So........ When will the 1st annual IMSA meeting begin? Place?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Dunno... the question is how am i going to get 2 of them there lol

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brag, brag, brag

get a girlfriend or better, a wife(they get half) lol
problem solved
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I really like the looks of this car, maybe someday I'll get an IMSA kit!

h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

for the topic Us IMSA guys gots stick together, Cant let the "Real mera in paradise" thread have all the fun

You know what PK......this might be something to shoot for at the 35th. Would be pretty cool to have a
"gathering" for the wide bodies

[This message has been edited by h.d.fire (edited 01-21-2014).]

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dunno... the question is how am i going to get 2 of them there lol

It is called a trailer
R Runner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If we are having an IMSA get together, I'm in! (I'm assuming that my car qualifies even though it is not a street IMSA.... true?)
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Naturally all Wide Bodies are welcome and we can class original DGP bodies and new style builds if they are not of DGP panels. Paul , yours is made from original panels with plenty of story behind them which is all part of the DGP legend. Rick B

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Brag, brag, brag

get a girlfriend or better, a wife(they get half) lol
problem solved

Bringi up another question which one would I give up haha... But in the long run only one of them is a DGP so if its a DGP gathering only the dole would be welcomed.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by BrittB:

I really like the looks of this car, maybe someday I'll get an IMSA kit!

keep an eye out on the forum and on craigslist. I got my 2 IMSA's through them, My other one is a fastback wide body by IRM. they don't come up often but when they do most of the time people don't know what they have.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 01-22-2014).]

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why wait till the 35th??
We can surely meet up somewhere , say sometime toward the end of summer??? Maybe in Oct? Maybe in Dallas,TX??
Give all time to get cars ready for a road trip. (like me) so we need to put a date further out.

I bet it would draw a Fiero crowd , just to come see the cars.
Maybe some track posing? Cruise route? What about a road rally where we start from one side of the country and meet up with others along the way?
No awards cause we all have our rewards with the IMSA's

So WHO wants to head this thing up? come on we can do it. I know both Rick's wants to.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why wait till the 35th??
We can surely meet up somewhere , say sometime toward the end of summer??? Maybe in Oct? Maybe in Dallas,TX??
Give all time to get cars ready for a road trip. (like me) so we need to put a date further out.

I bet it would draw a Fiero crowd , just to come see the cars.
Maybe some track posing? Cruise route? What about a road rally where we start from one side of the country and meet up with others along the way?
No awards cause we all have our rewards with the IMSA's

So WHO wants to head this thing up? come on we can do it. I know both Rick's wants to.

That is if I move back to texas lol... PA is a hike for that old bird.

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still looking forward to this!!!

BUMP

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock