Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How many members over 60 but not old farts? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How many members over 60 but not old farts? by fierobug
Started on: 11-21-2013 05:06 PM
Replies: 58 (1378 views)
Last post by: fierobug on 11-27-2013 06:56 PM
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I don,t know what a Old Fart is. If someone ever called me that I punch him in the face. That being said, I'm 77, I drive a bad a$$ car,and this car is driven almost every day. Have a thirty-five yr old wife and a twenty-three yrs old mistress and they both pregnant. Just kidding about the women. I drive a 87 GT with a 3800SC series III that was install about four yrs ago. Well just finished changing the ICM, coil pack and the crank sensor and a case learn, and if you don't think that fun try it with the motor in the car. That being said now I have to change the idler pulleys. Well here is a couple of pic's of the old rust bucket.

IP: Logged
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, suddenly being 77 doesn't sound so bad if you get to have a car like that. Nice ride. And page 2 ownage on top.

[This message has been edited by Grantman (edited 11-23-2013).]

Predicador

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PredicadorClick Here to visit Predicador's HomePageSend a Private Message to PredicadorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
63 in a couple weeks. Restoring our 86 SE we bought new, gave to wifes sister 14 years ago, they did not take very good care of it. Mostly cosmetic. Do most of my own work.
Also, build and ride my 81 Harley which is in a rigid frame, been like that for 27 years. Bought it new in 81.

old biker saying works for Fiero's too: "You don't quit working on your Fiero because you got old, you got old because you quit working on your Fiero"

Blessings,
Jims88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RayOtton:

62 last month but I only notice when I look in the mirror.

I can relate to that comment RayOtton.
I'm coming up on the 60s fast and when I look in the mirror I think; who the f**k is that?

This is a Great topic and all your guys posts, give me hope and inspiration that I have a a lot more years of play time left!
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't quit working on your Fiero because you got old, you got old because you quit working on your Fiero"

The fiero takes my mind off everything for awhile. Gives me enjoyment and a sense of accomplishment even if fixing a minor thing. I haven't entered the big league yet - engines etc. That's good - I have all kinds of things to look forward to! Basically 60 going on 18.

[This message has been edited by fierobug (edited 11-24-2013).]

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2013 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im 71 ,,Ive been in some horendous accidents & my hands do not work properly,I can no longer remove engines ,but I do all work that does not require engine or transmission removal. & still some times trouble shoot for others ,,,21/2 years ago fought a russian kick boxer in a street fight (purse snatcher)did O.K.,, but martial skills have gone way down hill the past 2 years
.loosing ability to operate clutch,,need softer clutch or auto, due to leg injury
I hate to polish & wax now,, hate car clean up & detail work
Im feisty,, not as lean but still as mean USMC
86 Fiero GT 4 speed,drive it at least 4 times a week..
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm 64 and I'm not lying down yet !

------------------

Car History: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Praise the Lord! Thank you california kid!

woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IICool - I love your hood treatment. Is it also a functional vent for the radiator? Beautiful car.

Woody
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe there is a law, or it may be part of the U.S. Constitution, I'm not sure. It actually makes it a federal offence to use the phrase “old fart” or the adjective “old” to describe anyone who is the proud owner of a Pontiac Fiero. It is actually part of the non-discrimination statutes that evolved during the late ‘80s and early ‘90s. Up held by the Supreme Court, it requires the offender to spend many hours detailing, waxing and polishing the injured party’s Fiero. The hours of labor are calculated by adding the age of the Fiero and the age of that Fiero’s owner. So, let that be a warning to all who would be ignorant enough to malign or slander those of us who care for and preserve these fascinating automobiles.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodyhere:

IICool - I love your hood treatment. Is it also a functional vent for the radiator? Beautiful car.

Woody

Woody you are one hundred percent correct, it is a functional vent. And thanks for the comment on the car. It follow me home along time ago like 1987.
Ken

PFF
System Bot
87spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have owned 5 Fieros since 1985......Now I'm 62 and loving them even more......Have just 2 convertibles left....

88GT, owned since new....sold her last month

87 coupe Convertible/3800 Supercharged.......still mine....

88GT Automoda Convertible/3800 Supercharged......still mine...

------------------
1988 FieroGT (Stock)
1988 Fiero GT Convertible 3.8 S.C.
1987 Fiero Coup Convertible 3.8 S.C.

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roaring up on 76 soon (January 10) and still drive my '84 Notchie with 3800SC. Recent back fusion surgery makes entry and exit rough in the car but things are getting better.

Old Fart? Not by my definition. My wife is 19 years younger than me and we've been married 34 years. At 56, she's still my sweet young thing, though.

Glad to see other people in our generation doing what they want to do at a ripe age.
V8 Vega

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2013 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 VegaSend a Private Message to V8 VegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am 70 and had my 87 GT 5 speed for 12 years just wrecked it recently. It was stock but looked and ran good and I drove it regularly. Worth about $3,000 by comparable Craigslist ads before the wreck and I sold it for $600.
I still have a 87 Prelude Si 88 CRX Si and 95 del Sol Vtec all are stick shift.
I am getting lazier and pay a mechanic to do some work on my cars, I found a mechanic I like otherwise I would do more of the work.
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really sorry to hear about your fiero V8Vega. I hope your OK. I just finished a refresher driver course to get a break on insurance. Did it online too. Drivers of rochester,ny are scaring the bjeebers out of me on the the road. Twice been hit from behind (not the fiero gt). Glad I took the course! Again, thank God your OK. Anyway, thanks.

[This message has been edited by fierobug (edited 11-26-2013).]

OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I turned 61 this month and I still think I'm 25. Although I don't mash the gas as often as I used to.
Marc
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am 63 and still tinkering with Fieros. Been at since 1992 and see no reason to stop. The younger guys in the NTFC help me from time to time with physical stuff. I enjoy being the old fart, as well.

Mike Parker
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im 66 and still do just about everything I did at 30. I still do almost all my own car work. I retired more or less, but still do some work for old customers. I spent the summer and fall remodling the interior of my motorhome to suit me and my lifestyle more. I like roomy & comfy...I dont need to sleep 7.
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This topic has helped me get a handle on members having a great time enjoying their cars even when the birthday XX change. Young at heart. Great to know your all out there. Thanks everyone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock