Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How many members over 60 but not old farts? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How many members over 60 but not old farts? by fierobug
Started on: 11-21-2013 05:06 PM
Replies: 58 (1378 views)
Last post by: fierobug on 11-27-2013 06:56 PM
fierobug

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was wondering how many old dudes there are that are maintaining their FIero's. I found a silver 87 fiero gt a couple years ago with very low miles and great condition, 2 miles down the road. Of course the more I learned from members the more I realized what needed to be replaced and so on. Been reading why we all love Fiero's so much and I couldn't agree more. Still am confused though why I'm so damn addicted to the car. Thought, I got to sell this freakin thing because I'm fixing everything there is and its driving me nuts!!!!! Was reading how expensive new performance cars are (WTF) and it gave me some incentive to continue working on it. Just would like to know how many members are 60 plus and still cruising and fixing things.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be 73 in Jan. I just got my 1st Fiero in Oct. of last year.
I love it.
Jim

------------------
When I read about the evils of drinking.
I gave up reading.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Super! What did you find? Glad you are enjoying it. I love driving anywhere even when I'm not sure if it will make it. Finished reading see its a black gt. The one I have was black and they painted it silver. If I have the money someday I'd paint it mettalic blue. Also, I'll be 60 this year. So what, right?

[This message has been edited by fierobug (edited 11-21-2013).]

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm 63 and owned my 84 for 15 years. I'm not an old fart in my mind but slowly my body is getting old farty.
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's what I need to hear! My body says what are you gonna do on the car this weekend? My brain says man this is fun crawling around under the car looking at crap that needs attention.

[This message has been edited by fierobug (edited 11-21-2013).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
61 driving and maintaining this ---

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, now were talking! Really nice looking car. Thanks for the picture.
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In a month I will be 60 and I still have mine and wrench on it!
n7vrz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
63 in Jan next and just put mine up for sale in the Mall.
Two bulged discs 12 years ago and a car accident 5 years ago have caught up with me. I just can't bend over to do what's necessary to fix things and not have to take pain meds after.

[This message has been edited by n7vrz (edited 11-21-2013).]

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnt671:

I'm 63 and owned my 84 for 15 years. I'm not an old fart in my mind but slowly my body is getting old farty.

I agree with the above statement.

I am going to be 65 in the spring and I have had this Fiero since 99. I cannot do a lot of things on it right now, because I don't have a garage right now. But, maybe sometime in the future I will be able to afford one with a lift. I still do things to my car just not a lot of huge mechanical stuff. I had my engine and tranny swapped out to at 3800 SC III and a 4T65E-HD, so my drive train is really reliable. That takes care of a lot of the problems you might run into. If you do this make sure you find someone competent and reliable to do the swap. You will love it if you do.

I love to go on cruises with my Fiero and try to make several a year along with leading a few of my own. I even drive hundreds of miles to get to some in interesting places. So I really enjoy driving my Fiero. I do go to a few car shows, but mostly I do this to support the other members of the Fiero Club I belong to. And whenever I get the chance I take it to the track. By track I mean Michigan International Speedway, Watkins Glenn and a few times to Spartan Speedway to Autocross against the Corvettes. So there is life after 60 and it is all up to you as to what you want to do.
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy pre birthday TK. Keep on wrenching! Sorry to hear about your back n7vrz. I had a back operation a couple years ago and prior to that a whiplash accident. Sorry you had to put the car up. That's what I have been kicking around and it really makes me wonder how far I can go. It also pisses me off.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

61 driving and maintaining this ---

Show off lol
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be 60 in 3 weeks, not only still working on my car but also still working full time as a heavy equipment mechanic.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You won't be alone on this list. I'm not there (60s) yet but I would say a lot of the Fiero drivers I see have some good gray hair and also have to say they are the best of the bunch.

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed White: 3800SC auto
304rwHP/366rwTQ

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just turned 59, so will be there next year. Bought first one 2 years ago.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT Fastback 3.4Lpr with 4T60
1979 Naked Honda Goldwing - sold
1983 Honda Goldwing 1100 Interstate

woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm 67. I have had my 87 GT since new, 2.8 5 spd. originally. I blew up a 400 sbc two years two years ago and put in a 427 Dart. Aluminum Profiler heads and roller cam. It has 11.25 brakes , big roll bars and PB booster upgrade. I DRIVE the old girl and love her as much as the day I proudly drove her away from the dealer. This is a very good topic to bring up. Fast Fiero's keep the edge off old age.

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to hear plus or minus 60. I am about to tackle the front end suspension job - Bushings and balljoints. delayed ordering to read up if I can do it.
Mulletproof did a great writeup on it and I think I can do it with some help from you guys. Just have to go step by step and not rush it. It will be off the road in another week.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be 67 in January, but getting to be an old fart.

my first..bought new in 87 at the Fiero Factory last year.

#2 bought in 1996

#2 after a few years

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
#3 V8 Archie ZZ4 a 1988 IMSA coupe
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm creeping up on 60 (56 now) and just rebuilt my entire suspension, including spring transplants, poly, and new shocks and struts, along with Fieroguru's rear camber kit. I'm about to replace the Caddy PCM with a 7730.
My first Fiero was an 85 GT that I bought new, in 85. Traded it in 88, and didn't own another Fiero until 97. Haven't been without one, since.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-21-2013).]

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought my 88 over 20 years ago and I am still driving it at 68 years old.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
62 last month but I only notice when I look in the mirror.

Bought mine a year ago in Cooperstown, NY. Did the whole transaction electronically, rented a car, drove up from Virginia, picked it up and spent a week touring the Finger Lakes region. Ran fine the whole way although the dealer I bought it from had a funny look on his face when I told him we were going to tour his state before heading home.

I figure we only live once and sitting in front of a PC is not living.

PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Numbers 1 in 93 and 2 in 2000. Still own the 87. Since 2000 I've always owned at least two at a time. I'm 69 and by some am considered an OF.

Number 3.

Number 4

Number 5

Number 6

Number 7

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 11-21-2013).]

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm 67 and I have three. I hate the thought of anyone other than me working on them. My day job is writing computer firmware -- at least that's what I'd like it to be. Mostly, these days, I'm fixing other people's firmware.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm still two years away from being 60, but I'm taking pre-emptive measures to prevent becoming a (physical) old fart. I take yoga.

I'm serious. I used to suffer from a sore back after leaning over the car all day, but since I started taking yoga a year ago... I'm a new man!

Can't say I mind observing the women in the class either.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just turned 60, getting harder to work on the cars (all that getting up and down is what kills me) but still at it, just takes more time these days!

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

HarryT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryTSend a Private Message to HarryTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be 75 next May and still maintaining and rallying mine. I also enter in local Cruise Ins and took home another trophy a month ago for 2nd Most Original. My wife rides with me in the rallys and in our blasts on the curvy roads in our local mountain area. I will keep driving it close to its limits until I feel I am loosing my reflexs. Anyone that has been in a rally with me can verify that I still have complete control at speed.
Hope all you guys are still driving and working on your Fieros at my age.
Harry
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got home from my brothers 74th birthday party. That means I will be 70 in March. It is a little tougher working under the cars. I started with Fiero's about 7 years ago, and now have had 7. Still own 3, a small block, a 3.8 SC and an 88 that I am doing some body modifications. I've had lots of cars through the years, but the Fieros have become a great semi retirement hobby to keep me busy and always looking forward to another project. When working full time( still work 2 days a week) it was real difficult to fit the car hobby time into a busy schedule. Now, I have the time, and a bunch of car friends with a wealth of knowledge to help out on the tougher projects. I think I can do this stuff for another 10 years or so, then likely will have to start selling off the cars and the hobby stuff. This past summer was the busiest cruise season I have had since being involved with cars - about 55 years. Just don't look in the mirror- you may see your dad staring back at you!

Jealous of all the nice cars-adding pics.
86 V8-my first Fiero

84 3.8 SC- my 7th Fiero

My controversial 88 project is here- still moving forward, but slowly. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091046.html

[This message has been edited by bjc 350 (edited 11-25-2013).]

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you everyone for a needed boost in confidence that I continue to tackle stuff that looks tough. Done it before with your help can do it again. Hard to find the time with the to do list and spending time with the wife and especially work. Not complaining! But I love being in the cave with the fiero and driving around on long errands. Don't drive it to work. Can't seem to find a mechanic that really knows his ^&*(&*^ or cares. Probably not paid enough and overworked. Not to mention cost. Love to do my own work if I can. Anyway greatly appreciate the input old fart or not. Think I'll order some suspension stuff from rockauto and rodney. Can't sell the car it would break my heart. Fierofool - that's the blue I want to paint the car someday- beautiful fiero collection.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierobug, that's Toyota Scion Blitz Blue. I think it was introduced around 2007 or '08.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 11-22-2013).]

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm 68 and I just stopped using my Formula as a daily driver for 12 years
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
65. Stll plays with cars. I do all my oun work on the car. I drag race it, autocross it, take it to car shows, cruze it, drive it to work.
84 SE, 85 GT body, 4T60-E, Hotrod 350 chevy. I have had a V8 in it for 13 years. 2 buick V6's before that.
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm 60, I have had at least one Fiero since I ordered a new one in 1984.....sometimes I have had two or three. I'm down to just one my DL10 Predator rebody. I still love the car but I'm not really using the car that much and have recently thought about finding someone who would take care of it. It's not a car I would just sell to anyone, they would have to be a Fiero enthusiast who would take care of it like I have for the last 16 years. I bought to car from its builder so I am really the only other person that has owned it. There were 3 cars built, but mine is the only one left.

Anyone interested in owning a one of a kind car ?...
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting close...
I got my 87 GT in 1990 when I was 35
I acquired the Indy in 2006.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-22-2013).]

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am 74 and still have my 86 GT. The same one I bought new in 1986. It is not for sale, my wife says she is going to bury me in it. BUT it is willed to my granddaughter she calls it the "Golden Car".
animal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not an old fart in my mind, but I'm 71 and have maintained and modified my fieros since 1988. Currently restoring my 84 Indy.

------------------

87 GT, Ramjet 350 SBC, 6-Spd
Melbourne, FL

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, this is great! God bless all of you fiero lovers!

[This message has been edited by fierobug (edited 11-22-2013).]

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobug

276 posts
Member since Nov 2010
Toyota Scion Blitz Blue. Someday!

[This message has been edited by fierobug (edited 11-22-2013).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am about 65 and am currently maintaining and restoring four Meras.

80 % complete

50% complete

98% complete

99% complete

Nelson
Michiganman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichiganmanSend a Private Message to MichiganmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I would have bought a Fiero back when I had black hair.
Bought my first one a year ago. Now I have two.
At 67 I don't feel like an old fart. Especially when I'm cruising with the t-tops off.
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll never be an old fart, fieros take care of that!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock