Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Back into the fastback game:) ( IMSA content and build thread inside) (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Back into the fastback game:) ( IMSA content and build thread inside) by pontiackid86
Started on: 11-11-2013 05:19 PM
Replies: 62 (1874 views)
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 06-01-2014 02:16 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These things just keep following me home.... Well after Kevins threat a long time ago about Taking my notchback IMSA away if I turned it into a fastback I did the next best thing.. I picked up another one... I Found it in the mall thread relating to a fastback IMSA (thank you DLCLK87GT ) and after sending a good amount of Emails I finally got a response, Struck a deal and towed this monster home today,

All I know is the kid told me its an IRM IMSA GT kit on an 84 chassis, The wheels are legit staggered centerline wheels, The brakes do not look stock, (ill confirm that this weekend when I take a look behind the wheels) It has a quad 4 engine swap in it that dose not look half bad, its not seized, all the systems in the car seem to work (aside for a headlight motor). It has a set of coil-overs on it (not sure of the make) It has some kind of front and rear strut brace setup. The interior had custom wrapped leather seats, Carbon fiber headliner, and some funky lookin dash pad. I'll update as I know them but this car had a lot of love put into it, If I hold onto it I want to do the huffaker paint scheme on it.

The headliner

The seats (was asked by a few people to get a shot of these, I don't think they are Mr mikes.

the funky lookin dash pad
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fastblack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Assuming it doesn't run?? Get that thing going and I bet it goes like snot with a Quad 4. Do you know what version Quad 4 is in it?
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice find pk glad they went to someone on the forums. Are you going to do a matched set with your other imsa?

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 11-11-2013).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

Assuming it doesn't run?? Get that thing going and I bet it goes like snot with a Quad 4. Do you know what version Quad 4 is in it?

Its not the high output one unfortunately, And it was also said that it was overheated so I need to have a look at that aluminum head but as I said Its not seized or anything like that so it may just be a small fix. I'm 99% sure the overheat was due to a loose pipe because the deck of the rollback was soaked in coolant when we got it back to my house.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

nice find pk glad they went to someone on the forums. Are you going to do a matched set with your other imsa?

I was thinking about it but No I'm most likely going to do the navy blue and white with the red stripe around the belt line for the huffaker scheme when it comes to that.. I think the paint below the grime might very well be feasible for right now but we'll see.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
like this one

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have so many beautiful fieros. Please finish one, I'm dying to see one totally complete. The 308 is stil my favorite though.

------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking the seats and the dashpad look like PISA.

I'm sure it will look good when the moss is cleaned off. Right now it looks like it came out of the ocean.

All kidding aside, it's a nice find!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

You have so many beautiful fieros. Please finish one, I'm dying to see one totally complete. The 308 is stil my favorite though.

The Mera is going to be making its 1st drive tomorrow morning, once I have the headlights working 100% its going in for paint
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Don`t hold your breath, this one will be for sale in a year or less
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rick, got your text message today. The car is awesome and I'm glad you were able to find one with the proper wheels. This should be a beautiful car when you are finished.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Don`t hold your breath, this one will be for sale in a year or less

Lol don't hold your breath, I've owned my DGP for about 4 years now.

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get one done... In order, please. I'm kind of tired of you always yapping about your awesome avatar that hasn't been driven since you've owned it.

All that aside, nice find, get it cleaned up.

Edit:
(aww.... I upset somebody. Apparently, the underlying jest wasn't readily apparent) Anyways, PK, I seriously want to see that IMSA on the road - I'd love one but my priorities have caused me to leave these cars behind for the time being. I haven't even driven mine in over a year and that was the first time since the year prior. I'm not too keen on seeing someone else do the same thing.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 11-11-2013).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Decisions, decisions

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the huffaker much better.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Well just looked into it, the dash cover is definitely PISA
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kid you stole this one,.....the body and wheels are worth more than what you paid for the entire car.

Two months ago i would have snatched this one up,...but things change.

Congratulations.
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go PK! If I was still living in Texas, I would have beat you to it! Let me know when you are ready to move it on
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Way to go PK! If I was still living in Texas, I would have beat you to it! Let me know when you are ready to move it on

Lol I haven't updated my info, I'm back in PA and the car came from southern jersey,, the thing was basicly sitting in a private junkyard the past 5 years of its life.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by exoticse:
Kid you stole this one,.....the body and wheels are worth more than what you paid for the entire car.

Two months ago i would have snatched this one up,...but things change.

Congratulations.

Its definitely a different car and a lot of love when into it. Also the repair of this one I think is something in the aea of my undertaking as well..

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick, I sent those files to you.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Rick, I sent those files to you.

Just got them, Thanks a bunch for them Adam.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
the funky lookin dash pad

Tilt steering, or something else going on with that steering wheel?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Tilt steering, or something else going on with that steering wheel?

Just on a tilt. steering wheel is fine

Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<_< still drooling, you need anything let me know got tons of parts. By the way, I personally like the carcraft styling.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see that a forum member got a hold of this one. I knew what this Fiero was about when I saw the ad on craigslist. I called my brother to ask him if he could pick it up for me but he was going to be busy. It sucks to be in the Army sometimes, always missing out on deals.

Are those pictures showing it running? Are you going to keep the Quad 4?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Glad to see that a forum member got a hold of this one. I knew what this Fiero was about when I saw the ad on craigslist. I called my brother to ask him if he could pick it up for me but he was going to be busy. It sucks to be in the Army sometimes, always missing out on deals.

Are those pictures showing it running? Are you going to keep the Quad 4?

Its not currently running but judging from the oil and all it looks like the engine might still be good.. and yup I plan on keeping the quad4 in it.

kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll update as I know them but this car had a lot of love put into it, If I hold onto it I want to do the huffaker paint scheme on it.

If for whatever reason you don't end up holding onto it, let me have first dibs It would complete the look on my race car (you could even keep the seats and dash)

[This message has been edited by kwagner (edited 11-12-2013).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car looks strangely familiar. I think I saw it in one of my Fiero Owner's Magazines. I will try to look tonight.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok So I got my 1st lil 84 surprise and this leads me to believe it could be a bad head. I tried running some starting fluid through the thing to see if it would kick... it sounded like it had some life in it but than suddenly I heard a big pop and a fireball shout out of the intake catching the intake tube on fire... Leading me to believe a bent or stuck open vale?
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol I haven't updated my info, I'm back in PA and the car came from southern jersey,, the thing was basicly sitting in a private junkyard the past 5 years of its life.

Ha - I thought I saw this car on a CL add from Texas - I'm getting old and have the dreaded CRS syndrome! When did you go back to PA?
007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm almost certain you have jim suter's (of IRM) widebody. It was an 84 with a Quad 4, and was sold in 2006 'ish to its new owner in Elmwood NJ.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 007DOUG:

I'm almost certain you have jim suter's (of IRM) widebody. It was an 84 with a Quad 4, and was sold in 2006 'ish to its new owner in Elmwood NJ.

I did pick it up in southern NJ, do you have any Info on it?

h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Hey Rick, got your text message today. The car is awesome and I'm glad you were able to find one with the proper wheels. This should be a beautiful car when you are finished.

I would LOVE to have those rear wheels! Congratulations PK on the new addition! And thanks for sharing the pic's.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was not the one I thought. I checked my old Fiero Owner's 4th Quarter of 1994. The cover was a white IMSA with the same wheels. However, it was a notchie. The car was called Obsession and belonged to John Norman. It was close but no cigar!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GRRRRR Added new spark plugs, Nothing, Pulled the injectors and checked them out, turns out they are still good, But, I don't think the computer is telling them to open during ignition, Also the gas smells really bad in it So I'm going to try and cycle it all through to a pan and put fresh gas in it...
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't mind posting it, how much did you pay? I love it. the Fastback IMSA is my all time favorite.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

If you don't mind posting it, how much did you pay? I love it. the Fastback IMSA is my all time favorite.

Don't want to put it out there but I stole it
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PK!, 3500 OBD2 turbo? id be willing to comeup to PA for a weekend to helpout droping one in

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock