Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Back into the fastback game:) ( IMSA content and build thread inside) (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Back into the fastback game:) ( IMSA content and build thread inside) by pontiackid86
Started on: 11-11-2013 05:19 PM
Replies: 62 (1875 views)
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 06-01-2014 02:16 PM
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like the passenger front fender has smooth molding and the rest of the car has ribbed. That fender also looks much cleaner than the rest of the car, so it may have been replaced. If it has, then I would take a hard look at that corner of the car for any frame damage.
IP: Logged
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It IS hard to tell for certain from the pics, but in the very first pic posted on page 1, it looks to me like all the molding is ribbed. This also makes the most sense, as having several sets of molds that make these fenders in my possesion, there are none that produce the round molding. That's not to say there aren't some out there that do, but I've never seen them.

What a steal of a deal! I'm sure you got that entire car, (running or not-doesn't matter body looks GOOD!), for less than half of what it cost to buy just the body kit new! Ok, now do you want to let go of your Mera for the same kind of deal?

HAGO!
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:Right now it looks like it came out of the ocean.

I was thinking the bayou of Louisiana, or a swamp in Florida.

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really really really want that imsa...
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Don`t hold your breath, this one will be for sale in a year or less

I hope so, I'd like to have it.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm removing the Intake... And I'm not having fun. Why they need a support bracket for a light as hell intake like this is beyond me But it requires me to get under the car for one bolt....... No fun.
Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

I hope so, I'd like to have it.

Already have dibs. Besides we need to keep both the notch and gt in pa so we can cruise them both. Better yet, just let me long term borrow it so people can enjoy both at the same time

[This message has been edited by Phirewire (edited 11-16-2013).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol ill let you drive it to shows. How's that sound
AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PK, you are one lucky... you get the point* XD

what I wouldnt do for those wheels, body kit, seats, dashpad and headliner. soo full of that thing called envy...

especially since you said you basically stole it!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd say I am to... I just have a taste for imsa's as much as I love my mera body it would most likely be the 1st one to go before my 2 imsa's every one gets on me for picking them up and telling me I only need one project but the truth of the matter is I'm not picking them up to jump right into a project on them. I'm getting them because I know at least with me they won't be turned into some rice burner out racing civics and crap. Once I get them both on the road the will be lucky if they make it over 80 mph.. that just have a special place with me and I hope to be able to hand them down to my kids in the future
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
And honestly if I can find a stage 2 or banshee body in my price range I'll grab that to... I'm just fortunate to find what in my mind are the 2 top model imsa body's.. funny thing is between the go and the stage 3 body there is not much of a difference. From the doors forward they are both the same
PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WE NEED PICS ! ! ! just because we need them.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

WE NEED PICS ! ! ! just because we need them.

Lol of what?
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
of the car cleaned up the engine. you know we like pics for the sake of pics
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

of the car cleaned up the engine. you know we like pics for the sake of pics

Lol ill grab some.. my power washer did take up the paint in certain places though

Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Lol ill let you drive it to shows. How's that sound

Deal, can you take 2 awards in same show?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

Deal, can you take 2 awards in same show?
lol 3 if I bring the Mera

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I kinda sorta cleaned it, Still needs a lot of work, the paint is coming up in flakes in certain parts so a paint job will be needed down the road but that was to be ecpected,

BTW off topic, The 308's bumber has not been repaird, rather my mechanic drilled some small holes in it and zip tied it to stay up intil it gets fixed, Looks legit,

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 11-18-2013).]

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

If you don't mind posting it, how much did you pay? I love it. the Fastback IMSA is my all time favorite.

I don't know what he paid, but the craigslist ad had it listed at $2k. Deal of the decade if you ask me!
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks much better. The whole swamp thing vibe is gone.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not much to update.... canablized it for a headlight bucket for the Mera.... It will be getting replaced though.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So my buddy has a spare 4G63 with an automatic Transmission lying around and is a pro with everything about these engines
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As much as im kicking myself to do it the car is up for sale minus a few things in it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock