Started on: 11-06-2013 05:19 PM
Replies: 21 (973 views)
Last post by: mitchjl22 on 11-13-2013 12:23 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is with regret that I announce the passing of Ray Stumpf, or as he was known on the forum, stumpkin.

Ray passed on Sunday November 3rd in the early morning hours, surrounded by friends and family.

Obituary for Raymond A. Stumpf
Ray A. Stumpf was born on September 22, 1956 in Chicago, IL to (Kelly) Carroll and Charlene (Rivetts) Stumpf.
His family moved back to Little Falls when he was 3. He graduated from Little Falls Community High School in 1975.
After High School, he joined the Navy serving 10 years as a Hospital Corpsman including a tour with the Fleet Marine Force.
He then entered the Naval Reserves to continue his education and returned to active duty as an Engineers Aide/Underwater Construction Diver where he served another 10 years.
He retired from the Navy, with over 22 years of service. He was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, and the Navy Achievement Medal.
While in the Navy, he met and married his wife, Barbara (Donald) Stumpf on August 15, 1981 at First United Methodist Church in Lancaster, PA.
Attending college throughout his naval career, Ray earned a M.S. in Education from Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA.
After retiring from the Navy, he, his wife, Barb, and daughters, Naomi, and Joy moved back to Little Falls where he taught middle school Industrial Technology for 14 years.
Ray’s interests included most outdoor activities, swimming, bicycling, hobby cars, & sightseeing.
He enjoyed working with youth through church, Boy Scouts, coaching, and teaching.
He was a member of First Lutheran Church, Disabled American Veterans, Little Falls American Legion Post #46, Fleet Reserve Association, and the Lone Eagle Auto Club.
Ray is survived by his wife, Barb of 32 years; daughters, Naomi Janelle Stumpf and Noelle Joy Stumpf; siblings, David (Peggy) Stumpf, Carol Jo Stumpf, and John Stumpf (life partner, Jodi Davis); parents, Kelly and Char Stumpf all from Little Falls; many aunts and uncles.
Ray was preceded in death by his infant son, Noah Joshua Stumpf. Active Pallbearers will be David Stumpf, Matthew Stumpf, John Stumpf, Wayne Betty, Charles Ossont, Austin Frank and Jeff Lukasavitz. Honorary Pallbearers will be the U.S. Navy Sea Bee Underwater Construction Divers. Memorial request: In lieu of flowers & plants; to be split between: “His Hands & Feet” Scholarship Fund and the “Minnesota State Veterans Cemetery Art Project”

There is a picture that I am having trouble finding of Ray with myself, Stu, JohnWPB, Rix, and several others... I was hoping to paste it in here.

Edit: Ray's last post here was about giving all of his Fiero stuff to a good friend of his... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092694.html

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-06-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP. Ray

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

RIP. Ray

Thanks Danyel.

Ray is on the far left in this image.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Geez, he was younger than me. Sorry to hear the news.

RIP Ray.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payers got out to him and his family.
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers to his family and friends. I appreciate his service to the country and his leadership to the kids he taught.

God bless the family.

Mike Parker
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad I had the opportunity to meet Ray for the BBQ this summer at his place on Friday and on Saturday at the Tyler show. I am very sad I won't have that opportunity again...... Even though I only had a short time to talk with him, he is a soul I won't soon forget. Rest in Peace Ray.........
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Ray. Hope the roads in heaven are twisty and smooth.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many of us including myself, only briefly knew Ray, but the friendly hospitality of Ray and his family made an impact.

A few pics of some of the Friday caravan group hanging out at Ray's place on the way to Frazee for the Tyler Shipman Memorial Carshow, Ray is in the baseball cap in the 2nd pic.

Prayers go out for Ray's family.
If it is any support or comfort in times to come, you have gained some more Fiero family.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers go out to Ray's family. Ray, while you are up there look in on us once in a awhile. Watch over our ignition control modules and keep us from breaking down. Our forum will miss you.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel lucky that I had the opportunity to meet Ray, if only for a short time. Prayers to Ray's family.
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011

(photo credit 2.5)
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers go out to him and his family. RIP Ray

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 11-07-2013).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...... sad new indeed. I am just so very happy that we took Ray up on his offer to stop by his house on our way to Frazee this year. He had offered the past few years, and we always just seem to busy to get to Frazee to stop. I was in the Thursday crowd, and got to meet Ray and his wife for the first time. In that short time, you could see what amazing people Ray and his wife Barb were.

Ray told us he was not sure if he would be up to going to the show, as he probably just would not have the strength. Early Saturday morning I was parking the cars to get them all lined up for the show, and was SOooo happy to see Ray and Barb pull up and ask where to park! Barb and I got to talking a bit off to the side about a lot of things.... My thoughts prayers are with you Barb.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-08-2013).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Ray!
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the loss.
Live everyday, you never know when it will be your last.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It never gets easier. R.I.P. Ray.
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP

Jim
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Twenty years ago today I was diagnosed with cancer. Although very young to have prostate cancer, my doctors at Mayo Clinic assured me that I would be a perfect test subject for an experimental procedure using cryotherapy. After a very brief stint in the hospital I made a full recovery but in the back of my mind I have always lived with the fear of the possibility of the return of cancer. Five years ago this Friday I was diagnosed with stage 2 colon cancer. I didn't have a single symptom and yet here I was facing my mortality again. I have never smoked, never done drugs, never used alcohol to excess and yet for a second time I fell victim to one the biggest killers of men over 40. Ray and I discussed his situation at the Tyler Shipman show and we both concluded that you must live each day with the hope that today is only the first of many more great days to come but the wisdom that it may be your last. Over 50, go get tested. Got a family history of colon cancer, go get tested!

R. I. P. Ray, the pain is now over and your next chapter has begun.

Pax,

Dr. W.

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 11-12-2013).]

84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Christ he was a year younger than me, RIP and drive it like you stole it wherever you are now Ray.

Steve
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP

-Mitch

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock