THE LAST POST - Gave it all away with a smile by stumpkin
Started on: 09-09-2013 02:46 PM
Replies: 28 (1118 views)
Last post by: mrfred8 on 09-12-2013 11:11 PM
stumpkin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THE LAST POST

I could have sold it all, but I tell you what, to give it all away to the right person is an amazing feeling. I'm getting short on my days due to my cancer. My Fiero, parts, & collectables do have a little value but in the bigger picture with where I am in life the value was small compared to the joy I gave one of my closest, & longest friends to day when I gave him & his wife all of our Fiero stuff & Fiero.

He is a car guy with an 85 Grand Am, so I know it will be well maintained & cared for. He only had one stipulation that was if any of my kids want it back when they get to a point that they could manage a hobbie car all they would have to do is ask.

So I guess that is another chapter closed in my life, the Fiero chapter. It sure was a fun one. This forum has been so helpful over the years keep it going. Ray

------------------
1986 Red s/e 2m6 5-sp, & 2006 Red Solstice 5-sp
Live Strong - I Am Phil 4:13

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ray, I'm real sorry to hear of your serious health issues... but glad to see that you've been given some measure of happiness by bringing some joy to a friend. What more can we do in life, eh?
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to see anyone go from cancer -- it took my wife's sister. But it's good to know that your car is going to a good home. Ask him to join Pennock's.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray,

It was an honor and my privilege to chat with you at the Tyler Shipman show a few weeks ago. As a fellow cancer victim I can only hope that the rest of your days are filled with great memories and the people you love and cherish. Thank you for all you have done for the Fiero community and for all of us at the Turkey Days gatherings.

I bid you peace.......

Dr. W.

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 09-09-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray, I wish you all the best on your ventures whether its in this world or the next one. Thank you for being a Fiero guy and helping keep our go-karts alive.

Tom
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based on your sig, I hope to meet you someday where there is no sadness or sickness. Please have your family stay in touch via the forum, we will take care of them however we can.

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
humbling.....

putting it all in perspective............

------------------
1986 Fiero GT Fastback 3.4Lpr with 4T60
1979 Naked Honda Goldwing

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
... you and yours will remain in my prayers..

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 09-09-2013).]

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray:

You and your family will be in my prayers as well.

Nolan
EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My aunt passed from cancer a few years ago. It takes a strong person to fight, and a stronger person to give up personal gain for the happiness of someone else. You are obviously a good man, and both you and your family will be in our prayers. I havent had the pleasure of meeting you, but only hope I'm so lucky to do so in one venue or another. God bless.

~James
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A very heartwarming post that I hope is still one of many more. I've seen too many lost to cancer and way too many close to home. I very much wish you well in whatever lies ahead. Much respect.
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray,

It was to great to meet you this past summer, you are true class act. You and your family will be in my prayers.

-Jeff
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-10-2013 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in tears...
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I am in tears...

As am I. We have never met or talked,but you are the kind of person I would like to know.God speed,and your wife,or significant other and your kids,I hope, have all the emotional support they need.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
... there are no words I can add .... but you can rest assured you have done right and made the people around you happy. I never had the honor to meet you Ray and hope one day to cross your path on the great roads in the sky. I have the feeling someone will be there to greet you .. like Tyler Shipman for he too has left us too early.

greatest regards from the north side of the border ....if there is anything I can do as a favor to you please ask

Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 09-11-2013).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please keep posting.

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what ages are your kids? If you do not mind my asking

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 09-10-2013).]

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ray,

I was just thinking of you on Sunday. You and your family continue to be in Carol's and my prayers.

Still haven't got off my butt to frame and hang you wonderful Fiero spreadsheet that I won at the Shipmans. Thanks for doing that. Your hospitality on our journey will always remembered.

God Bless.
Jeff

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 09-10-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was an honor to meet you Ray! I am glad you're finding happiness through all of what you're going through...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 09-11-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This display is one of the reasons why I do what I do. There are still people out there worth fighting and dieing for.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just pray that the good Lord gives me a chance to say my good by's to the ones I love. My Grandfather had a fight with cancer he lost, but it ment so much to everyone that they got to spend time with him before he went home.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ray and family for hosting us on the trip to Frazee this year! It was good meeting and talking to you. You and your family remain in my prayers.

-

John 16:33 I have told you these things so that you would find comfort in Me. In this world, you will have trouble; but be courageous, for I have overcome the world!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could have been at the Frazze show, I would have loved to meet you Ray. I too have lost family members due to cancer, and it's a horrible thing. I wish you the best my friend, and enjoy the time you have left with us.
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We all know that we will die... I believe the time we spend on earth is just part of our journey. Some die with no warning, no pain. Some have time to prepare for death, like you giving all of your Fiero collection to a friend....but have to endure the pain. May your final days be pain free and filled with happiness.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray, it was such a pleasure to hang out with you at your beautiful home on the way to the Tyler Shipman show. I just wish we could have stayed a little longer. It was a pleasant surprise when I was parking the cars on Saturday morning for the show, when you pulled up to enter your car in the show! Keep you spirits up1 You and your wife are in my prayers.

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[/QUOTE]

Left to Right: Ray, Carbon, JohnWPB, DIYStu, Stu's daughter, Mrfred8 (front), ? (back), Synthesis

aka.... the Motley Crew

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 09-12-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Left to Right: Ray, Carbon, JohnWPB, DIYStu, Stu's daughter, Mrfred8 (front), ? (back), Synthesis

Behind me is Rixthetrick

aka.... the Motley Crew

Hey, I resemble that remark!

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 09-12-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay