35th. Anniversary Show ? by fierogtlt1
Started on: 09-20-2013 10:36 PM
Replies: 55 (2536 views)
Last post by: notwohorns on 11-12-2015 07:41 PM
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to know if there is definately going to be a 35th. Anniversary Show.Because there is a "Big" project that I am wanting to plan in the near future
I would like to have it on display for the 35th.Anniversary show "If there is one" and to any of the Daytona shows.Maybe won't start the project until I move out of Florida though. Thank You....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2015 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2015 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm fairly certain that there will be. I know the group that put on the 30th was working on tenative plans for it.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-12-2015 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, for a 35th anniversary show, you've still got 4 years to get it done.

Next Daytona show though is a bit sooner than that.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you check his postings in OT you will see that he now has cancer and is being treated for it. I am sure that Fiero's are far from his mind now. He may have even sold his.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure they could use some help getting this show going.
FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump, just wanted to set my goal for taking my fiero there!!!!
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There will be a 35th show. Looks like it is going to be in Illinois. There is a meeting this Saturday
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that the plant is gone and that Indy was already done they should host the 35th at the Pontiac Museum in Pontiac Illinois! They also happen to have a pretty sweet Fiero Exibit on site.

[This message has been edited by FieroMontreal (edited 11-03-2015).]

JDEvans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JDEvansSend a Private Message to JDEvansEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped in Pontiac to get gas many years ago, and the station attendents asked me what kind of car I was driving. lol They where very amused when I said it is a Pontiac Fiero.
That little moment has always stuck with me.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

Now that the plant is gone and that Indy was already done they should host the 35th at the Pontiac Museum in Pontiac Illinois! They also happen to have a pretty sweet Fiero Exibit on site.

Close to. Evidently doesn't have hotel / motel in immediate area.
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped in Pontiac, Ill this summer and went to the museum which had a Fiero on display. Depending on numbers hotel space may be limited, I stayed at the Quality Inn while I was in Pontiac.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

If you check his postings in OT you will see that he now has cancer and is being treated for it. I am sure that Fiero's are far from his mind now. He may have even sold his.

It's rather sad that Todd, the fella who originally started this thread in September of 2013 with hopes and aspirations for the 35th Anniversary Show... nine months ago passed away.

RIP
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2015 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I stopped in Pontiac, Ill this summer and went to the museum which had a Fiero on display. Depending on numbers hotel space may be limited, I stayed at the Quality Inn while I was in Pontiac.

Quality Inn, Best Western and Super 8 plus several small independent places. Pretty much sums it up.

Beware the Palomar Motel.

FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2015 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I truly hope we have it in Pontiac, IL and for the many that haven't seen the "special fiero display" here you go!!!
http://www.tripadvisor.com/...ontiac_Illinois.html
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2015 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why not move it further south, so more folks can attend.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2015 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

why not move it further south, so more folks can attend.

you mean more folks from your area..You see, people all over this great country own fiero's. I think if it were in the middle of the U.S.A more people CAN attend

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2015 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LorenBateman:

you mean more folks from your area..You see, people all over this great country own fiero's. I think if it were in the middle of the U.S.A more people CAN attend

How about having it in the geographic center of all Fiero owners. Probably would be somewhere close to my backyard in Texas....but then again maybe not.
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2015 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-10-2018).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is strong possibility that there was a 6 hour meeting of the Midwest Fiero Clubs organization today to begin contract negotiations for a venue in central Illinois for planning of the 35th Anniversary Fiero Show... while the date is still not solid, the MWFC are definitely putting on an anniversary show during the summer of 2018!

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-07-2015).]

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LorenBateman:

No ass-hat, further south, like Branson, Nashville or Memphis, so more people can attend. Put it in the middle so everyone has 8 - 10 hours of driving.

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 11-07-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No ass-hat, further south, like Branson, Nashville or Memphis, so more people can attend. Put it in the middle so everyone has 8 - 10 hours of driving.

Well, technically... (not including our Canadian brethren to the north), you would be looking at Plato, MO.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/...lation#United_States

Some food for thought: there is no "perfect" location for everyone. Not even those who donate their time year after year to plan these kinds of events. Nor are there are always "boots on the ground" in those places to physically do work ahead of time. These kinds of events simply cannot be properly planned & executed remotely.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That was a bit uncalled-for. Loren didn't deserve that.

These anniversaries move around. I'm guessing partly for new venues, partly so that different people can use their time and energy to host, partly so that one group doesn't hog the events, and partly so that different people can attend. No matter where it is, some people can't attend. In Illinois or Missouri, I might. In Texas, I won't.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2015 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
two schools of thought.

1) have it in the same place every time. Either you attend or you don't.

2) move it around each time so different people can attend. either you attend or you don't.

My point was move it further away from the last few (Pontiac, Indy - i went to both by the way) so that Other folks who think Pontiac/Indy is too far way can attend.

I understand that moving it away from the north makes it harder for those in Canada and the Great Lakes area to attend, but it would also make it possible for others in the southern states to attend too.

You will find a few who will attend regardless of where it is, we've had folks from Florida / California attend the 25/30th.

Just as long as it happens, I want to bring my car this time. It sucks to attend such a great event as a viewer/walker and not a shower.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2015 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if anyone is curious I did some analysis of where people came from for the 30th Anniversary Show

30th Anniversary Participant Locations

Based on 273 unique people in US and Canada. Zip codes of attendees were geocoded to lat/long.

25% of the people were within 182 Miles
50% of the people were within 277 Miles
75% of the people were within 526 Miles

The average distance was 421 Miles

The center of all lat / longs is near Bradley Illinois
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2015 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No ass-hat....

This was the objectionable part. Unless you and he are frenemies. You know, like Grumpy Old Men.

The rest of your comment was certainly reasonable.

Sure, some people attend everywhere. I ran into Old Lar in Wisconsin, I believe. Also another guy whom I only know by his real name, but who drove over 900 miles from Iowa. I ran into people from Canada at Fierorama. Some events are a club activity, like Fierorama. Other events, like the Tyler Shipman car show, are specific to a single location. The Fiero anniversaries do not belong to one club; they should be shared by multiple clubs and areas. That is part of the novelty. I missed the 30th. I would have loved to have been there, and the distance isn't out of reach for me, but I missed it. I probably won't get the opportinity again. That having been said, it was probably an ideal location for the 30th.

I've never seen another Fiero from my state at a non-local event.

My Fiero will not be taking either of those tunnels to Virginia Beach.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2015 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Those statistics are great, mrfred8. I'm not sure that there is anything of meaning to the birth of the Fiero in Bradley, but Pontiac is nearby.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2015 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

That was a bit uncalled-for. Loren didn't deserve that.

These anniversaries move around. I'm guessing partly for new venues, partly so that different people can use their time and energy to host, partly so that one group doesn't hog the events, and partly so that different people can attend. No matter where it is, some people can't attend. In Illinois or Missouri, I might. In Texas, I won't.

I guess by your logic us folks in Texas should never attend a show in Illinois or Missouri??
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2015 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow tuff room im sry if i hit a nerve really,,,it don't matter where its at really ill try and make my first anniversary tour stop anywhere it is, Wasn't trying to call anybody out, My Fault
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2015 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
I guess by your logic us folks in Texas should never attend a show in Illinois or Missouri??

I can't speak for you, or for anyone else. It's up to you which events you attend. If you re-read my comment, it is very clear that I was using the first person. Attending in Texas is unrealistic for me.

I don't know if you failed to read my comments, failed to understand them, or if you are just seeking to start an argument in this thread also. I'm sure the writing level of my comments in this thread was at or below the 4th grade level.

Actually, if this is the type of person you are, I won't miss you, so please apply your ”logic”.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 11-09-2015).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2015 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The irony here is the guy who draws a line as to how far he's willing to travel but doesn't have his location in his profile. You might be relatively close like Wisconsin or Iowa or far away like Vermont or Utah but no one knows for sure since the only clue here is its not too far from Illinois or Missouri.

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2015 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to have my location in my profile. The true irony is that certain members thousands of miles away considered themselves experts on matters in my neighborhood, without having been here, and based solely on the media's misrepresentation of said matters. Eventually, I decided that having my location info in my profile served no useful purpose, so I removed that info.

My comment above stands. The anniversary will be somewhere. I hope to attend, but the dates and location will determine whether I actually attend or not. Of course, the planners will want the event to be well-attended, but shouldn't plan the location based on my preference.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2015 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't speak for you, or for anyone else. It's up to you which events you attend. If you re-read my comment, it is very clear that I was using the first person. Attending in Texas is unrealistic for me.

I don't know if you failed to read my comments, failed to inderstand them, or if you are just seeking to start an argument in this thread also. I'm sure the writing level of my comments in this thread was at or below the 4th grade level.

Actually, if this is the type of person you are, I won't miss you, so please apply your ”logic”.

You have a real attitude problem... I hope I never meet you in person.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2015 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
You have a real attitude problem... I hope I never meet you in person.

...and I guess the answer is all 3 of the above. Thank you for keeping this thread on topic, as always.

I'm curious what happened in the 6-hour meeting, but it'll probably be a year before we find out.
007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't care where its held, I will be there.

Everyone,....be thankful there are VOLUNTEERS working on this. Volunteering is becoming a lost art.

------------------
3 Indys, 1 is an A/C delete

"Time is the most precious and perishable of my possessions."

Buy IRM, again! at www.fierowarehouse.com

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I used to have my location in my profile. The true irony is that certain members thousands of miles away considered themselves experts on matters in my neighborhood, without having been here, and based solely on the media's misrepresentation of said matters.

LOL I think I remember that guy! He neg'd me because I said traffic was bad in Los Angeles, or some such horrible thing. Like I'd personally insulted him or something. It was bizarre.

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

css9450

5413 posts
Member since Nov 2002
Anyway, I like the Pontiac IL idea. Not because I live in Illinois, but because there is an actual reason to have it there - there is an all-Pontiac museum there which has in the past rolled out the red carpet for us.

Other than that, are there any other locations with actual Pontiac or Fiero tie-ins? Indianapolis was obvious since the Fiero paced a race there. If there's no particular Fiero-related reason to pick a place, then we're reduced to picking a place just based on convenience. But if that is what people want, than so be it. I think its more interesting if there's an actual Fiero-related reason to go there.

How about Pawling NY, home of Daryl's House? Hall and Oates can do a re-make of their Fiero ads and sign people's cars just like Hulki did.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the location should have a Fiero tie-in. Of course, if all the prototypes were there... Too bad we've lost so many people, like Hulki, John D., and probably John Estes.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting and generally logical feedback here for the most part (name-calling and general crab-assing aside). I think most people would agree that it's best to have a Fiero-related location. Unfortunately that's growing increasingly difficult (with Pontiac/Detroit, MI lacking much of a draw anymore). However there seems to be something missing from the discussion (aside from one repy)... the volunteers.

Some questions, or rather, food for thought:
• WHO creates, plans, manages, and executes these types of larger events?
• WHERE do these organizers live? The volunteers? What kind of impact does their geography have on it?
• WHEN do organizers start the planning process?
• WHO negotiates contracts & commits their signatures to them?
• WHAT kind of start up and operating costs are involved in the event itself?
• WHAT kind of operating costs are involved in the research and planning - and who pays those costs? Clubs? Volunteers? Pass these costs along to the attendees?

Carbon stated pretty clearly what is currently available for info regarding the meeting this past weekend. Planning is well underway - however no specifics will be released until contracts are negotiated & signed (what's worse than no info? BAD info). Just be assured that there is a strong desire to get things nailed down much more-quickly than the previous show - to improve long range planning for attendees and get better turnout!

If you really want to have an impact on this kind of event... volunteer. Offer your time & services in any way possible. We know lots of people are hesitant to raise their hand, claiming lack of experience - but THIS is how you get experience. Not sure what you can do? Don't hesitate to ask!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 11-10-2015).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have driven to the Dells since 96 or 97 from upstate NY and from Florida since 2003. 2015 was the first year I didn't take a Fiero. I've been to Fierorama several times. It is a two and a half day drive for me now driving up from Florida to either the Dells or Fierorama. I've driven to the east coast Pontiac regional meet in Warwick RI for the last three shows 2010, 2012 and 2012. How I did all the shows when I was working (retired in 2003), but I made many of the FOCOA shows.

I've been on the Hot Rod Power tour long haul in a Fiero in 05, 09, 10, 11 and a partial in 07. As I've gotten older, long drives in a Fiero, now each having high miles, become a bit of a question. so this year I took this on the Power Tour:

If there is a 35th, I'll be there in my 87 GT.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock