Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  11th Annual California Coast Run - The Comeback Tour. October 18-20, 2013 (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
11th Annual California Coast Run - The Comeback Tour. October 18-20, 2013 by Songman
Started on: 09-20-2013 01:28 AM
Replies: 68 (1500 views)
Last post by: no2pencil on 04-09-2014 06:41 AM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anybody in the mood for a Coast Run? Lord knows I am after almost three years! We're getting a late start planning so, speak up! Who wants to come drive Highway 1 with me for a little comeback tour?

11th Annual California Coast Run

When: October 18-20, 2013
Where: San Simeon, CA

Hotel Reservations
Courtesy Inn of San Simeon - http://www.courtesyinns.com
9450 Castillo Drive
San Simeon, CA 93452
1-800-555-5773
Say you are with Fiero group for $99 for the weekend rate. If they don't give you that rate, ask for Manish.

Event Schedule

Friday, October 18
- Arrive Friday and check into hotel.
- Meet in pool area at 6PM for meet n' greet.
- Dinner at Main Street Grill in Cambria at 7:30PM

Saturday, October 19
- Start lining up cars at 7:30AM.
- Driver's Meeting at 7:45AM
- Depart hotel at 8:00AM
- Lunch at Running Iron Restaurant in Carmel Valley at 11:30
- Depart Carmel Valley at 1:30PM
- Arrive at Courtesy Inn at 4PM.
- Party and Sunset Cook Out at San Simeon Pier at 7PM.
- Charity raffle at 8PM. (Benefits St Jude Children's Hospital)
- San Simeon Beach Bar & Grill from 10:00 till whenever...

Sunday, October 20
- Depart for breakfast in Morro Bay at 10AM.

We end the day early on Sunday to allow people plenty of time to see the area attractions and still get home safely.

Driving distance to San Simeon from major cities:
San Diego to San Simeon - 360 miles (6 hours)
Los Angeles to San Simeon - 245 miles (4 hours)
San Francisco to San Simeon - 240 miles (4 hours)
Sacramento to San Simeon - 300 miles (5 hours)
Redding to San Simeon - 440 miles (7 hours)
Reno, NV to San Simeon - 440 miles (7 hours)
Las Vegas, NV to San Simeon - 435 miles (7 hours)
Denver, CO to San Simeon - 1180 miles (20+ hours)

We have a great time on this event and have had people come from as far away as Arizona and Colorado. We try to make this an affordable event so people can come have a good time without putting a strain on their bank account. The hotel helps out with a $99 rate for the entire event weekend. This year we are having a Sunset Cook Out at San Simeon Pier. I will bring hot dogs and hamburger patties. Please feel free to bring buns, chips, desserts, etc. There will be no charge for this and will just be whatever participants want to bring. Bring your own drinks as well. Manish has a refrigerator and freezer we can put stuff in, so go ahead and bring it with you when you come Friday. As you know, shopping is slim in San Simeon (as is cable TV and cell phone service! So we should have a nice weekend unencumbered by the rest of the world). With those prices we can still afford to put gas in the cars so come on down! And don't forget those dollar bills for the charity raffle. Because of the short time to throw this together this year, we will probably not have the mass assortment of prizes of previous years but we'll still have some great stuff and it is for a great cause! As always, the proceeds go to St Jude Children's Research Hospital. http://www.stjude.org

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-15-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool thanks,we are there
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dale.....
Long time no hear, eh? Glad to hear you're going to attend the Coast Run.
By the way, Marji said to say Hi and that she has a friend in Nashville with the same name (Dale) and that he is a songwriter.
Kit
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I just got off the phone with Manish. We now have rooms blocked for the Coast Run. Thanks to those of you that went ahead and called and got your rooms set up. And a big thanks to Manish for taking care of those folks. The Courtesy Inn has always taken good care of us.

Rick. It was nice talking to you the other night. Look forward to seeing y'all.

Kit, I hope you and Marji can make it. Tell Marji that now she has two!
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wooo Hoo! Just like old times.Welcome back Dale.We missed you
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Look forward to it
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool that you're doing this again, Dale!

Unfortunately I'm going to be in China that week :-(
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to go to another Coast Run.....I even own a Fiero again! The bad news is I'm in Dallas now and it's a 1600 mile trip.....one-way! I might think about flying in for the Run if I don't have any work projects going on that weekend.....put me down as "maybe".
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to see the names of some of the Coast Run regulars popping up! I look forward to seeing all of you again.

Since I am getting back involved late, I am putting a full court press on trying to get things lined up. If any of you know any vendors that would like to donate something to the St Jude raffle, please either let me know of give them the info.

Mike, I'll be flying in for the Run myself, so I feel your pain. I have an 88 GT that I bought not long ago but the drive from Nashville and back is a little more than even I want to attempt!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
For any of you who do Facebook, here is the Coast Run event page. Feel free to go by there and join. More info will be added soon.

https://www.facebook.com/events/502147609876798
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Mike, I'll be flying in for the Run myself, so I feel your pain. I have an 88 GT that I bought not long ago but the drive from Nashville and back is a little more than even I want to attempt!

Wow! I had no idea you moved back to Nashville Dale.......that *would* be quite the drive.

I'm trying my best to make it out there, but I probably won't know for sure for another 2-3 weeks.
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep. I left CA almost three years ago. Hope you can make it to the run.
WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets see if I can avoid any pesky surgeries before going up to Cambria!

Anthony
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rooms are booked!

Long time no see Anthony!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Starting to get a few raffle donations. It's a shame to find that a lot of the vendors who used to donate are no longer in business.
SNIPER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNIPERClick Here to visit SNIPER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNIPEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reservations confirmed. BTW Dale I'll have something for the raffle too.

------------------
Ed "SNIPER" Peralez
Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE ~ PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE
www.SniPeralezGunworks.com

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ed! I saw that you confirmed on the Facebook page. I appreciate that! Look forward to seeing you!

And thanks for the raffle donation too!
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dale--Glad to hear you'll be coming out! We've missed you the last several years!! I regret that I had already committed to the Hudson All-Cal Meet, usually the middle of September, but next weekend due to another group booked next door on their usual weekend, so I probably won't be able to make it down there twice 2 wks. apart. I do, however, have a raffle gift ready to send down. It sounds like things are coming together for another great time and I'll miss everybody!

JC
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jeannie,
You always did stay busy! Maybe you and Jerry could just make it down to the north end for lunch as has been done in the past. It would be really nice to see both of you. If not, we can always try for next year!
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's a possibility! Post the itinerary and lunch spot when you get it worked out!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking like the Running Iron Restaurant & Saloon in Carmel Valley, Jeannie. Very reasonably priced and experienced with car events.

Located at 24 East Carmel Valley Rd.
http://www.carmelvalleycalifornia.com/running.html

PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dale... PM sent.
Blast from the past, eh?
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, Dale! Looks like I would come through Salinas and go 68 toward Monterey, then take Laureless Grade to Carmel Valley. Best laid plans have been overcome by events however.

I had thought we'd drive down, meet you all for lunch, go back by Gizdich Ranch in Watsonville and pick up one of the best pies I've ever had, and take it out to our Alumni group football get-together in Livermore at 5:00, but alas, we were informed last Wednesday night before leaving for San Simeon Thursday that our great granddaughter's 2nd birthday party will be that Saturday in Sacramento. We have to take the other great grandma (Jerry's ex), the grandma (Jerry's daughter), the uncle (our grandson), and the the other grandson up and back with us, so unless I take my own car up there (which I may have do since we can't all fit in the Magnum anyway!), I will miss the group football party also. I missed her 1st birthday party last year since I couldn't make it from San Simeon to Sacramento before it was over at a timed venue, so I'd better make this one!

I warned Elvis that you were coming!!

JC
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dale, Marji said he she would definitely go to the Coast Run if you hosted it in Tennesee .
Kit ( she told me to relay this to you)
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kit, tell her it's already done over here and it's called The Run For The Hills. It's a great event that has been going on for a long time. Guess I'll see y'all here next year!

Everyone take a look at the itinerary posted above for updates. We have set the northernmost lunch stop for the Running Iron restaurant in Carmel Valley. It's a bit longer than stopping for lunch in Big Sur, but that has been the stop for about 5 years. Time to switch it up. We started out in Carmel Valley, so let's go back old skool this year!

Another thing I am thinking about is instead of doing the dinner as we have in the past, is to go over to the pier and take advantage of the grills and picnic tables that are there. We can all pick something up and just do a casual dinner on the coast while watching the sunset. Manish said the weather has been great there lately. If the weather were to turn bad on us that evening, we would just have to go out for dinner somewhere. What do y'all think?

The time is almost here! Who all is coming? We've only got 4 checked in on the FB page. Manish says he has 10 or 12 rooms booked. There is still time to make plans and come on down (or up!). I'd love to see all of you before I have to head back to Tennessee.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-12-2013).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to see if I can arrange time to go.
Would be my last Coast run so I'd really like to make it.

Going to have the car for sale. Bringing it on trailer. So if anyone interested I can drop it off at their house after.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My house in TN?

It'll be good to see you, Pokey!

PS... if you are bringing a trailer, can you bring a gas grill with you? They say the ones in the park fill up very early.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will bring a gas grill but I have a lot of business to take of so only give an 80% chance of arrival.

Upgrading the tie rods, lowering ball joints, steering rack bushing and pads on the 12" vette rotors.
Will do that tomorrow or Tuesday. Wed need to have paint buffed.
I just changed all fluids in car, Mobile one , synchromesh, anti freeze new water pump all new hoses and belts.
Changed all the wheel bearings couple years ago but they have less than 1000 miles on them.
Tires are new and nitrogen filled . I wish I had time to get the seats done. Two years sitting around has done them horrors.

Thursday I need to to some work to trailer and do a safety check on it.
Then the expedition will need everything checked.
I have actual work to do this coming week also.

So I'm coming if I get my ass in gear!

Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are coming too. I cannot wait to see everyone again.

Shane
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone please look at and print out the first post again. I have made some changes and this should be the final itinerary for the event. The biggest change is that we are doing a Sunset Cook Out on Saturday night instead of a catered dinner. It will be very casual and lots of fun! There will be no charge for this. I will supply hot dogs and hamburger patties. Feel free to bring anything else you want including, buns, chips, other sides, desserts, and drinks.

The Coast Run just got more affordable! There is no reason not to come now! Get ready! I leave for CA the day after tomorrow!
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to find someone to caravan with at the GGF meeting tonight.

Roy
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spoke to Bear this morning. Looks like we'll try to meet at his place to go south. Then maybe the southern Central Valley folks can meet us at Paso Robles as we did in the past. We hope to get into San Simeon early. I haven't heard from any L.A. or San Diego people to see if they are coming.
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Everyone please look at and print out the first post again. I have made some changes and this should be the final itinerary for the event. The biggest change is that we are doing a Sunset Cook Out on Saturday night instead of a catered dinner. It will be very casual and lots of fun! There will be no charge for this. I will supply hot dogs and hamburger patties. Feel free to bring anything else you want including, buns, chips, other sides, desserts, and drinks.

The Coast Run just got more affordable! There is no reason not to come now! Get ready! I leave for CA the day after tomorrow!

I think that's a great idea Dale. I was kind of pushing that idea in last months meeting although my idea was to have a dedicated person/persons who would bring everything in a truck or van. ( ie coolers, BBQ, utensils, charcoal, etc ) This idea is sensible and practical since we were never really happy with ANY Saturday nite dinner place.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do VERY much like BBQ
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still trying to get a head count. (I guess some things never change! haha)
I'll start with who have told me they are coming. If you are going to be able to make it, please add yourself to the list. Also, put down what you would like to bring for the cook out. Completely optional, of course.

1. Dale/Lori - hot dogs, hamburger patties
2. Bart/Sue
3. Rick/Jen
4. John/Mary
5. Ed/Sandra
6. Roy/Sandy
7. Chris/Maddy
8. Andrew/?
9. Shane/Carolina
10. Barbie/?

Copley and paste the entire list and add yourself to the next spot if you are coming to the Coast Run.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll let you know if I'm coming tomorrow night.
Still trying to convince Ann to come.

Might have an issue getting tags on time.
It is nonopped and hoping no probs getting smog and to DMV before Friday.

I like the Que Idea. I think we have done that before years ago or maybe that was a West Fest?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When WestFest was held in San Simeon one year, they brought a grill up and did burgers and stuff... and the dreaded margarita machine! haha

I was hoping Ann would come with you. Tell her it's only once a year and I haven't seen ya'll in forever! If you can't get the car done, you should still come. I've done the Coast Run twice without a Fiero. Not as much fun, but still cool to hang out with everyone. Hope you can make it.

My number is still the same. I'll be in San Martin tomorrow night.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-16-2013).]

Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1. Dale/Lori - hot dogs, hamburger patties
2. Bart/Sue
3. Rick/Jen
4. John/Mary
5. Ed/Sandra
6. Roy/Sandy
7. Chris/Maddy
8. Andrew/?
9. Shane/Carolina + 2 kids - Salads, rafel tickets, red cups
10. Barbie/?
11. Bill/Sue (Shane's parents)
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like we'll have hot dogs, burger patties, salad, and cups! haha

Hopefully some of the others will come on in and let us know they are coming.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As much as I want to attend another Coast Run, I won't be able to make it this year. I hope the weather is nice and everyone has a great time!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock