$200 to blow by racingfortheson
Started on: 09-10-2013 01:22 PM
Replies: 27 (637 views)
Last post by: fffttt1 on 09-11-2013 08:19 PM
racingfortheson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I got $200 to spend on my 87 GT. I was thinking of getting some used rims but anybody have a better idea. Was also thinking about a muffler to get some better sound but I don't know. What would to spend it on for the car? I have a lady who does seat covers and could also get them recovered.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ry86GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ry86GTSend a Private Message to Ry86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd put it in the bank for when something breaks
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ry86GT:

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (FOR SALE)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta (FOR SALE)
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ry86GT:

That sounds boring.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait, it is a Fiero and something will break in the near future.
Fiero_Fastback_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fastback_FreakClick Here to visit Fiero_Fastback_Freak's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero_Fastback_FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would save it or buy spare parts that break or wear out more often than others.

------------------
Any man can drive a car, but it takes a real man to drive a Fiero.

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fastback_Freak (edited 09-10-2013).]

2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go racing till you break something, fix it.
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From your title I thought you were talking about prostitution, nevermind

Look for something the car NEEDS not something you want (.. like a worn component, NOT rims), otherwise just put it in the bank.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV Build Progress
98 GTP - Some mods

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LED side markers ..... 175$ shipped with tracking
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/066792.html
------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 09-10-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would buy 2 sheets of LEXAN and make sets of sail panels and end up with a profit of $800.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

I would buy 2 sheets of LEXAN and make sets of sail panels and end up with a profit of $800.

I like this idea BUT I have no way to curve the lexan.
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could get a new trunk seal.

New dew wipes.

Delorean horn set.

Headliner.

Monsoon stereo.

Speakers

Obviously not all of these but some combinations could be made to allow two or possibly more.

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll sell you one share of my Tesla stock.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking for something fun for the car as it is just a toy, but I didn't realize my wife and her friends where on this forum, lol. I think y'all are right. I may just wait.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to be Buzz Killington... If $200 is a sum that is worth getting excited about, you need to save it. Your Fiero WILL break.

I say you take your wife to a nice dinner in the car, if she enjoys it. Tell her you love her. Show her she is special. That's what I would do.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Y'all are buzz kills, lol. I was looking for an idea for something little.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

racingfortheson

377 posts
Member since Aug 2013
O, and she is the one who told me get something for the car.
Chooko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChookoSend a Private Message to ChookoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aluminum cradle bushings. They run about $100.00, and getting them installed might cost more than your remaining budget. Unless of course you do them yourself. Maybe not flashy, but honestly this is the best $100.00 I EVER spent on my '86 GT.

------------------

Joe

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the car back running from the heads being pulled off and bolts extracted? Spend the money on a tune up including a new fuel pump.

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Is the car back running from the heads being pulled off and bolts extracted? Spend the money on a tune up including a new fuel pump.

O it is running like a raped ape. I ported the intake and exhaust, fix all vac leaks, new plugs, wires, rotor, cap, filters, rebuilt heads and 1.6 roller rockers. This was just a little win fall, not all the money I have. I know $200 is pocket money isn't much, just thought it would be nice to get something for the car. I may just put it into parts money for dirtbike. Cause everyone has opened my eyes to the fact that I can't afford a Fiero and there is no hope in the world. I guess I should just take it across the scales and get what I can for scrape. HAAAAAA JUST JOKING.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by racingfortheson:

O it is running like a raped ape. I ported the intake and exhaust, fix all vac leaks, new plugs, wires, rotor, cap, filters, rebuilt heads and 1.6 roller rockers. This was just a little win fall, not all the money I have. I know $200 is pocket money isn't much, just thought it would be nice to get something for the car. I may just put it into parts money for dirtbike. Cause everyone has opened my eyes to the fact that I can't afford a Fiero and there is no hope in the world. I guess I should just take it across the scales and get what I can for scrape. HAAAAAA JUST JOKING.

If the car ia running properly then start buying needes parts to improve the looks of it either inside or out. Hows the paint? If paint is bad look into plasti dipping the car so it looks good. If inside is rough then start searching for replacement parts. Rims r a good idea as they change the look of the Fiero by leaps and bounds.
PFF
System Bot
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a nice set of 17" that are Gun metal grey with tires for $125. That leaves me with $75. Is there any performance type muffler that sounds good for around that price? Not looking for super HP as this is just a cruzer to have fun driving.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I found a nice set of 17" that are Gun metal grey with tires for $125. That leaves me with $75. Is there any performance type muffler that sounds good for around that price? Not looking for super HP as this is just a cruzer to have fun driving.

The Dynomax / Thrush #17638 muffler for around $40,and that leaves you enough money to fill the gas tank.

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

The Dynomax / Thrush #17638 muffler for around $40,and that leaves you enough money to fill the gas tank.

Nice, just want to double check before I order. This has the flow like the stock where it goes in on one side then comes out on both sides? I looked online but couldn't find a pic with how it flows. O, and will it have a little more rumble then the stock?
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice, just want to double check before I order. This has the flow like the stock where it goes in on one side then comes out on both sides? I looked online but couldn't find a pic with how it flows. O, and will it have a little more rumble then the stock?

It has one inlet 2-1/2". And dual outlet 2-1/2" each.

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was looking for something fun for the car

Get a set of longhorn horns and mount those babies on the front... very fun and certainly not boring!
fffttt1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fffttt1Send a Private Message to fffttt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do the $100 brake upgrade. One of best bang for the buck mods I ever did.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock