Started on: 09-07-2013 03:32 PM
Replies: 16 (510 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 09-10-2013 11:06 PM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this commercial about 5 mintues ago. Nice to see a current company still use an older Pontiac
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet
Wonder if that's a friends car. Local guy in Toronto built an exact copy of KITT. The car was done so well, his car was used for display around the US when they brought out the Magellen Knight Rider GPS and when they re introduced that short comeback series of Knight Rider. The producers of the original show & Hasselhoff said his car was better constructed then the original cars used for the TV series.

There are so many copies out there, Toronto has it's own club and think I've seen about 10 gathered at once.
PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

Toronto has it's own club and think I've seen about 10 gathered at once.

Wow...What is that like 10 guys who left thier moms basement to hang out in a parking lot?

Pete

------------------

88 3800 turbo...10 sec Quarter Mile Member.

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PBJ:

Wow...What is that like 10 guys who left thier moms basement to hang out in a parking lot?

Pete

That's rough, man.

I still laughed, though.
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They had another commercial featuring Mr. Smith from the Matrix. Pretty sweet, but the Knight Rider one is still my favorite. I keep telling people that once fully autonomous vehicles become commercially available, someone is going to yank the guts out of one to retrofit a 1982 Trans Am and make a real KITT.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My only complaint about that commercial is that they got the car and they got the actor who did the voice, but for some stupid reason they didn't use the Knight Rider Music. That just ruined it for me.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

Wonder if that's a friends car. Local guy in Toronto built an exact copy of KITT. The car was done so well, his car was used for display around the US when they brought out the Magellen Knight Rider GPS and when they re introduced that short comeback series of Knight Rider.

I'll be durned... I have no doubt that I have had my picture taken beside your buddies car at the Magellan display at a convention in Fort Worth, Texas. It was pristine.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ever see THIS commercial? check out the silver car...

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Cool find, I hadn't seen that one before.
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, they couldn't downplay the real Diablo seeing as how Chrysler was responsible for it's developement.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reallybig:

Well, they couldn't downplay the real Diablo seeing as how Chrysler was responsible for it's developement.

I don't know if its even a fiero... the back looks way to spacious
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-10-2013 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
I don't know if its even a fiero... the back looks way to spacious

It's not. It's a Lotus Esprit.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well you know that the Dodge Magnum's suspension was designed by Lotus...
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

It's not. It's a Lotus Esprit.

I thought it was an Artero Fiero kitcar...?

Hmmm guess not?

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 09-10-2013).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm guess not?

You are correct, it is an Artero.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-10-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm guess not?

Oh. So it is. The very low-res video, view from the tails, and the very few frames that major parts of the car are visible, blurred it a bit. I guess the editors for that commercial were trying to cut the video in a way to make it less obvious it was a kit, and look more like it was a Lotus; given the way it is cut. If it was a high quality video (480p or higher, with less frame skipping), I probably would have caught myself.

At least there's actually something Fiero related in the thread now, though.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

At least there's actually something Fiero related in the thread now, though.

From the archives...

PISA themselves confirmed it's an Artero

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...15-1-041717.html#p13

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock