dodge commercial by silverformula
Started on: 05-20-2004 12:49 AM
Replies: 27
Last post by: USFiero on 05-31-2004 10:45 AM
silverformula

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2004 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silverformulaClick Here to visit silverformula's HomePageSend a Private Message to silverformulaDirect Link to This Post
Okay - this might sound crazy - but was the silver car in the new 2005 Dodge Magnum commercial a Fiero rebody? The cars are chasing each other through some twisties and then come to a stop sign and the driver asks "what do you have in there" (or something) and the Dodge driver lists what he is hauling in the rear. The other car looked like a rebody, but I only saw part of the commercial and I am not sure.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2004 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
I saw that for the first time last night. I am wondering too. The front end looks right but it is hard to tell from the quick glimpses we get. Anyone know for sure?

------------------

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2004 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
I saw that last night during the hockey playoffs. I said to my wife "hey that silver car looks like an Artero." She looked up and just got a peek at it. I think it is a Fiero!

------------------
www.cardomain.com/id/wingnutmd------ "Peg" ------ 1985 GT - THE FORGOTTON GT!

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2004 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Saw it last night and freaked out! It looks like a silver Artereo rebody on a FIero! I was excited. My wife was indifferent. The dogs were asleep.

Oh well.

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2004 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I'll have to keep an eye out for that one, I haven't seen it yet.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2004 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Pics (from Pisa's website):

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2004 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I just saw this commerical last night - definitely an artero... silver (like the one above) - but it appeared to have a wing as well. Fun to see - I'm sure most people assume it's a Lambo

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2004 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
I am pretty sure that is the car but I can't figure out if it is a compliment or and insult.

------------------

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2004 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
wow, that's a kit ive NEVER seen b-4 where have "I" been?
i love the front end, if only the rear was as nice looking as the front

------------------
Rich AIM: ONE FAST 2M8
white-- 86se V6 daily driver
Gold--- 86se 355 SBC

Skratch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2004 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkratchClick Here to visit Skratch's HomePageSend a Private Message to SkratchDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to watch it again, but I coulda sworn that was a Lotus Esprit. Maybe I'm just nuts though.

Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2004 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
I'm 99% sure they were going for the "Lambo" look, I don't think it's a Lotus. I have the commercial on tape, but from a super-cheap 2 head VCR. I played it back about 20 times trying to see the interior, but they don't show *any* of it, so it's really hard to tell for sure. But on the same note, that's a good sign that it's *not* a real Lambo, but a Fiero. If it was real, you'd think they'd want to show it off. On the other hand, if it's a rebody, they don't have to pay Lamborghini any royalties for using the car in the commercial. The other *BIG* tip-off (for me anyway) -- look at how much the "Lambo" front end dives when it comes to a stop! Would a REAL Lamborghini's suspension be loose enough for it to dive that much from a 30mph stop??? I don't think it would, but then again I've never driven one...

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '87 Mutt, a work in progress! (3800SC installation in super-super-ssuuppeerr-slow-motion progress... Done for Kansas? Riiiiiiiight....)

PFF
System Bot
Ambush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2004 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmbushClick Here to visit Ambush's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmbushDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riceburner98:
Would a REAL Lamborghini's suspension be loose enough for it to dive that much from a 30mph stop??? I don't think it would, but then again I've never driven one...

I never seen the commercial but I can say this, if the car dipped when it stoped then it had to be a rebody. The lambo is so close to the ground that a hard dip would scrap the front bumper off

Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterDirect Link to This Post
whats mods have people done that make their fiero look similar to the esperit above?
PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2004 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQDirect Link to This Post
The car in the commercial IS definitely the Artero. It was rented from a prop house in California to do the commercial spot by BBDO Detroit (the agency that produced the commercial for DCX Dodge). The title of the commercial is "Mulholland Drive". Most of the Arteros I know of would blow the doors off the Dodge Magnum with the V8 Hemi (340 HP with a vehicle weight of 4120 pounds). Compare the horsepower to weight ratio of 1 to 12 to a Fiero with a 3800 SC, 4.9L V8, or SBC. Must have been a high mileage stock 2m4 that the Artero kit was on if that station wagon passed it that fast!!!

Marty Jakolat
Owner
PISA the Fiero HQ
www.pisafierohq.com

[This message has been edited by PISA The Fiero HQ (edited 05-25-2004).]

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
welcome to the forum PISA!

------------------

'86 2.8L Bottle-Fed In Progress...
'86 2.5L turbo put to sleep
Fiero Performance Mods
Chris_Oslo_Nelson@hotmail.com

Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterDirect Link to This Post
Is this showing on TV channels? If so, which ones?

------------------

Black '87 GT Auto - Daily Driver & Autocrosser
Eibach springs, Koni shocks, Kosei K1s, Kumho Ecsta V700s, poly bushings, rear swaybar, MSD ignition, shift-kit, custom intake scoop

Pontiac Boi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pontiac BoiSend a Private Message to Pontiac BoiDirect Link to This Post
It looked like a Lotus Esprit, that's what popped to mind when I first saw it. The commercial was showing during the Lakers game.

------------------

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
It is a lotus rebody. or a fiero with the lotus front end and somethgin on the back end that is not a lotus. it is definately not a real lotus there is no emblems on the front of the car nor on the back.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Its an Artero. The wagon is Dodges new Magnum RT Hemi. I can verify that it is that fast....... You could smoke the tires as long as you hold the gas. Feels faster than a friends Viper RT10 on the street.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

It is a lotus rebody. or a fiero with the lotus front end and somethgin on the back end that is not a lotus. it is definately not a real lotus there is no emblems on the front of the car nor on the back.

It's not a Lotus... not even a lotus rebody - or even a lotus-styled rebody!! It is an Artero (which is more-loosely based on a Lambo), as initially mentioned above - and confirmed by PISA (the producers of the Artero rebody) btw: Pisa - welcome to the forum!.

PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate the welcoming to the forum. I visit often, but post seldom. I will try to be more active.

The Artero is still available, and additional pictures of one may be seen here:

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=241813&page=2

Maybe I should run an ad showing some Fieros blowing the doors off a Viper!?!?

Marty Jakolat
Owner
PISA The Fiero HQ
www.pisafierohq.com

PFF
System Bot
Zaptoman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2004 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZaptomanSend a Private Message to ZaptomanDirect Link to This Post
Heck yeah, i personally would love to see that, or maybe even a reverse of that dodge commercial, with the fiero smoking the guy in the dodge.
RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2004 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerDirect Link to This Post
I think the suspension was designed by Lotus
Pyric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2004 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyricSend a Private Message to PyricDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RiceCooker:

I think the suspension was designed by Lotus

Hey, didn't those things catch fire!

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2004 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Did anybody check the wheels out?

Check the offset front and back.

We have 'matching' but totally different wheels.

Interesting.

Arn

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I finally got a chance to see the commercial. Although I was surprised to see a Fiero (Artero) Rebody I think the commercial was making fun of us? Our cars should handle better than the one featured?

Hmmm......not to self: Don't let t.v personallities do commericals on car.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-30-2004).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I finally saw the commercial last night. It is an Artero. You can even see the stock Fiero seats and seat belt when he catches up with the wagon.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2004 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Marty, anyway to see the Fastback conversion kit on your website? A little expensive, but if it looks good it would be a nice future upgrade especially as donor cars diminish.

------------------
John DuRette
Black 85 SE, undergoing work as we speak!
Battery re-located up front using a V8 Archie box
Remote Start/Window Rollup/Lock/Trunk Release/Alarm
White Gauge Faces w/120 MPH Speedometer Conversion
Hidden Antenna
Urethane Suspension Bushings
Sequential Tallights
Custom Painted Dash Panels
Oreif's painted door tabs and horn button
Shortened Automatic Shifter w/Beretta shiftknob
SpyHunter Intake Scoop
H4 Headlight Conversion - done right!
LED Third Brake Light/Custom Headliner
Thunderbird Turbo hood scoops
Braided Steel Brake Hoses
Lowered an inch
Getting a GT body

Still not on the road, and another Fiero on the horizon!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock