VFiber Body Kits by XThirtySeven
Started on: 09-04-2013 01:06 AM
Replies: 35 (1784 views)
Last post by: quins&dads88 on 04-30-2014 12:53 PM
XThirtySeven

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so I saw the old thread on these kits but it was started almost 3 years ago. Since then has anything new popped up about these? Has anyone ordered from them? I am planning on driving down to LA since its only 5 hours or so from me and I am going to check them out in person. Worst comes to worst I will go sight seeing and have fun in LA.

Old Thread
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...0314-1-084032-2.html

I plan on getting this front bumper and adding a diffuser on the bottom with supports. Then shaving the top sidemarker holes as well as possibly putting side markers in the side vent openings, kinda like the 2013 Prius (I work for Toyota so the idea came to me while looking at one of these pieces of tree hugger junk) Then some big PIAA style Fogs in a custom fiberglass surround to fill the bottom openings on the sides.

http://www.visionautodynami...product.php?pid=3586

This rear bumper is nice in my opinion, nice and smooth.

http://www.visionautodynami...product.php?pid=3595

And add these side skirts along with Fiero Fiber GT Scoop and Ground Effect Tapper moldings.

http://www.visionautodynami...product.php?pid=3584

Opinions and reviews are welcome

------------------
I bought a Fiero because my friends said I shouldn't.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My understanding is that they do not fit at all. I don't mean that you have to do a little filling, shaping and sanding. They are physically the wrong size for the car. The bumper is to wide and has all of the wrong angles. You would have to cut out a section and join the remaining halves together to make it the right width. Then you would have to deal with the wrong angles and fit.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

My understanding is that they do not fit at all. I don't mean that you have to do a little filling, shaping and sanding. They are physically the wrong size for the car. The bumper is to wide and has all of the wrong angles. You would have to cut out a section and join the remaining halves together to make it the right width. Then you would have to deal with the wrong angles and fit.

Its rare that you get a mass produced body kit that fits 100%, I have personally used a vision autodynamics kit on my old Honda accord (don't ask) and It was a tank. the kit held up very well despite a 16 year old beating the snot out of it,.. If I had a stock fiero to play with id try one of there kits out
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that's awesome. /sarcastic tone

They do offer a guarantee that it will fit. Maybe I will try their sponsorship option so the cost isn't as much if i do throw $500 away.

[This message has been edited by XThirtySeven (edited 09-04-2013).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another thing I don't think anyone saw, look at the fenders. I've never seen them

http://www.visionautodynami...product.php?pid=3598
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by XThirtySeven:

They do offer a guarantee that it will fit. Maybe I will try their sponsorship option so the cost isn't as much if i do throw $500 away.

Don't do those sponsorships. They suck lots of regulations regarding them and if they wanted to be asses about it sometimes they can take your car if you font meet there regulations
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Don't do those sponsorships. They suck lots of regulations regarding them and if they wanted to be asses about it sometimes they can take your car if you font meet there regulations

Well when you put it that way I guess $500 is nothing. Nobody is taking my Fiero without a fistfull of cash or teeth.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-04-2013).]

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow. /sarcastic tone.
What an ass.
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Wow. /sarcastic tone.
What an ass.

Sorry if that came off as if I was talking about a member. I was referring to the quality of the parts as "awesome". Like when you hear great news with a stipulation. "This body kit is inexpensive and good looking but doesn't fit at all! Wow that's awesome /sarcastic tone."

------------------

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No skin off my nose either way but judging by those pics posted after i would run.
PFF
System Bot
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks almost like a kit intended for an RX7 or something that they've cut and shut to a facelift bumper to create those kits. They could almost look alright if they weren't all over the place like that.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want one contact Kevin, one of our club members.
You could probably get it for a good price.
I`m not sure which version it is but he could probably tell you all about it.

http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/4009595484.html
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I just set up an order (havent paid for it) with http://www.visionautodynamics.com

They will sell me the kit for $412 if I pick it up. I think I'm going to take a gamble on it and let you guys know how it goes.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I just set up an order (havent paid for it) with http://www.visionautodynamics.com

They will sell me the kit for $412 if I pick it up. I think I'm going to take a gamble on it and let you guys know how it goes.

Take lots of pics, please. We regularly get people asking about them, and the general consensus is "don't go there"...but so far Exoticse is the only one that seems to have seen one in person and shown pics. I tend to trust his opinion, but from the pics it looks like they could be pulled into place to actually fit even though the lines don't look like they work well. The problem I see is that these are not fiberglass...so modifying them to fit better may not be possible.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to clarify a little more, Madcurl (Curly), who is no longer on here or he would chime in, has gone to their shop and witnessed the parts first hand. He wouldn't even buy from them and he was standing right in their shop. Now we all know about Curly and how he is a perfectionist with his cars so he knows the difference between good and bad quality.

If you get the kit and it is the shits, I can stop by Sacramento and see what needs to be done to make it fit and give you some ideas and help.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Just to clarify a little more, Madcurl (Curly), who is no longer on here or he would chime in, has gone to their shop and witnessed the parts first hand. He wouldn't even buy from them and he was standing right in their shop. Now we all know about Curly and how he is a perfectionist with his cars so he knows the difference between good and bad quality.

If you get the kit and it is the shits, I can stop by Sacramento and see what needs to be done to make it fit and give you some ideas and help.

The pictures i posted are actually FROM madcurl so you are correct. The kit in question was purchased by West Coast Fieros. Curly says they are pretty bad. He said in his own words it would take a looooooooooooot of work to just make them decent.

More pics for your viewing dis-pleasure.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-05-2013).]

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OH! nobody likes to look at a saggy butt... That is definatly not the booty you want in your driveway
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread has some more pics of the "Viper" style front piece they sell. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/075773.html#p15

You might take a look at it also to see quality/fit.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
off topic and someone can PM it to me if they like but what happened to madcurl?
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dude... That website look as if it hasn't ben updated in a while... Their latest news ends on may 2012, if I remember what I just saw.. Definitely Look into this company before you send money... Plus the workmanship of those bumpers.. I would be on madcurl side for this one..

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 09-05-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

Dude... That website look as if it hasn't ben updated in a while... Their latest news ends on may 2012, if I remember what I just saw.. Definitely Look into this company before you send money

They are legit. but its like I said before. I ordered from them a good 9 years ago

XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

Dude... That website look as if it hasn't ben updated in a while... Their latest news ends on may 2012, if I remember what I just saw.. Definitely Look into this company before you send money... Plus the workmanship of those bumpers.. I would be on madcurl side for this one..

Talked to them on the phone today. They don't have the pieces I want, I can wait 3 months for the correct front bumper or for $411 I can pick up the full "355" kit

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talked with Madcurl about this company again and he says he warned West Coast Fieros about the product, but they too were too enticed by the price and ordered anyway.

I am told Chris West was pissed by the product he recieved. Curly says it would take another $700 bucks just to fix what was wrong. OH and BTW he says the parts don't bend so forget about just trying to pull them back or into some sort of shape.

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
OH and BTW he says the parts don't bend so forget about just trying to pull them back or into some sort of shape.

Good enough....forget I opened my mouth earlier. Knowing that, I don't know how anyone would attempt these after seeing those pics.
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CowsPatoot

2792 posts
Member since May 2007
Grrrrr.....this double post demon is driving me insane.

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 09-05-2013).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ouch. Good luck.

As per the website :

Note: 84 SE/INDY and 85 SE V4 models must use GT brackets to install properly.

I don't know enough about doing this type of body work, but I will weight in that the car pictured is not a GT, & possibly does not have the correct brackets.

[This message has been edited by no2pencil (edited 09-05-2013).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geez, almost looks like the molds were made from parts that were off the car.
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take one of your auto body experts with you
Don't let excitement over shadow judgment
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh well if you do indeed order, it may at least serve as the final death nail for this product.

XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright well I got my kit. The sideskirts fit great although I do not like the dimple they have in them so I will re work them to be straight. Front bumper doesnt line up super straight with the fenders but with a little glass and sand it will work. Havent had time to fit the rear bumper yet.

PFF
System Bot
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So one of these bumpers was given to me. I like this front. Only problem is that it is poorly made, fiberglass seems thin, and will need body work to fit it. I think this bumpers mold was made with the stock bumper on the ground. The sides stick out. Sucks.

FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Talked with Madcurl about this company again and he says he warned West Coast Fieros about the product, but they too were too enticed by the price and ordered anyway.

I am told Chris West was pissed by the product he recieved. Curly says it would take another $700 bucks just to fix what was wrong. OH and BTW he says the parts don't bend so forget about just trying to pull them back or into some sort of shape.

Boo hoo!
Chris sells **** as we'll, maby they should partner up.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroCanada:
Boo hoo!
Chris sells **** as we'll, maby they should partner up.

lmao !

The styling on these pieces are very cool, but the fit,..total crap. If you went thru all the trouble to make, market, and sell these pieces why not at least do it right ?!!
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one that I will be putting on my car. Got it 2nd hand. It is very rough and is going to need work and support on the inside. But I like the looks, so it should be worth it.
quins&dads88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for quins&dads88Send a Private Message to quins&dads88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last summer I attempted to put a Viber front bumper on . It was manhandled into submission. Took 3 of my buddies, two of them are in the body repair biz . After stepping back we all looked at it and burst out laughing! It was going to take a whole lot of work to make it right , which in the end, wasn't worth the time nor money. I took it back and they where more then accommodating in returning my money. Seeing that I only live 30 minutes away from there place I paid no shipping and chalked it up to a .....what if? Please do not WASTE the money in shipping and AGGRAVATION in making this crap work. Buy one of the Amida's or one of the other members/vendors offering their's on PFF.

Side note; Viber contacted me and offered to put the front bumper on for free. With a suggestion that I would come on here and write a positive result.... That's not going to happen! Old school ethics. Wish more people had it!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock