Started on: 08-14-2013 02:04 PM
Replies: 12 (1164 views)
Last post by: mptighe on 08-15-2013 02:54 AM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone recall who made these? They were a fiberglass panal that ran the length of the GT tail lights and accepted the C5 tail lights Can't seem to find info on it. The other one we are looking for info on is Yellowstone's tail light panel with the round tail lights behind it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "C5" panel was made by someone associated with Space Coast Fieros.
I don't recall his name, but I believe he quit making them due to health reasons.

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This?
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
InfiniteWill made a set of "Yellowstone style" fastback tails several years ago... he may be able to make another if you ask.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I called the guys below almost a year ago and the fellow I talked to said that the guy who made these was out of town.
I left my number and I didn`t hear from him.
I didn`t try again because I had another project come up but you might try to contact them again.
I like his because the pocket is moulded in and to me looks more finished than the ones you get blank and just cut out a hole.
Mike

http://www.suncoastfieros.info/fieroboys.html
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Dean made Yellowstones taillights! I remember trying to contact him when the sh#% was begining to hit the fan and I decided against sending him my taillights. Good move on my part.

Edit to add, this was the build on them
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/087194-3.html

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 08-14-2013).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

InfiniteWill made a set of "Yellowstone style" fastback tails several years ago... he may be able to make another if you ask.

I find it amusing they are referred to "Yellowstone style" when I made them nearly 2 years earlier.

Dr. W.

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 08-14-2013).]

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

I find it amusing they are referred to "Yellowstone style" when I made them 2 years earlier.

Dr. W.

Given the context of the original post, it was simpler than saying "the modified stock GT taillight housings which utilize a set of round lamps in a given size I'm currently unsure of."

donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kahines makes a taillite panel. I think the website is kahines.com. he also males the aftermarket sail panels.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

I find it amusing they are referred to "Yellowstone style" when I made them nearly 2 years earlier.

Dr. W.

Oh great...now I offended the person still making them!!! LOL. No offense intended Will. Just saw them on Yellowstone's car, hence the backhanded compliment. My bad.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Al Lindsey style (Spacecoastfiero):

SunCoastFieros style:

Ken Hines style:

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I recall, the ones WIll made still require the Fiero Fastback clear lenses. He simply cut out holes with a drill press in the red lenses to fit the Corvette lights into. He then spray painted the red lenses black.

You will need one like posted above from Ken if your lenses were not returned to you.

As you can see, you still need the clear lenses for Will / Yellowstones mod:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-15-2013).]

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes unfortunately Dean did Yellowstone's and my taillights. Will has the ability as both of our designs were modeled off of his. If you go the exact route Yellowstone and I did, expect to spend some cash. I paid Yellowstone for his first Hela kit ($450ish knowing I got a deal on them, especially considering they were from Europe). The NOS lenses I bought cost me $600, plus extra for the wiring kit, and the labor to have Dean do them was $450, even though he quoted me $300 and TRIED to charge me $600. I'm sure you could go the way Will originally did for cheaper.

Good luck man, if I had anything to donate I'd be happy to, but I'm still trying to get my car done. Actually, I might have something. What interior are you doing? Custom? Grand Am? Firebird?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock